Inactive Topic Using Myths in Island Quests

DeletedUser40768

Proposal: Being able to support and attack with mythical units and divine envoys for island quests.

Reason: Honestly it is a bit of an inconvenience that you can't use them for quests. It would allow you to get more resources when attacking quests, and would make quests doable when you have myth nukes.

Details: No real details in this idea, just be allowed to use myth units for island quests. Considering you can use them to conquer farming villages, I can't see why the island quests would be different. Also when quests attack you are able to have myth units in the city, so shouldn't the reverse also be acceptable.

Visual Aids:
grep0_zpsrfp6gg5e.jpg

So yeah basically this with the myth icons also in the row for whatever god that you have.

Balance/Abuse Prevention: I don't see anything that makes this unbalanced. As it is you don't lose a lot of troops on island quests, implementing this just allows people to continue using quests longer into a world.

Th-th-th-that's all folks! Anyway let me know what you guys think about this :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser49197

Great idea! I agree, once you get later into games you build nukes of myth units and naval units, but myth ones should be able to attack island quests.

DeletedUser

I think it would help if we know why they aren't allowed to attack quests. Is there even a reason?

DeletedUser40768

I think it would help if we know why they aren't allowed to attack quests. Is there even a reason?

Not sure why we can't attack them with myths. Who knows what goes through the devs minds when they come up with ideas :D

DeletedUser49358

At first I thought it might be due to free resource abuse since island quests like these offer unlimited resources to as much as your attacking force can carry, but the most efficient resource carrying myth is Medusa at 400 carry capacity to 18 population 400/18 = 22.2 but that's even less than horesman at 72 carry capacity and 3 pop 72/3 = 24 which are allowed.

So yeah, I'm not sure why myths aren't allowed to attack and complete island quests and unless a reason is given as to why I see no reason to not give this a thumbs up.

P.S. would +rep but currently can't

DeletedUser49358

Could be that it just doesn't show up if don't have any mythical units as the game would want to list every possible mythical unit, so when you get a myth unit in you city it knows which god you are worshiping in that city and what myth units that city can use.

DeletedUser40768

Well the screenshot I have is from a city that has myth units, and all my cities have had myth units and the quest won't let me send them. Hmm wouldn't it be funny if it only showed up when you had no myth units you could send :Angry:

DeletedUser12512

I'm pretty sure we use to be able to take over farms with envoys in the past, im thinking ive done it before so they may have changed this. It was a valid option to build envoys at the start to take over farms faster and get a small but important jump on an active island

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Totally agree, should be allowed to use them. Should be a part of a push to use mythical units more in the game.

DeletedUser42044

As for the screenshots, it looks as though Joseph Nieves had to support with his units while Flameinducer had to attack to complete the quest.

So my guess is that you CAN attack with myths but you can't support with them