Update to Version 2.220 Discussion Thread

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
On Wednesday, the 19th, the game will be updated to version 2.220. Feel free to post any feedback or questions about the update here.

Changelog 2.220

Dear Community,

On Wednesday August 19th Grepolis will be updated to version 2.220. As always there will be a short downtime while the update is applied.

New Features and Changes

• We've added an option to the settings menu to receive notifications when unit recruitment is complete.
  • After reviewing community feedback, we have decided to disable morale during sieges on conquest worlds. This change will not apply for conquests on ghost towns.
Bugfixes

• We fixed some small text errors in the Small Temples info window.
  • Temples on Olympus worlds will no longer occupy a city slot during the siege.
  • The contents on incoming commands on a temple from other players can no longer be seen by the besieger.
  • The Temple Info window now correctly shows the increased transport capacity where the supporting city has Bunks researched.
  • Temple buffs which improve resource production now correctly adjust the production per hour displayed in the top right corner of the screen. This was a display issue only.
  • Portal Temple buff will no longer be displayed if a player leaves an alliance with a portal temple for one without a portal.
  • Travel time for commands with Atalanta and Fast Transport ships are displayed consistently on both the App and Browser versions of the game.
  • Commands with Helmet of Invisibility active will not be shown on a temple's info window during their period of invisibility.
  • Farming villages on island map overview will update when resources are collected using the Farming Villages Overview again.
  • City Festivals and Victory Processions will again show the remaining time in the Culture Overview.
* Found on beta, did not occur on live worlds.

gpcl-line.png

We hope you enjoy the update and would love to hear any feedback you have here.

Best regards,
Your Grepolis Team

footer.png

Shuri2060

Strategos
The morale change was much needed, but I'm not sure on making it have immediate effect on existing worlds, especially on such short notice - I think it would be better if only new worlds had this feature from now on.

This practically makes morale CQ into non-morale CQ strategy wise, and that would mess up much of existing city/unit builds, plans, strategies, etc.

Siege morale has a heavy impact on CQ strategy and this would especially cause large disruption to worlds near their end (like en121) where alliances are heavily relying on LMDs to get near WWs - their plans/preparations up to now would have been geared towards utilizing this.

For a small number of players, this may mean wasted time/gold if they joined a new world to LMD recently. Not having enough time to play full could mean they would quit. Their growth could be severely inhibited compared to other players, having spent their resources to focus their city towards a specific build, eg. getting Lighthouse, demolishing buildings, rotating for + maxing non-ideal starting heroes like Helen rather than getting Aristotle, not focusing on growing slots, etc.

Last edited:

King Soos

Strategos
The morale change was much needed, but I'm not sure on making it have immediate effect on existing worlds, especially on such short notice - I think it would be better if only new worlds had this feature from now on.

This practically makes morale CQ into non-morale CQ worlds strategy wise, and that would mess up much of existing city buiilds, plans, strategies, etc.

Siege morale has a heavy impact on CQ strategy and this would especially cause large disruption to worlds near their end (like en121) where alliances are heavily relying on LMDs to get near WWs - their plans/preparations up to now would have been geared towards utilizing this.
exactly, or at least have a vote like they did on 124.
let worlds decide rather than inflicting this on every current world without even a choice.

Shuri2060

Strategos
If there is an issue code-wise in making some CQ worlds with siege morale and others without, then imo this update should only be implemented once all current CQ morale worlds have ended.

Until then, make all new CQ worlds non-morale and there won't be any issues in consistency. Strategy wise new morale and non-morale function very similarly so I don't think players would mind.

DeletedUser55069

The Cultural Overview is still broken for me, but nothing can overshadow the happiness I feel about the removal of LMD strategies...

maxilex

Phrourach
Superb, I'm not sure it is the right move, given that joining worlds with morale is a choice, and players could simply have played no morale worlds [I assume that is still an option]..but I love it...

MissusR

Phrourach
The whole concept of Low Morale was to give players new to Grepo a time to learn and grow without loosing their new city(ies) straight away. It did not take long before alliances saw the advantages and we had the LMD. At the same time we got hit by some bright developers idea of small cap worlds. So the whole point of LM was down the drain as none of the established alliances wanted to waste space on new players.

DeletedUser57043

This is fantastic news, thank you. I hope we still get true non-morale worlds especially for high speed servers. However, this does solve 90% of the problem with morale.

:)

Much love and respect for recent changes

Bannable Spam
LMDs nerfed

For my third wish I ask BP boosting be hard nerfed (no more token boosting / delete quads) or made bannable :p

- Alex

Hydna

Grepolis Team
This is fantastic news, thank you. I hope we still get true non-morale worlds especially for high speed servers. However, this does solve 90% of the problem with morale.

:)

Much love and respect for recent changes

Bannable Spam
LMDs nerfed

For my third wish I ask BP boosting be hard nerfed (no more token boosting / delete quads) or made bannable :p

- Alex

We are looking at your third wish :) after all in all the best stories you get 3!