Update to Version 2.214 Discussion Thread

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
On Wednesday the game will be updated to version 2.214. Feel free to post any feedback or questions about the update here.

Changelog 2.214

Dear Community,

On Wednesday May 27th the game will be updated to version 2.214. As always there will be a short downtime while the update is applied.

Summary

In this update, our team focused their efforts on polishing for Olympus. They also fixed a couple of bugs which were found with World Wonders.

Bugfixes

• To make sure the rules of peace time are correctly followed, you are no longer able to reduce the time for a World Wonder level upgrade using favor during peace time.
  • The World Wonder recalculation will once again always correctly reduce the requirements based on the World Wonder rules.
  • Incoming attacks from quest will no longer incorrectly say they are coming from a Ghost town in the premium overview.

We hope you enjoy the update and would love to hear any feedback you have here.

Best regards,

Your Grepolis Team

DeletedUser27063

No Recalculation happened in en121 Himeria when the recalculation was suppose to happen a week back. The score was 190/250 M during the recalculation time (check game logs for that day). Will this update correct it or We are stuck at 250M?

Hydna

Grepolis Team
No Recalculation happened in en121 Himeria when the recalculation was suppose to happen a week back. The score was 190/250 M during the recalculation time (check game logs for that day). Will this update correct it or We are stuck at 250M?

Your world was updated but no recalculation was due. If you refer to the wiki the calculation based on the figure you give is:
190 x1.5 = 285m so more than 250m therefore no change.

curadh

Phrourach
So this update focus's on Olympus 'polishing' which affects no one at all on live servers!!!!

What about fixing the numerous bugs that ARE affecting all live servers??? Domination calculation broken, attack planner broken (something that players PAY for), unstable game resulting in freezing and players being unable to log in for periods. I strongly suggest that developers get their priorities in order and fix the current game before more players leave for good. After all what point is there in having a new end game if there is no one left to play it?

Ranga1

Strategos
So this update focus's on Olympus 'polishing' which affects no one at all on live servers!!!!

What about fixing the numerous bugs that ARE affecting all live servers??? Domination calculation broken, attack planner broken (something that players PAY for), unstable game resulting in freezing and players being unable to log in for periods. I strongly suggest that developers get their priorities in order and fix the current game before more players leave for good. After all what point is there in having a new end game if there is no one left to play it?
Gosh you complain a lot....

Hydna

Grepolis Team

The issue with the domination timer is in progress with developers working on this.
The issue with the attack planner has been reported but I do not yet have an update on its status.

The issues generally we share your frustration and both we and our developers are working hard to try and resolve them. I am sorry we honestly are working hard on all these issues as they occur.

Last edited:

curadh

Phrourach
But still developers are working on the 'polishing' of Olympus instead of fixing the here and now problems .. many of which aren't new and are added to with each update. Get the game stable first BEFORE any Olympus changes please ... these are future game (for those that bother to stay that long), then play with the new end game.

Abominable Snowman

Hekatontarch
The issue with the domination timer is in progress with developers working on this.
The issue with the attack planner has been reported but I do not yet have an update on its status.

The issues generally we share your frustration and both we and our developers are working hard to try and resolve them. I am sorry we honestly are working hard on all these issues as they occur.
Hi,

will you ever consider updating your servers ?

Yesterday, on 125 world, we timed alot of attacks for same minute for a siege break. And the server was slow with processing, we have gotten reports like 30-40 minutes AFTER the attack has hit.

Hydna

Grepolis Team
Hi,

will you ever consider updating your servers ?

Yesterday, on 125 world, we timed alot of attacks for same minute for a siege break. And the server was slow with processing, we have gotten reports like 30-40 minutes AFTER the attack has hit.
We do update our servers regularly. Alone this does not resolve all the issues you are experiencing so we do also focus on limiting causes of the issues within the gamecode. I accept there have been more issues than is normal recently but that is not related to a failure to update our servers.

I have looked at 125 and your lag yesterday. When there is an exceptionally high level of attacks/supports that can cause a lag for a short period and I believe that is what happened there. I checked an hour or so after and it appeared to be back to normal. If you are experiencing ongoing issues in 125 please raise a ticket.

DeletedUser55742

I do have to ask one thing, if the olympus gameplay is not yet being added to any world over here and only being played on the beta server. Why dont they work on olympus over there until its perfect and then transfer it over here when the end game is ready with very little bugs, or is this all one system :confused:

Abominable Snowman

Hekatontarch
We do update our servers regularly. Alone this does not resolve all the issues you are experiencing so we do also focus on limiting causes of the issues within the gamecode. I accept there have been more issues than is normal recently but that is not related to a failure to update our servers.

I have looked at 125 and your lag yesterday. When there is an exceptionally high level of attacks/supports that can cause a lag for a short period and I believe that is what happened there. I checked an hour or so after and it appeared to be back to normal. If you are experiencing ongoing issues in 125 please raise a ticket.
Thanks for answer.

I do realize that you update frequently. Altough, based on yesterday, it seemed like your servers lack of processing power (bugs are something else). Basically a processor couldnt process all the commands. This happened for over 40 minutes, when we were getting delayed reports. The siege should be over, but we were still receiving reports from back.

Lethal-Bacon

Polemarch
Thanks for answer.

I do realize that you update frequently. Altough, based on yesterday, it seemed like your servers lack of processing power (bugs are something else). Basically a processor couldnt process all the commands. This happened for over 40 minutes, when we were getting delayed reports. The siege should be over, but we were still receiving reports from back.

updating server has nothing to do with processing loads of in game actions/commands, server as you put it lacks required processing power to go trough it all, and them updating it wont fix it, they need to have better servers if they intend to throw speed 6 worlds in the mix with other world speeds/markets.

Abominable Snowman

Hekatontarch
updating server has nothing to do with processing loads of in game actions/commands, server as you put it lacks required processing power to go trough it all, and them updating it wont fix it, they need to have better servers if they intend to throw speed 6 worlds in the mix with other world speeds/markets.
thats exactly what i meant.... update servers = upgrade or replace servers with more processing power

curadh

Phrourach
You were lucky it was only 40 mins. In 105 it took hours for attacks to be processed after a WW bust and by the time reports came through all our HS buffs had run out, so we never got the extra bps from the attacks.

Ranga1

Strategos
shut up ranga, man has a point, instead of making new endgame/new features they should be working more to keep the game stable and have no ongoing/constant recurring issues rather than focusing all/majority of their already limited manpower onto new features.
Why though? They have been milking the player base for years, the game has been dying for years, every update is aimed at gaining as much revenue as possible whilst spending as little as possible, kinda like a business. Guarantee not one player will come to grepo because it's "stable"

Oh and she a woman not a man FYI EK