Discussion Veterans...

DeletedUser

Heyy guys,

Just wondering what are the actual credentials required to be a veteran... Is it just a returning play or someone who has stuck with the game for a really long time?

Cheers,
Copy ^_*

DeletedUser27700

Don't listen to anyone who says they are better than you because they've been around longer.
People throw terms like that around way too much.

I suppose you could classify a veteran as someone who has been playing for a while.

DeletedUser18132

IMO it's someone who has played for at least 5-6 months. But everyone has different opinions.

DeletedUser

Don't listen to anyone who says they are better than you because they've been around longer.
People throw terms like that around way too much.

Don't worry, no one has claimed such a thing yet :p Besides i've been here for atleast 5 years...

IMO it's someone who has played for at least 5-6 months. But everyone has different opinions.

So your saying, in your opinion, experience doesn't matter? Such as a world-hopper who hasn't even been able to finish building a city let alone obtain a second one could still be a veteran?

Thanks for your responses ^_*

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser30636

I think if you've played for at least two or three years and have accomplished great things, such as winning a world, gotten above 30 cities and so on

DeletedUser345

I'd say a veteran is someone who played on the gen 1 worlds with success.

DeletedUser18132

So your saying, in your opinion, experience doesn't matter? Such as a world-hopper who hasn't even been able to finish building a city let alone obtain a second one could still be a veteran?

Thanks for your responses ^_*
Sorry I was so vague, it needs clarifying.

I mean played on a world for 5-6 months and has a few hundred thousand points or more.

DeletedUser

You're a vet if you're still here having played in one of the first gens... Good ol 1.26

Though, tbh, it is just a way for people who have been playing for a while to big themselves up. I would never say that i'm a vet :D If anything, you sound ridiculous.

I'm a grepolis veteran. Great. Congrats. Want a cookie?

DeletedUser

I'd say a veteran is someone who played on the gen 1 worlds with success.

^^ This. Preferably one of the first 10, but if im recruiting someone and they played any 1st gen worlds i will look them up, and do research on them more than a 2nd-3rd gen player.

Edit: Although being a first gen player DOES NOT mean mean you are a pro and the man.... I know a few nooby first gen players.

DeletedUser5554

I consider it anyone who has had past success and a good deal of experience in a certain field. Such as fighting (obviously), diplomacy, recruiting, leading, or even just the politics of the game. When you really look at it you'd need to recruit all of these types to succeed. But anyone who has proven to be successful is a veteran in my book.

Of course you'll always have people throwing the term around even if they aren't good. To put this in NFL terms, Rex Grossman is also a veteran. It doesn't mean anyone wants him.

DeletedUser14283

I agree with the terms above, i reckon if you are from the 1st Gen you are defo a Vet. Of course, you must of had some successes lol

Unfortunately tho, i believe a lot of the old first Gen left when there was the 2.0 update. There aren't many of us old timers left around :(

DeletedUser

Is there any way to get my first account back? I ended up forgetting the password to my email for that account and for the grepo account...

DeletedUser39847

I started on Delta...god rimmed after i took my third :D:D city but returned with this account and having some success..

But i have researched nearly everything there is to research in terms of strategy and game mechanics and have my own successful playing style...

What does that make me?? :)

DeletedUser345

I started on Delta...god rimmed after i took my third :D:D city but returned with this account and having some success..

But i have researched nearly everything there is to research in terms of strategy and game mechanics and have my own successful playing style...

What does that make me?? :)

A wise noob.

DeletedUser

A wise noob.

I would +rep, but I have to spread it around :D

I have been playing since Kappa, but I don't consider myself a vet. A vet is a vet only in their world. If they stay with the world from the beginning, and are good, they are a vet. To be a true Grepolis vet, you would have to have been in like the first 5 worlds, and have been active on the forums since Grepolis came out, and had some nice points in at least one of your worlds. You have to just have the feeling about you that you are good.
Many noobs are better than players that have been playing for years, because the game is constantly changing. WWs made 3rd or lower ranked alliances the "rulers of the world" when they are really just turtles. Noobs always have a new view on the game, and add their own touch, and sometimes with their noobish ideas, they take a chance and win it.

DeletedUser19042

according to your definition I'm a vet. Theta (en8) from beginning to end. :cool:
lol