Update to Version 2.236 Discussion Thread

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
On Wednesday the game will be updated to version 2.236. lease post any questions or feedback about the update in this thread.

Changelog 2.236

Dear Community,

On Wednesday April 14th Grepolis will be updated to version 2.236. As always there will be a short downtime while the update is applied.

New Features and Changes

With this update, we're introducing a new tier of 'loyalty' rewards for players who have been playing for 10 years. But we also wanted to make it a little special! We wanted to make it so our most loyal players can show off their time and experience here in Grepolis to other players. So, our artists have worked hard to add City Skins, as a new way to customize your account on Grepolis!

10thAnniversarySkin.png
To set a City Skin, click on any of your cities from the map, and go to the City Skins tab. You'll notice the default skin is currently selected, and you can select any you've unlocked already. The city skin will then be applied to all of your cities on the map, and all other players can admire your success when viewing your cities on the map! And that's not all, we'll also be adding unique skins for winners of the different endgames in the coming weeks. When the update to 2.236 is applied, only the default skin will be available to select.

The anniversary rewards will become available during the day on Tuesday April 20th. Players who have had their 10th anniversary pass already will of course receive it, much like when we first implemented the loyalty rewards. Once released, along with the city skin, these players will also receive:
  • 10 x Divine Battle Strategy Epic level 10
  • 4 x Loyalty Resource Boost
  • 3 x The Great Arming
Bugfixes

• Charitable Festival wasn't reducing the BP cost based on some running spells. Now all eligible spells will be used to calculate the reduction.
  • The Hero recruitment window will now visually refresh without having to close and reopen the app
  • The value of resources won via a bandit camp show again in the Bandit Camp window itself.
  • The Grepolisscore awards images for leveling Mihalis have been added to Grepolisscore.
  • Sharing images (via forums, messages etc.) with unsecure (http) URLs will now result in an error being printed instead of the image simply not being shown. Only secure https image URLs are supported. This has been changed because some browsers stopped supporting hotlinking images from http sources, which meant some players could see the images where others couldn't!
  • The description for Ares Sacrifice has been adjusted to clarify that the spell works only on non-mythical land units.
* Found on beta, did not occur on live worlds.

gpcl-line.png

We hope you enjoy the update and would love to hear any feedback you have here.

Best regards,
Your Grepolis Team

footer.png

Lethal-Bacon

Polemarch
now imagine if that was a ladon nuke with spartakois KEK

p.s. 500 spartakois are much stronger than 90 griffs, pairing them with ranged type myth(ladons) deals more overall damage.

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
The skins based on the winning of the various endgames have not been released as of yet which is why they remain locked. They will go out in the future once they are finished.

Lethal-Bacon

Polemarch
The skins based on the winning of the various endgames have not been released as of yet which is why they remain locked. They will go out in the future once they are finished.

i understand that skins for domination and olympus are not made yet, but world wonders skin is visible and in the city skin window, however players that have won dont have it either? so do they need to win it again or will it be gifted to everyone who has a world wonders win in the past.

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
As it says in the changelog; " And that's not all, we'll also be adding unique skins for winners of the different endgames in the coming weeks. When the update to 2.236 is applied, only the default skin will be available to select. When the update to 2.236 is applied, only the default skin will be available to select. " The city skins for the game mode wins aren't available just yet but will be going out in the coming weeks to those with a win on the various endgames.

Myrddin Emyrs

Phrourach
With the skins I created my account and is over 10 yrs ago but I can't get the ten year royalty is their other conditions that are supposed to be met

Myrddin Emyrs

Phrourach
Ah just seen them their and was like oh that's nice let's try it only for it to be locked was like aawwww lol ah well wait till 29th then

Darth Akula

Lochagos
The 10 year anniversary skins haven't gone out yet but will around the 20th as it says in the changelog.

Sent in a support ticket regarding the skins and rewards - I've been playing over 10 years but my account has not. Like Shuri, every time you guys do loyalty award/rewards, I tend to miss them because my accounts have never been active for 10 years - just me the player/person. It'd be nice to get some love as well <3

Darth Akula

Lochagos
Sent in a support ticket regarding the skins and rewards - I've been playing over 10 years but my account has not. Like Shuri, every time you guys do loyalty award/rewards, I tend to miss them because my accounts have never been active for 10 years - just me the player/person. It'd be nice to get some love as well <3

Got a response: Resounding no :(

We get no love guys. Gotta have A account 10+ years active. Same for any other perks :'(

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
Yes, to get any of the anniversary award the account needs to be 1,2,5,8,10 years depending on the anniversary in question. We don't have a way to grant them based on a combined total age across a series of accounts. As for the city size I will certainly let our developers know that the new city skin is a bit smaller than the default one.

Darth Akula

Lochagos
Yes, to get any of the anniversary award the account needs to be 1,2,5,8,10 years depending on the anniversary in question. We don't have a way to grant them based on a combined total age across a series of accounts. As for the city size I will certainly let our developers know that the new city skin is a bit smaller than the default one.

Just a curious question - I thought you guys could perma-ban and general ban people based on thier IP/MAC addresses? I could've swore this was a thing years ago - would that not be the same way those rewards could be given? Or am I crazy?

You can mail me BT if you feel it's necessary

Anyways, time to have this account sit pretty I suppose lol

Edit: I have an account US side that's around 5 years old I believe - but never got any perks to my knowledge/remembrance... Shhouuullllddddd that not have gotten something? Or could you find out if I did and maybe I'm just old and crazy? lol :p

Shuri2060

Strategos
Just a curious question - I thought you guys could perma-ban and general ban people based on thier IP/MAC addresses? I could've swore this was a thing years ago - would that not be the same way those rewards could be given? Or am I crazy?

You can mail me BT if you feel it's necessary

Anyways, time to have this account sit pretty I suppose lol

Edit: I have an account US side that's around 5 years old I believe - but never got any perks to my knowledge/remembrance... Shhouuullllddddd that not have gotten something? Or could you find out if I did and maybe I'm just old and crazy? lol :p
In those 5/10 yrs, ppl easily could have had multiple addresses, and maybe their records won't be that old

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
We can't keep certain information forever so we have no way of proving if a player who writes in and says these 3 accounts whose total ages make 5/8/10 years etc were solely played by them and aren't someone else's account. This is why the awards are based solely on a single account's age, it's really the only way we can do it. I also can't see anything about an account on a different server to say if it should have received an award but currently if a player is not actively playing around when their anniversary comes up they won't receive the award.