Update to Version 2.219 Discussion Thread

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
On Wednesday the game will be updated to version 2.219. Feel free to post any questions or feedback you have about the update here.

Changelog 2.219

Dear Community,

On Wednesday August 5th Grepolis will be updated to version 2.219. As always there will be a short downtime while the update is applied.

New Features and Changes

• We're changing the way restarting works:
    • If the first restart is within 24 hours of the town's creation, it can be done immediately without any additional cooldown. The deletion of the original city is automatic.
    • Every restart after the first has a 5 day cooldown, meaning if a player restarts, they have to wait 5 days before they can restart again.
    • Additionally, after changing the email address associated to a game account, players have to wait 5 days before you can restart again.
    • These changes do not affect players who restart due to losing their last city, and only work on restarts initiated by the player via settings
  • Spy reports will now show which god is worshiped in the city too.
  • We've added the possibility to delete multiple posts at once in the alliance forums (providing you have the right to delete posts).
  • For Olympus worlds, when a siege is ongoing on a temple, we've adjusted how the besieger and alliances can interact with the incoming commands:
    • The player besieging the temple can cast spells on incoming enemy commands to the temple.
    • Players supporting the siege cannot cast spells on incoming commands to the temple.
    • For clarity, once a temple is owned, any player in the alliance who owns the temple can cast spells on incoming commands.

Bugfixes

• We have adjusted the formatting the commands timers in the command overview.
  • Links to farming villages within the Farming Village overview will now work correctly in all cases.
  • The name of the alliance conquering temple will be now correct for pacted alliance reports.

* Found on beta, did not occur on live worlds.

gpcl-line.png

We hope you enjoy the update and would love to hear any feedback you have here.

Best regards,
Your Grepolis Team

footer.png

Shuri2060

Strategos
I like most of the changes here. A few things I'd comment on -

1. With less players joining worlds, it's harder to expand in core oceans. Previously, getting others to generate anchors to restart was a way around this.

I agree that this is more of an exploit than actual strategy - but it does highlight a problem nonetheless.

I'd suggest doing something similar to Olympus worlds for all worlds - at the start all anchors within a ~1.5-2 ocean radius of the centre have their anchors open. (Not all anchors because that could cause other problems on WW worlds)

2. I don't like the idea of being able to spell commands on a siege - allowing that for temples (even just for the sieging player) seems inconsistent to me. Alliances could still favor farm and generate enough favor to spell a lot of the attacks making it even harder to break temple sieges. Also the Wisdom spell is useless in this case as the contents are visible.

I also don't think it is a good idea to allow all members of the alliance to spell incoming commands to their temple - especially when the attacking units are visible. That makes stealing a temple extremely hard.

I'm not sure why contents of incoming commands to temples are visible - I don't think that's a good feature.

curadh

Phrourach
There should be a cool down on players joining alliance so that the can't spell for x number of days (as in WW) this would prevent alliances using all their favour spelling attacks and then swapping allies in to do the same. If this isn't implemented then as is said it will be impossible to take any temple from another alliance.

I'm glad that developers have learnt time formats finally although it has taken weeks since they broke them.

maxilex

Phrourach
Love the god on spy reports!

The delete multiple posts option, is also good, it works nicely once you disable the option for it in Flask tools!

The temple changes seem appropriate to me, Temple are like regular cities, but NOT regular cities, so the ability to spell incoming attacks seems ok to me. Of course favour farming will be employed, and will select for active alliances working well together.

Urope

Hipparchus
The 5 days cooldown period between restarts is long when you want to move a player near an alliance.
We encountered regularly that players restarting "near alliance" landed near one far away town of one of our players instead close to 90% of the alliance towns . So now if this happens the player has to wait 5 days before he can have another trial to move near the alliance or has to build up to get conquest ready and send a CS to move .. still longer.
So in fact 2 requests.. reduce the cool down to 1 day and review the restart algorithm to really land near the alliance and not near the first alliance town that you find somewhere in the world

1saaa

Strategos
The 5 days cooldown period between restarts is long when you want to move a player near an alliance.
We encountered regularly that players restarting "near alliance" landed near one far away town of one of our players instead close to 90% of the alliance towns . So now if this happens the player has to wait 5 days before he can have another trial to move near the alliance or has to build up to get conquest ready and send a CS to move .. still longer.
So in fact 2 requests.. reduce the cool down to 1 day and review the restart algorithm to really land near the alliance and not near the first alliance town that you find somewhere in the world
You can circumnavigate this issue by generating a link from an empty city spot near your alliance.

DeletedUser57069

My phone might just be trash (iphone 6, behind on iOS), but since this update I have been getting very spotty phone alarms. Some delayed multiple minutes, the majority never come through, and a small fraction come through on time.

Urope

Hipparchus
You can circumnavigate this issue by generating a link from an empty city spot near your alliance.
didn't find the way to use the link during restart .. only saw the options .. land near alliance or direction

if you invite a player who isn't yet in the world the invitation link works fine

curadh

Phrourach
The player just needs to log out without selecting near alliance or direction .. then log back in using the link

The link needs to be to a particular island as a link .. not an invitation

Hydna

Grepolis Team
didn't find the way to use the link during restart .. only saw the options .. land near alliance or direction

if you invite a player who isn't yet in the world the invitation link works fine

I need more information on this. I think there may be an issue using a direct link after restarting. I have a ticket on this and i know of another player who had the same issue. I can report it as a bug but I need to verify this.

What I think is happening is that you restart (voluntarily or are conquered) and then try to use a direct link but it just takes you back to the normal options.

Shuri2060

Strategos
Links to farming villages from overview still don't work properly.

Now the error 'Your active city is not on this island.' is generated in the cases where nothing at all would have happened previously.

To generate this bug:

1. Reload page.
2. Select a city far away from the currently selected city without jumping to the new city's location on the map.
3. Through the farming overview attempt to open one of the farming villages belonging to the new city.

Urope

Hipparchus
The player just needs to log out without selecting near alliance or direction .. then log back in using the link

The link needs to be to a particular island as a link .. not an invitation
I didn't try this and I wonder if in this case you keep the advantages of restart , i.e. " Inventory, coins of wisdom and war, heroes and 3 culture points (if you have 3 cultures points or more) will be kept. " or if you start like a new player in the world

Hydna

Grepolis Team
I didn't try this and I wonder if in this case you keep the advantages of restart , i.e. " Inventory, coins of wisdom and war, heroes and 3 culture points (if you have 3 cultures points or more) will be kept. " or if you start like a new player in the world

Yes if you restart using a link it is still a restart so you keep max 3 slots, heroes and inventory.

curadh

Phrourach
I've always restarted like that (via a link) and never had any problem ... plus you can land exactly where you want without any nasty surprises.