Update to Version 2.220 Discussion Thread

DeletedUser43023

No pity for those of you who are put out because you were playing the game in a way that was never intended and now you find yourself punished for your bad behavior.

DeletedUser56567

Lovely to see all the Golders celebrating, ofc u are it benefits you all so much. Especially your corrupt mod, within your alliance on 128. LMD's brought balance and helped out the alliances that don't spend as much. It's way too sudden for you to just change the rules right now, perhaps on later worlds where we know what we are getting into. You pick the settings, stick to them. For everyone saying this is the best news out there, well I would like to see either your Paypal balance/recent transactions, from cards etc. Let's see how much it really costs to win a world, can guarantee a good 40% of DV members on 128 are using 20k + gold. As stated before, LMD's were used to counteract the use of gold and help out the smaller alliances, if you are going to take out morale, take it away from the small cities but keep it for sieges. How many times have my harps died to 1 sword and Andromeda.

No mod should be allowed to play, especially when they have old botters in the ally, known fact u guys have way too many privileges. You want old players to come back? Make a world that is non-profit, allowing people old and new to join a world and fight it out without the use of gold/LMD's. Learning the basic skills it takes to become good at the game. Will never happen but when was the last time u did something good for the community? 2012?

NutsNBoltz

Strategos
I gotta say @Baudin Toolan @Hydna . The community is impressed. I don't need to play CQ to know how broken LMDs are, I know enough people who do play it who tell me the horrors of it. You may upset a handful of players, but you bring smiles to the face of the 9 for every 1 who frowns.

Thank you for truly bringing joy to the community and getting us engaged, would love to see BP boosting removed as well. Also, I hear there's a new app coming out? would highly recommend prepping to pour some money into advertising once the app is reworked, could get a ton of people back into the game.

No More Heroes

Hekatontarch
at long last the scourge of the LMD is no more. a little bit late with this update but it is most welcome.
Now fix the app alarm please.

OutOfCharacters

Phrourach
Both @Shuri2060 and @Buzz Kill make great points here. I hated morale when it was introduced, because I liked being the biggest bully, lol. Play hard from the start and let those who put less time in lose their cities. BUT, that was a time before insta-buy and event candy. What is lost here is the culmination of all changes. "LMD abuse" counters "gold abuse", and the two go hand in hand.

Non-morale CQ worlds-- everyone who plays these now, knows they need to be big golders to have a chance to win. I'll play these, I'm not saying it's awful, I like gold too, but smaller teams or non-golders simply cannot compete, and it's not fun for them.

Morale CQ worlds-- the only tool to combat players who will sit on isle and gold out successive slinger nukes to kill your siege, is the LMD. Removing morale on sieges without removing insta-buy features both in game and in events, renders morale CQ useless, so it becomes identical to non-morale worlds, where winning is through the biggest pockets. Okay, maybe best skill among the biggest pockets... but isn't that what non-morale is for?

A better move would be to remove the morale feature altogether, and just have no morale worlds. Pretending to retain morale for smaller player growth when it just costs a little more cash to eat them up, and they can't siege anyone... is silly. And doing it mid-world, when players joined as LMDs and made loads of decisions to prep for that, completely negates their entire investment in the world, along with team strategy. Everyone who signed up for the current worlds did it knowing the settings-- those worlds should play out as is. Massive strategic changes should occur at the start, like in Neapolis where they voted in the first couple of days.

DeletedUser56567

Both @Shuri2060 and @Buzz Kill make great points here. I hated morale when it was introduced, because I liked being the biggest bully, lol. Play hard from the start and let those who put less time in lose their cities. BUT, that was a time before insta-buy and event candy. What is lost here is the culmination of all changes. "LMD abuse" counters "gold abuse", and the two go hand in hand.

Non-morale CQ worlds-- everyone who plays these now, knows they need to be big golders to have a chance to win. I'll play these, I'm not saying it's awful, I like gold too, but smaller teams or non-golders simply cannot compete, and it's not fun for them.

