Vinschat Manticores

DeletedUser

So, we've been logging the appearance of manticores used by Vinschat, he managed to build an amazing 53 manticores by the 5th of January. How did he do this? Well, that's what we are all asking ourselves. I mean, 53 manticores! That's 21465 favour on one god. In the first 23 days. That's over 1000 favour a day, over 40 favour an hour if you had it at that rate from the first minute (which of course you can't), there were no free manticores on the tree. If you take into account it being speed 2 and add in priestess and assume a 50% to favour CONSTANTLY from the first minute of the game it would still require a base production of 10 points. That would need 100 levels of temple. 4 level 25 temples from the start!! So being the curious sort I spied the second city he acquired. What level is it's temple?

It's level 6.

What the hell is going on here? How on earth did he do it? Discuss.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Possible, but would have to use all his favour on them, maybe with quest bonus

DeletedUser

Possible, but would have to use all his favour on them, maybe with quest bonus

That's not enough. Even with a 50% CONSTANT bonus from the first minute it would still have needed 4 level 25 Temples right from the kick off. As I said, I spied his SECOND city and it's a level 6 temple.

I'd just love to know how this was done!

DeletedUser

Well, I would also like to know, maybe with the well?

DeletedUser23986

did you consider daily login bonus, and tyches favor rewards?

DeletedUser

did you consider daily login bonus, and tyches favor rewards?

Daily bonus has not been included, however I have rounded down for the calculations to allow for it.

Tyches favour rewards (the ones where you got instant points) have not been included. Does anyone know how much there was? I am not aware of there being that much.

DeletedUser

there were a few that gave 300-400 favor, maybe 1 or 2 of them. and 5-10 of them that gave between 50 to 150 or so favor.

DeletedUser

there were a few that gave 300-400 favor, maybe 1 or 2 of them. and 5-10 of them that gave between 50 to 150 or so favor.

So a maximum of 2000 favour there. That would account for 4 of the 53 manticores. Lets remove that from the workings and it gives us 49 manticores at 405 favour each = 19845 favour needed from normal play. Over 23 days that's still 36 favour an hour. If you accept that such a high production level would be impossible for first couple of days then it's still pretty much 40 an hour.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Think outside the box. Phoenician merchant.

Hmm, good call. I guess you could just expel and recall the merchant constantly until you got a manticore then buy it and repeat. That would make it possible but darn expensive.

DeletedUser

Okay, so I'm guessing that's what he's done. Buying the manticores for 16200 silver each at the merchant.

Manticores explained.

Thanks Crazyhag12!

DeletedUser

Yep, as long as it is legit I don't care. Dude must have bank though cause the merchant doesn't always have a myth unit.

DeletedUser

Hmm, good call. I guess you could just expel and recall the merchant constantly until you got a manticore then buy it and repeat. That would make it possible but darn expensive.

expensive, but not too expensive if you were so minded.

DeletedUser

You can even get the silver for "free" from all the Phoenician merchant trips since he trades 2-1 and offers silver more often than not. So technically you can just buy any non-naval nuke with gold after building your harbour. Will cost an awful lot though.

DeletedUser

If you think someone is cheating, use the in-game support tools.
This forum is not the place to air such things.

Though, some spells from recent events have been myth-unit spells.
It is entirely possible this player used several of these as well.

DeletedUser30490

we were just discussing the possibility thomas:p
dont get all serious now

DeletedUser30023

So, we've been logging the appearance of manticores used by Vinschat, he managed to build an amazing 53 manticores by the 5th of January. How did he do this? Well, that's what we are all asking ourselves. I mean, 53 manticores! That's 21465 favour on one god. In the first 23 days. That's over 1000 favour a day, over 40 favour an hour if you had it at that rate from the first minute (which of course you can't), there were no free manticores on the tree. If you take into account it being speed 2 and add in priestess and assume a 50% to favour CONSTANTLY from the first minute of the game it would still require a base production of 10 points. That would need 100 levels of temple. 4 level 25 temples from the start!! So being the curious sort I spied the second city he acquired. What level is it's temple?

It's level 6.

What the hell is going on here? How on earth did he do it? Discuss.

Well my friend ,probably you dont play the game long enough and you dont now how to manage this ,did you ever check youre harbour ? ever heared of the harbour merchant ,somethimes you can buy mantics for silver and you can dismiss the merchant every time you want and recall him ,send all recources off all cities and farm every 5 minits and you will be able to build it in 24h .

regards

The master
Vinschat

DeletedUser

We just didnt think anyone would really spend that much on this game to do it...

..were just wondering how, that's all =)

DeletedUser

Well my friend ,probably you dont play the game long enough and you dont now how to manage this ,did you ever check youre harbour ? ever heared of the harbour merchant ,somethimes you can buy mantics for silver and you can dismiss the merchant every time you want and recall him ,send all recources off all cities and farm every 5 minits and you will be able to build it in 24h .

regards

The master
Vinschat

ok, let me do the math ... based on randomness you will get mantis ever 3-4 visit of merchant. More 4 than 3, but let's settle for three and half

53 x 3.5 = 186 ( visits of phoenician merchant). Coz 1st visit was for free = 185*50 gold = 9250 gold :) you seriously spent 40-50 quid on something, which will be dead the moment you hit 560 archers behind high enough walls? (face palm)

The mathematician
biikej