Update to Version 2.214 Discussion Thread

Hydna

Grepolis Team
The devs fixed the Domination Timer bug and on the basis this is critical for Dom era worlds we have managed to add this to todays update rather than wait another week.

Fluvisol

Phrourach
Since I don't see it mentioned here
Apparently the last update broke the travel time simulator
It also made it so you can't cast helm anymore after 10% of the travel time, taking away an invaluable tool for stopping your attack being spelled

Hydna

Grepolis Team
It also made it so you can't cast helm anymore after 10% of the travel time, taking away an invaluable tool for stopping your attack being spelled

Thanks we are aware of the travel time simulator. We are running a hotfix today which should solve that problem.

The invisibility spell. We will look into that one and I will update when I know more.

Hydna

Grepolis Team
Ok the Helmet of invisibility spell. Apparently there were complaints from some servers that players were using this late, it didn't work and they felt they had wasted favor. Then there was a bug with it that caused it to work for more than 10% so when that was fixed the devs changed how it works. This should have been noted in the changelog but it was a late addition and it was missed. It was considered a bug fix.

So what we have now is an invisibility spell that works for the first 10 mins and that is the only time you can cast this. If you try to cast it late you receive an error message saying sorry 10% of time has passed you cannot do this.

I have fed back that this spell is also useful late in that it works as a means to respell to combat purification and then say Rage/seastorm, that the cost makes it effective in situations where multiple spells are needed.

What our devs would like is your feedback here - what do you think. If you want this spell restored to the way it was originally then we need to know and I will feed that back. We are asking all servers for their views on this.

Last edited:

Shuri2060

Strategos
I liked how it was before - being able to cast it after 10% TT in order to just protect your attack. It's quite an important strategy with regards to attacking imo.

Being able to do this gives more options.

Also, Hades is already regarded to be a less useful god to get - I think it would be a bad idea making him slightly worse than already is the case.

DeletedUser22115

What our devs would like is your feedback here - what do you think. If you want this spell restored to the way it was originally then we need to know and I will feed that back. We are asking all servers for their views on this.

In my opinion, If a player casts the spell after the first 10 percent of the journey making the effect of the spell null and void, then its their choice, whether to avoid a spell or to counter purification. Disabling the ability to use the spell after the first 10 percent of a journey just restricts the handful of spells you have available on attack, even though the effect would be null and void, the use of avoiding a defensive spell gives it considerable value in my opinion.

DeletedUser47822

Players who said they are using it late and lost favor. There was a prompt which told that the time for invisibility has passed away or not. That countered the chances of favor being wasted unless they are not using their brains. Anyway, this should be as it was, this is a strategical spell if used correctly this is really useful. And I'm pretty sure majority of the players will agree on that matter.

DeletedUser35722

urgh i learnt this the hard way
this should be fixed ASAP