Morale CQ worlds-- the only tool to combat players who will sit on isle and gold out successive slinger nukes to kill your siege, is the LMD. Removing morale on sieges without removing insta-buy features both in game and in events, renders morale CQ useless, so it becomes identical to non-morale worlds, where winning is through the biggest pockets. Okay, maybe best skill among the biggest pockets... but isn't that what non-morale is for?

A better move would be to remove the morale feature altogether, and just have no morale worlds. Pretending to retain morale for smaller player growth when it just costs a little more cash to eat them up, and they can't siege anyone... is silly. And doing it mid-world, when players joined as LMDs and made loads of decisions to prep for that, completely negates their entire investment in the world, along with team strategy. Everyone who signed up for the current worlds did it knowing the settings-- those worlds should play out as is. Massive strategic changes should occur at the start, like in Neapolis where they voted in the first couple of days.
I only agree with the "we signed up for the current worlds did it knowing the settings-- those worlds should play out as is.", however, to stop golders, LMD's are used. Can't gold lock anymore or you'll get reported for spam knowing our luck. There's no other way in which golders can be stopped, therefore it has to stay. Triad will be legit carried through this world on Billy's back due to his amount of spending, given the full morale on top of it, he'll just sore ahead. Same with a few other heavy golders, but Billy is the example that comes to mind. I don't want to have to sit there for 12 hrs along with my alliance members having to gold lock a player because one of his or allies city is in siege.

OutOfCharacters

Phrourach
I only agree with the "we signed up for the current worlds did it knowing the settings-- those worlds should play out as is.", however, to stop golders, LMD's are used. Can't gold lock anymore or you'll get reported for spam knowing our luck. There's no other way in which golders can be stopped, therefore it has to stay. Triad will be legit carried through this world on Billy's back due to his amount of spending, given the full morale on top of it, he'll just sore ahead. Same with a few other heavy golders, but Billy is the example that comes to mind. I don't want to have to sit there for 12 hrs along with my alliance members having to gold lock a player because one of his or allies city is in siege.
This is a fascinating point, because I've been a fan of the efforts eliminating the spam-- Neapolis was ridiculous-- though I mean the kind that's just meant to drive people crazy, and we all know who those people are. And with LMDs gone, I find myself supporting the use of spam here, which is shocking me hahaha... but it's with a purpose in mind to preserve a siege, based on unbalanced game mechanics. So if this type of spam is banned, plus elimination of LMD, you are right, there's no point if you aren't here to buy wins, but want to play a game requiring skill.

I have to go laugh at myself now, because I never imagined writing a post supporting spam lol.

DeletedUser21560

Lovely to see all the Golders celebrating, ofc u are it benefits you all so much. Especially your corrupt mod, within your alliance on 128. LMD's brought balance and helped out the alliances that don't spend as much. It's way too sudden for you to just change the rules right now, perhaps on later worlds where we know what we are getting into. You pick the settings, stick to them. For everyone saying this is the best news out there, well I would like to see either your Paypal balance/recent transactions, from cards etc. Let's see how much it really costs to win a world, can guarantee a good 40% of DV members on 128 are using 20k + gold. As stated before, LMD's were used to counteract the use of gold and help out the smaller alliances, if you are going to take out morale, take it away from the small cities but keep it for sieges. How many times have my harps died to 1 sword and Andromeda.

No mod should be allowed to play, especially when they have old botters in the ally, known fact u guys have way too many privileges. You want old players to come back? Make a world that is non-profit, allowing people old and new to join a world and fight it out without the use of gold/LMD's. Learning the basic skills it takes to become good at the game. Will never happen but when was the last time u did something good for the community? 2012?

Thats a whole lot of crying you are doing there. Get a grip man

When we played Gortyn there were 15 LMDs constantly trying to siege our cities from multiple flanks for months, this forced us to use 50.000+ of the alliances birs on securing cities from LMDs. Thats not what the function exists for, the function exists to help make sure newer players can get a hang of the game before they get eaten by someone 10 times their size.

