Update to Version 2.212 Discussion Thread

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
On Wednesday the game will be updated to version 2.212. Feel free to post any questions or feedback in this thread.

Changelog X.XXX

Dear Community,

On Wednesday April 29th Grepolis will be updated to version 2.212. As always there will be a short downtime while the update is applied.

Summary

In this update, our developers continued their work on Olympus, with the first Olympus world running on our Beta server. We also fixed some bugs which managed to pop up during some technical changes we've also implemented in the game.

Bugfixes

• Chain Lightening spell will no longer cause an error when casting Lighting on a city supported by lots of other cities.
  • The tutorial will again show for players on worlds which start with 3 cities.

gpcl-line.png

We hope you enjoy the update and would love to hear any feedback you have here.

Best regards,
Your Grepolis Team

footer.png

Fluvisol

Phrourach
No updates for this troops getting stuck on return to the city thing?

Also, chrome is often needing a refresh to make Grepo not lag to infinity.
First part is mostly on fast servers, probably not easy to fix. Assuming it's something to do with the server not managing with the higher volume of commands on those worlds

Second part, that's just a chrome issue tbh, it's just too CPU intensive. I suggest using Opera which is very similar to Chrome, or Mozilla. Clearing cache often helps as well iirc, and not having a billion tabs open :)

DeletedUser55437

Refreshing doesnt help with anything. Im no expert or anything but when i have grepo open for a while it gradually takes up more and more ram. You have to close task through task manager and open it again

xFate

Strategos
Restarting solves the issue - but you will need to constantly restart because the memory requirements go back up in a ridiculous amount in a very low amount of time. Not sure what it could be, but going on from what Fluvisol said, i've played this game for many, many years on Chrome and never had this issue. It always ran smooth and that was when i had an even worse computer. There is an issue that Inno need to take into account, but it probably costs too much money to fix so I doubt they will. Rather spend money on creating more events.