Update to Version 2.160 Discussion Thread

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
On Wednesday the game will be updated to version 2.160. Feel free to post any questions or feedback in this thread.

Changelog 2.160

Dear Community,

On Wednesday April 4th Grepolis will be updated to version 2.160. As always there will be a short downtime while the update is applied.

Summary

• Battle point calculations were adjusted in order to reduce battle points granted for defeating units of alliance members and removing battle points for killing owned units altogether.
  • Wheel of fortune events now show the chances of winning items directly on the wheel.
  • The game options were expanded to be able to disable warnings about attacking members of your own alliance.
  • Medea and Telemachos were rebalanced slightly and now get a higher increase for their bonus effects with each level-up.
New Features and Changes

• Battle point calculations for both defending and attacking were adjusted to make attacks on friendly units less attractive to farm battle points.
    • Successful defeat of units in the players posession generates 0 battle points.
    • Defeated alliance or pact members' units generate 20% of the total possible battle points for all units killed. In case of this resulting in decimal numbers, battle points get rounded.
    • Battle reports will display an info icon with more information on the specifics:
      bpdisclaimer_browser.png
  • Tired of confirming that you would like to engage in an attack on your fellow alliance members? It is now possible to disable confirmation prompts about attacking your own alliance members from the game options.
    alliance_attack_warning.png

• All events with a Wheel of Fortune now show probabilities of winning a specific reward directly in the user interface, so you can easily tell how high your chances are of getting the most valuable rewards.
    Wheelchances.png
  • Medea's and Telemacho's bonus effect values were adjusted. They now each increase by +1.5% per hero level gained (was: 1%).
Bugfixes

• Recruitment - Fixed a rare error which could get caused when instantly finishing a recruitment of colony ships, resulting in no ship to be granted.
  • Agora - Removed an extra space between the current city count, the separator and the overall possible city count in the agora.
  • Event/Sale icons - The timer was displayed with gaps and the glow around the icon was off.
  • Mythical Hen - A javascript error could lead to the event window not loading.
  • *Mythical Hen - A discrepancy between population values of effects in the recipe book and crafted ones has been fixed.

gpcl-line.png

We hope you enjoy the update and would love to hear any feedback you have here.

Best regards,
Your Grepolis Team

footer.png

DeletedUser35722

It's great how the development blog took into account 0 of anyone's comments about the new battle point implementation. It just shows how useless 1) we are as a player and 2) the grepolis council is ( never heard back from my concerns posted in grepolis council forum) . Seems they are just implementing something with no discussion

Way to go grepolis

DeletedUser21784

good you put a stop on bp faking - we all know those "great warriors" who put themselves on top of the ABP ranks by massively killing their own CSses ...

But what about strategic bp leeching? e.g., an alliance member is under siege by the enemy, and the alliance sends support (DLU/ALU) while at the same time attacking the siege with LS. Will that still be possible?

Rachel.L

Phrourach
yeah and less pacts and coordinated siege breaks now that allies trying to help will get very low amount of bp for their losses o_O
I specifically asked about this and got no answer, "they have considered it" but would give no info
there will be no reason to help each other after this update

Lethal-Bacon

Polemarch
I specifically asked about this and got no answer, "they have considered it" but would give no info
there will be no reason to help each other after this update

well i want a straight answer from Inno staff about full effects and rules for conquest world BP exchange..

DeletedUser41523

Well damn, we'd have gotten rolled in Olous with these rules due to lack of slots (had a 2 month internalization period)

Only bright side i can see is that it might promote smaller and elite teams? Since nobody is going to want to take chances on unknown players.

Fluvisol

Phrourach
yeah and less pacts and coordinated siege breaks now that allies trying to help will get very low amount of bp for their losses o_O
How exactly do you mean less coordinated siege breaks
As explained on the devblog in the comments about bp leeching:
bernardgra says:
February 14, 2018 at 4:54 PM
Hello Thass,

Yea, we did consider situations like that (of course there might be a few scenarios that were not completely considered), that is the exact reason why we want to give a small % of the generated battle points. And as to what happens to the battle points that are “reduced”, they are lost, no one gets the “rest” of the battle points.

