V 2.0 - So ?

DeletedUser

Thought it was quite a development as there was talk it would come, then it would not and now a vote if it is wanted. Just wondering what people think about it all and do you think the present movement within many alliances is due to the potential of 2.0 coming ?

DeletedUser

Not interested or excited. This has been promised before. Alot of alliances went through the hassle of setting up wonder islands and the disappointment was severe.

DeletedUser

Not interested or excited. This has been promised before. Alot of alliances went through the hassle of setting up wonder islands and the disappointment was severe.

I do not believe it has been a promise, its a community vote, all Delta members will choose its future.

Many spent time and resorces making the "Wonder Islands" but from what i have seen these became good power bases so were not really a waste ?

DeletedUser3288

I do not believe it has been a promise, its a community vote, all Delta members will choose its future.

Many spent time and resorces making the "Wonder Islands" but from what i have seen these became good power bases so were not really a waste ?

I voted no.

DeletedUser

Any particular reason daniejam that you would like to share ?

DeletedUser

Why change worlds to 2.0???
If someone wants a 2.0 world they ll go to it
Obviously if they are not then we are trying to IGNORE it
2.0 should leave us alone!!!

DeletedUser

Well the developers of the game have realized that they made a big mistake roling out so many worlds and the older ones are starting to die off. If you read the help guys it said that most of these game the sever dies after 7 yrs, well I dont see that happening in 7 yrs but within 1.5 -2yrs from now. SO they have realized there mistakes and Now are trying to correct that problem. Many people have left and are playing 2.0 worlds and dont care to come back. The world wonders will only help the simmers to stay around longer and help any alliance that just sims along. For the fighting alliances they will have a harder time to do this. I have tried the 2.0 and found it not to my taste.
If you ask me for my opinion I would say vote NO

DeletedUser

I personally don't want to upgrade. I've tried 2.0 and found it too fast and hard to operate. And there is the fact that I'm used to 1.0 and that alliances will be based on Wonder Islands....

DeletedUser5270

I voted yes but it looks like I am in the minority.

Personally I would have liked the extra God and the World Wonders but with keeping everything else the same. I think the new interface on Grepo 2 is rather naff and I am not interested in the new farming system as I haven't used the farming villages in well over a year.

DeletedUser3288

Any particular reason daniejam that you would like to share ?

Quite simply.

The world wonder structure favours large alliances over smaller alliances, forces people to join larger alliances if they want a World wonder which gives people an unfair advantage over others.

DeletedUser

I voted yes but it looks like I am in the minority.

Personally I would have liked the extra God and the World Wonders but with keeping everything else the same. I think the new interface on Grepo 2 is rather naff and I am not interested in the new farming system as I haven't used the farming villages in well over a year.

amen
+1

DeletedUser

Conquest or Revolt ?

Some very good constructive points raised, thank you, i now see the argument over alliance members which i had not considerd.

IF 2.0 is to come to Delta though, what must also be considerd is "World Rules"

Would Delta also have an option to vote on "Conquest" or "Revolt"

So those voting "YES" do you have any views on which you prefer ?

DeletedUser3288

Also, i'm sure i read somewhere that you can shorted barracks ques with gold on 2.0?

Not sure if i was dreaming, but if this was the case then obviously, moving to 2.0 would suck.

DeletedUser

Yes daniejam, i can confirm that IS an option for gold users.

DeletedUser3288

Yes daniejam, i can confirm that IS an option for gold users.

Then it's deffo a no from me.

Gold for buildings means nothing these days, but being able to cut a que in half would ruin the server.

DeletedUser4013

Some very good constructive points raised, thank you, i now see the argument over alliance members which i had not considerd.

IF 2.0 is to come to Delta though, what must also be considerd is "World Rules"

Would Delta also have an option to vote on "Conquest" or "Revolt"

So those voting "YES" do you have any views on which you prefer ?

The world settings would remain as they are. Only the 2.0 features would be brought in. So if Delta is a Conquest world, you would stay conquest.

Also, i'm sure i read somewhere that you can shorted barracks ques with gold on 2.0?

Not sure if i was dreaming, but if this was the case then obviously, moving to 2.0 would suck.

This feature is only available in those 2.0 Worlds which started from Psi onwards. It will not be ported into any world which was pre-existing.

DeletedUser

Improvement ?

Taking into account that it WILL remain Conquest and the "gold" option for faster unit builds is NOT available i remain in the view that this is a good move and hopefully one the community will embrase.

OK, so alliances will be building "Wonders" but i fail to see why battles would be reduced and it became a world for simmers only ? Would the task of alliances not be to prevent others building them ?

After all, many reserve bragging rights to great victorys and great battle points, well the easy way to be up in the best of the best will be making it into a "Hero World" again a concept i like very much, months/years of battle between harbs, EotD, TBH, DoA etc going to a "Hero World" may, just may see them all joining in peace to attack great alliances from other worlds within the community. (If i have understood "Hero World" Criteria correctly)

I think the long term goal of the game and the concepts introduced are great thinking from those developers and very good listening as from what i read in places, they are listening to YOU the players which if you look at the competion out there, is NOT the norm.

I like the layout of 2.0 and i love the development concept and future of "Grepolis" Always like to embrace change so ofcourse voted YES.