The morale function has been abused for such a long time that it almost became normal. Its a specialized role that can take both alot of time and gold, just like any other role played on grepo. Eventho its an obvious abuse of the way its supposed to function, its become the necessary evil to fight back against other LMDs. Now theres no longer a need for that.

This sudden change is NOT fair to those players who have taken the role of LMD, as they have sacrificed a great lot to be the best at their role. But this is definately the right direction for Grepolis and i believe letting the abuse go on eventho there is a fix for it wouldnt be fair for the rest of the players on the server.

Removing the morale abuse benefits us golders loads. Not in saved gold, but in sleep time. Stress free time. Just as it benefits any other player on the server. Causing others to not be able to sleep due to a constant threat of a LMD siegeing your city is not what LMD was intended for.

This corrupt mod that you are speaking of is playing with me and she is definately not corrupt. She has always been fair, even as an enemy. I thought i was hated, until i met her. Through all the years ive been playing, i have never been spammed by a bot daily - Now i can say that i have. Thanks for that

For someone to be that hated, must mean the person is doing the right thing :D

Each server we play, we have to listen to this "buying our victory crap". Especially from sucky enemies who most definately spend gold themselfes. They just suck so much, the spent gold does not mount up to the lacking of a good strategy.

Anyone can look at the map and see why you would never win temples, even with infinite gold. Instead of preparing yourself and leading your team, you resort to crying foul play on here. Maybe if you spend more time working on your temple strategy and more time leading your alliance correctly, your members wouldnt leave you. From what i have heard, you are a big fan of unfair and snakeish gameplay. Who are you to talk about corruption.

Ofcourse mods should be allowed to play servers they dont moderate, you want a mod that is out of touch with the game?

While you ran your mouth all over Therma externals, bullying people into ghosting and acting a fool, we have been bettering ourselves ingame. Now you are so far behind, your in a tough spot - All that boasting on externals, what you gonna do now?

Gold or no gold, you will be outplayed anyday, either way. I can guarantee you that

More action, less Crying.

Good job with the latest changes INNO. Keep it up :cool:

Shuri2060

Strategos
Can we stop derailing pls...

As far as we've seen from previous threads the majority are in the favour of removing siege morale.

Yes, this favours heavy golders more, but whether or not that is beneficial for the game is a subjective opinion - the community would be split on this, for obvious reasons. No need to get so wound up on other people's opinions. Personally, I feel the trade off of removing siege morale in return for increasing the F2P and P2W gap is worth it. There are other ways that gap can be balanced if it is deemed to be an issue.

As I said in my first post, the main issue for me (and I expect many others) is the major rule change for existing worlds with such short notice. I would liken it to suddenly announcing a speed change or CQ <-> Revolt change partway through the world. This would cause major strategic disruption and I don't see this as a good thing in any way.

Considering how morale CQ has been around for years, I don't see reason to rush going about this - we're not patching some new feature that turns out to be broken here. Making all new CQ worlds non-morale until all current morale CQ worlds close and then implementing the change makes much more sense to me. This is different from a relatively minor change (eg. gods in spies) or a change to Temple mechanics (as the gamemode is new).

Last edited:

Raydium88

Strategos
This corrupt mod that you are speaking of is playing with me and she is definately not corrupt. She has always been fair, even as an enemy. I thought i was hated, until i met her. Through all the years ive been playing, i have never been spammed by a bot daily - Now i can say that i have. Thanks for that

For someone to be that hated, must mean the person is doing the right thing :D

Ofcourse mods should be allowed to play servers they dont moderate, you want a mod that is out of touch with the game?

^ This...

Sometimes I feel this community does NOT honestly deserve someone like her. Like her or not, she is here to do her job, help you whenever she can, and bring forth community requests that have been neglected for a decade. Is a shame the appreciation is not often reciprocal... but I guess that's the way the cookie crumbles, when players are quick to make associations on rumours and confirmation bias.

