Update to Version 2.188 Discussion Thread

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
On Wednesday the game will be updated to version 2.188. Please post any questions or feedback in this thread.

Changelog 2.188

Dear Community,

On Wednesday May 15th Grepolis will be updated to version 2.188. As always there will be a short downtime while the update is applied.

Summary

In this update, we introduce some changes to our reports system, as well as improving the notifications and reports settings ingame. Additionally, we also fixed some bugs! Check out the changes below:
New Features and Changes

• We have added functionality to the reports for Ghost Towns, meaning you will now get a report when a city ghosts when you have units stationed in this city. The report should help to reduce how often you lose their troops stationed in a ghost town!
GhostReport.png

• We've added functionality to the settings menu to allow you to choose which notifications and reports you receive. This should help to filter out the unwanted notifications as player's accounts grow, as well as keeping your report inboxes clean!
SettingsReportsNotifications.gif

• We have changed the Gold Exchange window so it now reads "Enter the desired amount to get the estimated price" when there is no value entered
GoldExchangeNoEntry.png

• We have clarified in the Trade Overview which trades are to and from the Gold Exchange for ease of understanding:
TradeOverviewGE2.png

Bugfixes

• The Compass will no longer show in your City view.
  • When accepting all trade offers on a page, the window will now show the previous page rather than showing no current trade offers.
  • When a conquest starts in a city while its hero is on its way to another town, the city's hero will leave the town only when the command arrives at its destination
  • Players with a large number of cities will now always be able to restart their account.
  • The correct time will now always show in the "Days left until a new target is calculated:" for the World Wonders construction site window.

gpcl-line.png

We hope you enjoy the update and would love to hear any feedback you have here.

Best regards,
Your Grepolis Team

footer.png

DeletedUser54192

@Baudin Toolan
As a result of the update, players are now receiving reports when they remove their support from other players' cities. The only way to turn these reports off is to deselect the option "Withdrawing Supports (when the troops' owner recalls them)", however this also turns off the reports for when other players remove their support from one of your cities.

Given that the changelog mentions nothing about this additional type of report now included in the "Withdrawing Supports" category, I'm assuming this is a bug?

If this isn't a bug, I think there needs to be a way to disable reports for withdrawing your own troops, that doesn't disable the reports when other people withdraw their own troops from your cities.

DeletedUser43864

@Baudin Toolan
As a result of the update, players are now receiving reports when they remove their support from other players' cities. The only way to turn these reports off is to deselect the option "Withdrawing Supports (when the troops' owner recalls them)", however this also turns off the reports for when other players remove their support from one of your cities.

Given that the changelog mentions nothing about this additional type of report now included in the "Withdrawing Supports" category, I'm assuming this is a bug?

If this isn't a bug, I think there needs to be a way to disable reports for withdrawing your own troops, that doesn't disable the reports when other people withdraw their own troops from your cities.
Does it really matter if you receive a report for this? Don't think its an issue really

Richard

Strategos
@Baudin Toolan

Intended, but, only in so far that this iteration is the "day one" version of the changes. We're looking to improve it, so I'll send the request over for this to be one of the improvements.

DeletedUser54192

Does it really matter if you receive a report for this? Don't think its an issue really
The Changelog stated that this update was meant to help us filter out unwanted reports and keep report inboxes clean. So, when it added a new type of report (that I think a fair number of players will find to be unnecessary clutter, but some players may appreciate) that couldn't be removed without also removing a more useful type of report, I was a little confused.

Thank you @Richard for the clarification. Would it be possible to edit it into the Changelog so that others don't get confused if they don't see the discussion thread?