Cheers
In an example:
Say half the troops in the siege are your alliance's (none of yourself to keep it simple)
You attack with 4200 pop of harpies
The enemy will get 2100 bp divided among supporters
Your alliance will get 0.2*2100 = 420 bp divided among supporters

Overall this means the enemy will get the same amount of bp (still reduced as before the change), but your alliance will get less (but still some)
Personally I always found leeching a bit too strong myself so I like this change :)

And about allies not wanting to help if they don't get full leech bp, you might wanna find new allies if they help only for bp
They should still get full bp on attacks since none of the units killed are alliance units unless you leech with alu on a flier break lol

Just make sure you don't get allied units confused with allied cities
As long as the units are not owned by an ally you get full bp

DeletedUser34939

First big change in a long long time that I really like.

Rachel.L

Phrourach
How exactly do you mean less coordinated siege breaks
As explained on the devblog in the comments about bp leeching:
In an example:
Say half the troops in the siege are your alliance's (none of yourself to keep it simple)
You attack with 4200 pop of harpies
The enemy will get 2100 bp divided among supporters
Your alliance will get 0.2*2100 = 420 bp divided among supporters

Overall this means the enemy will get the same amount of bp (still reduced as before the change), but your alliance will get less (but still some)
Personally I always found leeching a bit too strong myself so I like this change :)

And about allies not wanting to help if they don't get full leech bp, you might wanna find new allies if they help only for bp
They should still get full bp on attacks since none of the units killed are alliance units unless you leech with alu on a flier break lol

unless I read wrong @Fluvisol , and I specifically ask berg and he didn't answer my question, you are incorrect on the second part of you surmise
not only will you and your team get 0.2 x the bp for defense but you will also get 0.2x bp for the attack
so as AK said, it decreases the incentive to help teammates break a siege, or even for you to keep a city
better for you to lose it and retake it... the bps are better
but since berg didn't answer me, I could be mistaken

DeletedUser34939

It depends on whether the modifier is based on who owns the city or who owns the troops. The way it was written makes it sound like the owner of the troops is the deciding factor and that would make the most sense since you have to stick your own troops in another city to self-kill anyway.

So you would still get full BP for killing enemy troops in a friendly city or defending against enemy troops in a friendly city. You only get the modifier if the troops being killed are your own or an allies.

The only negative I see is that people will get 20% BP for clearing inactive internals. Maybe it'll lead to internals being kicked before clears. That's fine by me too.

Lethal-Bacon

Polemarch
unless I read wrong @Fluvisol , and I specifically ask berg and he didn't answer my question, you are incorrect on the second part of you surmise
not only will you and your team get 0.2 x the bp for defense but you will also get 0.2x bp for the attack
so as AK said, it decreases the incentive to help teammates break a siege, or even for you to keep a city
better for you to lose it and retake it... the bps are better
but since berg didn't answer me, I could be mistaken

It depends on whether the modifier is based on who owns the city or who owns the troops. The way it was written makes it sound like the owner of the troops is the deciding factor and that would make the most sense since you have to stick your own troops in another city to self-kill anyway.

So you would still get full BP for killing enemy troops in a friendly city or defending against enemy troops in a friendly city. You only get the modifier if the troops being killed are your own or an allies.

The only negative I see is that people will get 20% BP for clearing inactive internals. Maybe it'll lead to internals being kicked before clears. That's fine by me too.

hence why i want for inno staff to answer our concerns because we don't know much about it other than what they announced, nor about backup systems that might be in place to prevent disbanding pact/kicking player out before attacking/defending.

DeletedUser48212

Do you still get the normal bp for defending allied cities or do you only get 20% now? I am not entirely sure how this works because it only says its for attacking allied cities but it says Battle point calculations for both defending and attacking were adjusted to make attacks on friendly units less attractive to farm battle points

DeletedUser34939

Only clarification needed is if it's based on owner of city or owner of troops.

It's worded to suggest owner of troops.

The only way to make it work to prevent BP gain from self killing is to have it based on owner of troops.

Common sense says you will still get full BP for killing enemy troops in a siege on a friendly city.