About abolishing morale on sieges... I wholesomely sympathize and feel for those who have spent of their time and money to invest on this role, as of present. A role which actually relies a lot on activity, skill and commitment, despite what most players may think. Much like for OOC, a role which I have suggested and am perhaps guilty of hypocrisy in doing so.

But like Nutz said, you do not need to be a CQ player to appreciate how overpowering and broken it can be. It is essentially weaponizing experienced players, above helping new ones. The frustration is definitely highlighted for any player who has played morale-CQ before. Having to deal with flanks of 15 LMDs hitting your ally trips 24/7, and feeling beyond utterly and pathetically powerless to help them, is NOT an enjoyable experience... Knowing that's in the past is a massive relief, and honestly makes me wanna spend more time ingame. Thank you @Hydna and @Baudin Toolan and Inno, on yet another massive improvement to the game.

Lethal-Bacon

Polemarch
What i find most amusing out of all of this and new updates/fixes in general is to see @Shuri2060 and @Buzz Kill moan about some abuses and bad parts of the game for months, even years when it does not suit them(enemies do it) and when inno finally decides not to play table soccer during their breaks for a day or 2 and sit down to fix some major issues and finally do it, you can see both of them again moaning about "update coming on short notice" , "old worlds should not be included" or simply "its not fair", i dont give a crap, we all knew for years everything wrong with this game and cant you just shut up and appreciate this magic, even with game dying year by year they are fixing **** for you with very very limited dev team while shipping over majority of devs to newer games or upcoming ones.

1saaa

Strategos
I spent about half an hour digging up the perfect meme for this thread and now the topic has moved on :confused:

I do have a genuine question though. A lot of people are saying that LMD's were the grand equaliser against golders. So, what prevents golden pre-mades from using LMD's as well?

DeletedUser41523

Lovely to see all the Golders celebrating, ofc u are it benefits you all so much. Especially your corrupt mod, within your alliance on 128. LMD's brought balance and helped out the alliances that don't spend as much.

I fail to see how this will directly benefit Hydna's team in a meaningful way. Its not like they suddenly become unbeatable without LMDs, we posted a winning record on them in Teos and I'm sure other teams can as well. They also heavily outspent us on that world. Honestly I like the changes, I was pretty doom and gloom about Hydna's promotion to COMA but its been the complete opposite of my expectations. EN Grep actually looks appealing again and I feel optimistic about the direction of the game for the first time in probably three years.

Its actually at a point where I really do hope that they start trying to get new and old players into the game because its a solid game that's worth playing again and personally I'd love the size of worlds to increase so I can help newer players learn the game again.

Lethal-Bacon

Polemarch
So, what prevents golden pre-mades from using LMD's as well?

this upcoming update does LOL

but more serious answer would be this... in years and years in most cases while stalking worlds and stats of some morale worlds i didnt play in last 3-4 years, usually all alliances in top 1 trough 10 used loads of LMD's and im not talking about 1 or 2... way more than that, and in most cases no.1 team had most LMD's to combat all fronts they had and supply a lot more LMD sieges with with all those golder firepower.

P.S. exactly what Dan sad above, this update does not help her team or any other top conquest team that are used to playing no morale conquests and dont really use LMD's, it always has been possible to siege top ranking alliances even if they spend crapload, its all about your organization and def capacity.

1saaa

Strategos
this upcoming update does LOL

but more serious answer would be this... in years and years in most cases while stalking worlds and stats of some morale worlds i didnt play in last 3-4 years, usually all alliances in top 1 trough 10 used loads of LMD's and im not talking about 1 or 2... way more than that, and in most cases no.1 team had most LMD's to combat all fronts they had and supply a lot more LMD sieges with with all those golder firepower.

P.S. exactly what Dan sad above, this update does not help her team or any other top conquest team that are used to playing no morale conquests and dont really use LMD's, it always has been possible to siege top ranking alliances even if they spend crapload, its all about your organization and def capacity.
Nothing...

This is what I was thinking as well. But, I don't know conquest very well so I thought I could be missing something obvious