Update to Version 2.243 Discussion Thread

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
On Wednesday Grepolis will be updated to version 2.243. This update includes the rebalance for Ares. Please share any questions or feedback about the update in this thread.

Changelog 2.243

Dear Community,

On Wednesday July 21st Grepolis will be updated to version 2.243. As always there will be a short downtime while the update is applied.

Summary

With this update, we have made several balancing changes to Ares. For a full and detailed explanation of the design changes, please check out our DevBlog article on the topic (English only). Below is a summary of the changes.

Rebalancing

• We've rebalanced Ladons. Below you can find the old vs new statistics.
OldNew
CostCost
Wood: 21,000
Stone: 21,500
Silver: 20,500
Favor: 490
Population: 180
Build time: 25 hours, 20 minutes (speed 1)
Wood: 9,240
Stone: 9,460
Silver: 9,020
Favor: 490
Population: 85
Build time: 11 hours, 18 minutes (speed 1)
StatsStats
Attack (Sharp): 2530-6325
Defense (Blunt): 2390
Defense (Sharp): 1950
Defense (Ranged): 2100
Speed: 100
Loot: 2200
Attack (Sharp): 1195-2988
Defense (Blunt): 478
Defense (Sharp): 390
Defense (Ranged): 420
Speed: 40
Loot: 1000
PassivePassive
Attacking targets with higher population than the
combined population of all Ladons ,
increases all Ladon’s offensive power in this attack.
For every 10 population difference,
Ladon’s offensive power increase by 30% (up to 150%).
Additionally, all other units in this attack gain 1%
attack power per Ladon (up to 10%; this does not stack with
Ladon’s offensive power increase).
Attacking targets with higher population than the
combined population of all Ladons ,
increases all Ladon’s offensive power in this attack.
For every 3000 population difference,
Ladon’s offensive power increase by 6% (up to 150%).
Additionally, all other units in this attack gain 1%
attack power per Ladon (up to 10%; this does not stack with
Ladon’s offensive power increase and does not apply to ghost units).

• We've made changes to Ares Sacrifice and Ares Army:
SpellOld descriptionNew description
ares_1.png

Ares Sacrifice
Sacrifice up to 100 population's worth of non-mythical units you own in this city and gain 2 Fury for every 1 population sacrificed.
Costs: 100 Favor
Sacrifice up to 50 population's worth of non-mythical units you own in this city and gain 2 Fury for every 1 population sacrificed.
Costs: 100 Favor
ares_2.png
Ares Army
Consumes the entire fury pool. For every 10 points of Fury consumed this way (rounded down), add one Spartoi to the offensive command.
Costs: 380 Favor + 100% of current Fury
Consumes the entire fury pool. For every 25 points of Fury consumed this way (rounded down), add one Spartoi to the offensive command.
Costs: 380 Favor + 100% of current Fury

• Lastly, we've made some adjustments to Bloodlust
SpellOld descriptionNew description
ares_3.png

Bloodlust
Improve offensive ability of all attacking units by 5% + 1% for every 200 Fury available. Additionally, 50% of your dead unit's population return to you as Fury once the battle has ended.

Costs:
100 Favor + 50% of current Fury

Improve offensive ability of all attacking units by 5% + 1% for every 200 Fury available. Additionally, the battle points for this attack are increased by 1% for every 1000 Fury available.

Costs: 100 Favor + 50% of current Fury
Bugfixes

• Both Spartoi's and Ladons are now available fully in the recruitment overview window.
  • Helmet of Invisibility will now give a clear message when trying to be cast on a command after more than 10% of the trip time has passed.
  • The Trade and Spell buttons will no longer show for Ghost towns accessed from the Island Info screen.
* Found on beta, did not occur on live worlds.

gpcl-line.png

We hope you enjoy the update and would love to hear any feedback you have here.

Best regards,
Your Grepolis Team

footer.png

Rachel.L

Phrourach
i think you could have let them be powerful without being overwhelming
this wasn't a rebalance of ladons and ares but a gutting

Lethal-Bacon

Polemarch
i think you could have let them be powerful without being overwhelming
this wasn't a rebalance of ladons and ares but a gutting

as someone who played conquest a lot they needed a gutting rather than balancing, ladons on their own are okay, they are fast so what, conquest is already based on whether you land a siege on offline or online player, however the combination of ladon nuke and crapload of spartakoi's in same attack is what was the issue.

harcsabajusz

Peltast
Well this is a joke. The ladon nerf is okay, but as someone who prefers to play only with ships(obviously if i am in a need of land units i will make them, but otherwise all my cities are focused on ships) being able to use the sparton boys was a BIG help. Ships get literally 0 focus in almost every event, on top of that breaking a siege with flying units is way easier(yeah there is an argument that flyier units cost more, but come on, we all know alliences are traiding thoose well needed points between themselves). In my humble opinion only the extra attack should've been removed from the bloodlust, but we cant have nice things i guess.

Its so funny how i play in a very offensive playerbase and nobody had any problems with ladons or the 500 spartos units, its so funny how the big chunk of the playerbase prefers to sit on its units and literally cries when loses some of them. Doing their stupid festivals and playing safe. The biggest problem is that if somebody literally makes theathres in all of his cities and just dances all day all night he will outperform any fight based player. This was a great balance so that the people who keep the alliences moving forward was actually rewarded for their doings, but noo, because the butthurt noobs couldn't accept the fact that this game is a bit more complex than finishing kindergarten.

Pennaone

Phrourach
Is there a reason we weren't told about the 30% land unit buff being removed on 136 until after it happened?

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
We weren't sure if it was going to be possible given that in general we try to avoid editing the settings of a world (world speed, unit speed, world boosts, etc) while it is currently running to lessen the chances of bugs popping up. We didn't want to promise a removal only to find out it wouldn't be possible.

Pennaone

Phrourach
Alright. Honestly, a bit let-down, with Ares nerfed and the LU buff still active I think the CQ aspect of 136 would have been the most enjoyable in a while given how strong & easy flyer "breaks" have become in recent years.

Oh well.... Back to getting my DLU butt-jabbed by griffins I guess.

IRSDIVISION

Lochagos
the ladon was the best unit grepolis ever produced and was probly produced due to over supply of dlu in important sieges where there would be no hope in breaking the siege there was the ladon and now the ladon is completely dead so back to staring at overly dlu-ed and birred sieges. Did anyone think how am i gonna break a 500k dlu siege with 50k birs? The customer is always right but in this instance its a no. RIP ares. The only hope now is a really powerful ship that shoots torpedoes or something cause i will really be surprised if grepolis people revert ares to pre destroyed

alex378321

Hoplite
the ladon was the best unit grepolis ever produced and was probly produced due to over supply of dlu in important sieges where there would be no hope in breaking the siege there was the ladon and now the ladon is completely dead so back to staring at overly dlu-ed and birred sieges. Did anyone think how am i gonna break a 500k dlu siege with 50k birs? The customer is always right but in this instance its a no. RIP ares. The only hope now is a really powerful ship that shoots torpedoes or something cause i will really be surprised if grepolis people revert ares to pre destroyed
In most cases, you can prevent the 500k dlu siege by just using attack alarms...