Upsilon- A dying world?

Thrillology

Phrourach
I've noticed these forums (Upsilon) is like a Ghost Town degrading...
And the world Upsilon is too... My alliance struggles with getting bp, I don't as I am in a war and winning... but too many inactive players.
=l
Who else thinks this is sad? :(
It will go from:
(pop)(pop)(pop)(pop)(pop)(pop)(pop)(pop)(pop)(pop)
to
(pop)(pop)(pop)

DeletedUser

No replies

Goes to show just how much of a ghost town Upsilon is....

I too struggle with finding good targets to attack... lots of sim cities - beautiful but no, or few, troops.

Ah well, Chi is better lol

DeletedUser

Oh yes pls have them close the server so i can finally do something else than this :rolleyes:

DeletedUser

You don't have to do this Soppe. You can easily contribute with encouraging posts - you just don't want to. No one is forcing you to do anything here So if you don't want to, you don't have to.

Every world starts with a huge blaze and then settles - it's up to you guys in game to get some twists, debates and drama about. After all it's the human interaction within this game that brings excitement, is it not? Find someone you get along with, regardless of what alliance they are in, or finding some to follow - someone to put faith in....That's what makes the game IMO.

Upsilon will stay alive as long as there is people who play willing to keep it fun, and the same goes for the forums.

DeletedUser

I'm an alliance leader, can't quit unless rl gets in the way :rolleyes:

But yeah, this game just wasn't for me i guess. Too much gold bonus and then this ridiculous luck turning a sure win into a huge loss.

Thrillology

Phrourach
I am sad about this.
We need to encourage players to come to Upsilon :D
Clear the 175 pointers and trade them with fresh players that'll be active.
They shouldn't make more worlds, and just make Upsilon more popular.

DeletedUser

Or maybe you just need to have more people spicing it up - at the very least someone should go poke the zombies so there's a little action.

Thrillology

Phrourach
Attacking the weak cities that only have a few swordsmen?
I am tired of the same routine...
My alliance should betray a few members and start attacking them :p
Some of my allies are all the active players on their island and have nobody to attack at all without going out to see, so they really can't expand. I'm excited for the day I can conquer my enemy's city and end the war with him and move on :p

I used to poke the zombies, but they eventually lost their troops...
I can send one slinger to every "zombie" and get some resources or maybe horsemen, but I just launched an attack of 120 hoplites and 8 slingers. I may betray my ally because his city is better then Zack's who is war torn and he has a weak military (he focuses on economy).

We could always hold an even on Upsilon :D
Like make Upsilon a world with a "Lottery" for like resources... and a premium lotto for gold.

DeletedUser

I agree. There are rarely more than 2 active players on an island. The build up phase is way too slow, so typically younger players loose interest and move on. I reckon in a few weeks the place will be covered with ghost towns.

Oh yes - what is with the tedious farming routine. That's only fun for people with autistic traits.

Thrillology

Phrourach
Attacking the weak cities that only have a few swordsmen?
I am tired of the same routine...
My alliance should betray a few members and start attacking them :p
Some of my allies are all the active players on their island and have nobody to attack at all without going out to see, so they really can't expand. I'm excited for the day I can conquer my enemy's city and end the war with him and move on :p

I used to poke the zombies, but they eventually lost their troops...
I can send one slinger to every "zombie" and get some resources or maybe horsemen, but I just launched an attack of 120 hoplites and 8 slingers. I may betray my ally because his city is better then Zack's who is war torn and he has a weak military (he focuses on economy).

We could always hold an even on Upsilon :D
Like make Upsilon a world with a "Lottery" for like resources... and a premium lotto for gold.

Edit:
Also, I am tired of being the only one in the chat room. Alliance members used to go in there, but then started leaving when I wasn't on during the day and only on at night to demand resources...
So we should all go to the chat room... unless the chat room is only for alliance members of your alliance like in the 1.26 worlds.

DeletedUser

Pretty sure alliance chat is alliance exclusive.

I guess that is why a lot of alliances promote the use of Skype for inter alliance chat. There have been many world chats - although even they deteriorate. The Beta world alliance chat became someone insulting another person, then people saying lol. On repeat. 8 times a day.

It's all about the effort people put into things - and is does rely on a little co-operation between people.

DeletedUser

The in-game chat is one of the worst ever seen :S It's slow to update and there's really no features what so ever there.

Thrillology

Phrourach
Where is the in-game chat?
I thought that "chat" button was for the world and not just the alliance.
I did start my alliance right when I finished the tutorial. :p
Maybe there should (or if there is already one) a world chat that looks cool with colors... and different chat effects...

I agree. There are rarely more than 2 active players on an island. The build up phase is way too slow, so typically younger players loose interest and move on. I reckon in a few weeks the place will be covered with ghost towns.

Oh yes - what is with the tedious farming routine. That's only fun for people with autistic traits.

I looked up autistic and in that context it is creepy...
So in other words, severe loners? :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I have a suspicion that Summer Break might have something to do with quietness too... it's pretty much the same around this time in every single game I ever played.

DeletedUser18636

I have a suspicion that Summer Break might have something to do with quietness too... it's pretty much the same around this time in every single game I ever played.

Absolutely true...
Fall will bring some actions =)

DeletedUser19930

What do I know

Our Fathers, who art in America - asleep, blessed be thy name. FALL - American for Autumn in most other places.

Well I am just a beginner and I am happy with all these village's on my island that are 175 points. There is about 7 others that are over the starting points. I can stumble about - I created a revolt on my first day - without being cast into the sea, or whatever happens on this world.
If there is much fewer experienced players, why do you not lead the alliances yourselves? Practice leadership etc on this 'soft' world?:heh:

But I bow my head in reverence oh lords!

:heh::heh:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Maybe we could have stuff like personality of the month, or count to 1000 using images...

DeletedUser

I've put up a POTM, It's up to you guys to read and participate :p