Update to Version 2.191 Discussion Thread

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
On Wednesday the game will be updated to version 2.191. Feel free to post any questions or feedback in this thread.

Changelog 2.191

Dear Community,

On Wednesday Grepolis will be updated to version 2.191. As always there will be a short downtime while the update is applied.

Summary

• This version brings a nice new indicator, which will help you manage your number of cities.
New Features and Changes

• We added a new Cities and Cultural level indicator to the city list part of the main UI. Now you will be able to check how many cities you can still conquer with one glimpse at the screen.
culture_indicator.png

Bugfixes

• Players with insufficient privileges will no longer be able to add alliances to shared forums.
  • The Marketplace window was slightly reworked so that all the tabs are clearly visible, even if the city has a very long name.

gpcl-line.png

We hope you enjoy the update and would love to hear any feedback you have in this thread.

Best regards,
Your Grepolis Team

footer.png

Richard

Strategos
Wondering when my phone alarm will be fixed...
The issues with the phone alarm are still outstanding, and are significantly more complex than merely a simple fix. If it were a simple fix, we would have already done so and hotfixed the issue. The fact we haven't isn't an indication we're ignoring the issue, but that it isn't straightforward. We appreciate people's patience.

For clarity, though, the guy working on a bug fix on the app is generally not the same guy who is implementing small UI tweaks to the game. In this case, it definitely isn't.

@Baudin Toolan. Has this update done anything at all to help fix the issues with the 3rd party sites? Anything at all?
Its my understanding this issue should be fixed with this update. Its not listed in the changelog as it isn't really a fix to our code we've pushed/something that is broken with the game itself.

DeletedUser56379

A couple of changes I think are necessary for the game, and I would hope are given some consideration for the next update :)

1. An option to add the units from a report on an alliance forum into the simulator (Much like from your own reports)
2. A limit to how many attacks can be sent from 1 city at a time. I think we can all agree that 10 is enough that 1 city shouldn't ever reach that limit, unless for nefarious reasons. This will take away the extreme of spamming attacks without getting rid of the tactic entirely
3. I think I'm not alone when I say that we don't like it when so many worlds are released so quickly. I've been playing my current world for 4 months, and 2 new en worlds have already come out. This promotes smaller servers, which I think it the opposite of what everyone wants.

Perhaps something to spice up the game would be to come up with a new win condition. A couple of buddies and I have been toying with a couple ideas. I won't jump into it too much, but that might shake up the meta a bit, and may even bring a few old players back to the game.

thewilsh

Phrourach
The issues with the phone alarm are still outstanding, and are significantly more complex than merely a simple fix. If it were a simple fix, we would have already done so and hotfixed the issue. The fact we haven't isn't an indication we're ignoring the issue, but that it isn't straightforward. We appreciate people's patience.

Not straightforward? With a robust Change/Release process and sufficient back out plans in place for a failed change then this would have been straightforward to fix whilst the root cause could be investigated and a robust release made in the future without breaking the game more.

Each release something breaks, insufficient testing and poor process are the general reasons for this.

1saaa

Strategos
perhaps slowing down the updates and instead providing quality over quantity is the way to go?

weekly updates are nice but everything has to be tested and i for one would prefer more meaty updates every month or so rather than the standard issue update every week.

@Hyperadox. Maybe try the ideas thread. Not much comes out of it but sometimes we strike gold.

DeletedUser27063

Not straightforward? With a robust Change/Release process and sufficient back out plans in place for a failed change then this would have been straightforward to fix whilst the root cause could be investigated and a robust release made in the future without breaking the game more.

Each release something breaks, insufficient testing and poor process are the general reasons for this.

This hits the bulls eye, I work in a software company and if we were releasing updates like this, I would have been fired on second release if not first. This reflects either the developers do not have the skills required for Inno's development or does not care , which in both cases, they need to be replaced with people who take their job seriously.

DeletedUser41523

Inno 2017: Wow we need a council of players to tell us how to run out game because we haven't a clue.
Inno 2018: K well that's done. We can take it from here.
Inno 2019: Honey, I broke the phone alarms.
Inno 2020: Wow we need a council of players to tell us how to run our game because we haven't a clue.