Update to Version 2.172 Discussion Thread

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
Next week the game will be updated to version 2.172. Feel free to post any questions or feedback in this thread.

Changelog 2.172

Dear Community,

Next week the game will be updated to version 2.172. As always there will be a short downtime while the update is applied.

Summary

• In this version we will bring a few more improvements to the Simulator desired by the community.
New Features and Changes

• Agora - Following feedback from our players, we added two more small improvements to the Simulator:
    • Alliance reductions, which reflect the number of battle points you get if the player you attack is in the same alliance.
    • Battle experience research, which gives battle points for 10% of your lost units.
Bugfixes

• Administrator's overview - The button 'Return all units' will be now taking into account only the towns from the filtered group.
  • [Simulator] In the Simulator, only the worshiped god will be automatically selected.*

gpcl-line.png

We hope you enjoy the update and would love to hear any feedback you have here.

Best regards,
Your Grepolis Team

footer.png

Zarun-

Strategos
I was curious if the new domination worlds had the adjusted morale I read about on devblog?

Seem to recall something about making it less severe. Attacking a 1 city player was ridiculous once you hit 20+ cities or so. Some might say you shouldn't be attacking 1 city players but enemy will abuse that - set them up via separate accounts or use friends.

Tempted to join to check out domination but top 10 game on Forge of Empires doesn't leave a lot of free time. Would take 6/6 revolt settings to pry me away.

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
All new worlds with morale have the recently adjusted morale settings but they don't quite work the way your post implies. Morale decreases over time based on number of cities and points and eventually no longer protects you while you are above that threshold. So if a player who had 20 cities attacked a player with 1 city they would have a seriously bad morale penalty. However if that same player with 20 cities attacked a player with 9-10 cities even if they had more than double the other player's points the morale penalty would be much smaller. Generally morale stops protecting players once they pass around 10 cities or so. For instance a 1 million point player who attacked someone with 10-12 cities and a total of maybe 80k or so points would likely face 0 morale penalty.

DeletedUser36530

All new worlds with morale have the recently adjusted morale settings but they don't quite work the way your post implies. Morale decreases over time based on number of cities and points and eventually no longer protects you while you are above that threshold. So if a player who had 20 cities attacked a player with 1 city they would have a seriously bad morale penalty. However if that same player with 20 cities attacked a player with 9-10 cities even if they had more than double the other player's points the morale penalty would be much smaller. Generally morale stops protecting players once they pass around 10 cities or so. For instance a 1 million point player who attacked someone with 10-12 cities and a total of maybe 80k or so points would likely face 0 morale penalty.
i was unaware there was a change. So you're saying moral effects decrease as the size of the smaller opponent gets larger, regardless of offensive persons size? so 100 city person would suffer huge moral penalty attacking 1 city person, but attacking 10 city person (regardless having 10x more cities and points) and they suffer no moral?

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
Essentially. Morale is basically going to be active on most worlds going forward and considering that Inno wanted to adjust it so it decreases over time and isn't always a massive negative for the attacker.

DeletedUser21985

android 6.0 marshmallow
also the version 2.172.0 app shows frequent crashes as introduced from 2.170.0. Frequency some 2x each 10minutes; so 1/3 of my time goes to waiting on the app restart. With this low reliability, there is no way i can operate any timed ops on app.
Don't know if is possible but maybe prepare a lite version of the app without the events, the rings and bells that are resource consuming. Don't need immo to push me to buying new hardware

added 7/10: looks like an issue with one phone; can't repeat it on other phones; so far no confirmation from other players.

Last edited by a moderator: