On Wednesday April 14th Grepolis will be updated to version 2.236. As always there will be a short downtime while the update is applied.
New Features and Changes
With this update, we're introducing a new tier of 'loyalty' rewards for players who have been playing for 10 years. But we also wanted to make it a little special! We wanted to make it so our most loyal players can show off their time and experience here in Grepolis to other players. So, our artists have worked hard to add City Skins, as a new way to customize your account on Grepolis!
To set a City Skin, click on any of your cities from the map, and go to the City Skins tab. You'll notice the default skin is currently selected, and you can select any you've unlocked already. The city skin will then be applied to all of your cities on the map, and all other players can admire your success when viewing your cities on the map! And that's not all, we'll also be adding unique skins for winners of the different endgames in the coming weeks. When the update to 2.236 is applied, only the default skin will be available to select.
The anniversary rewards will become available during the day on Tuesday April 20th. Players who have had their 10th anniversary pass already will of course receive it, much like when we first implemented the loyalty rewards. Once released, along with the city skin, these players will also receive:
- 10 x Divine Battle Strategy Epic level 10
- 4 x Loyalty Resource Boost
- 3 x The Great Arming
- Charitable Festival wasn't reducing the BP cost based on some running spells. Now all eligible spells will be used to calculate the reduction.
- The Hero recruitment window will now visually refresh without having to close and reopen the app
- The value of resources won via a bandit camp show again in the Bandit Camp window itself.
- The Grepolisscore awards images for leveling Mihalis have been added to Grepolisscore.
- Sharing images (via forums, messages etc.) with unsecure (http) URLs will now result in an error being printed instead of the image simply not being shown. Only secure https image URLs are supported. This has been changed because some browsers stopped supporting hotlinking images from http sources, which meant some players could see the images where others couldn't!
- The description for Ares Sacrifice has been adjusted to clarify that the spell works only on non-mythical land units.
We hope you enjoy the update and would love to hear any feedback you have here.
Your Grepolis Team