Vinschat Manticores

DeletedUser

...if I played 24hrs a day with unlimited gold solo id be rimed in a couple of days at best.

Not true and you know it. If you had unlimited gold, you could call the Phoenician merchant whenever you wanted. Since the merchant trades at a rate of 0.5:1, you could essentially double you resource supply instantly and never run out of resources. Also, with unlimited gold, you would have instant build times for everything. Ergo, with this reasoning, it would be possible to have a 10000 point city in one day... After that, you would have no competition as you would attack somebody with your 2000 FS army, conquer them, build that city in one day, and so on and so forth. You wouldn't be able to lose if you had 3-5 hours a day you could play.

DeletedUser37948

Not true and you know it. If you had unlimited gold, you could call the Phoenician merchant whenever you wanted. Since the merchant trades at a rate of 0.5:1, you could essentially double you resource supply instantly and never run out of resources. Also, with unlimited gold, you would have instant build times for everything. Ergo, with this reasoning, it would be possible to have a 10000 point city in one day... After that, you would have no competition as you would attack somebody with your 2000 FS army, conquer them, build that city in one day, and so on and so forth. You wouldn't be able to lose if you had 3-5 hours a day you could play.

lol very funny :) would not be nice if it was actualy possible to do that though

DeletedUser44027

Actually, I don't think that's true. When I used gold, I had to wait about an hour from the time i sent the merchant to resend it so it could change which resources it carried, otherwise it had the same stuff. Plus, the ratio decreases as you trade with him, like farming villages. Maybe a bug, but that's what happened for me

DeletedUser

The leaders of BE and GA are so so clever, they are fighting each other and letting noobs that will simply turtle later game grow, very clever. Why would you want your players to do mass noob killings, its not like that would give them lots of BP and allow them grow lot faster. Going out of your way to war with a alliance in another ocean makes perfect sense at this stage of the game.

DeletedUser

busting turtles is easy, if all you have to build is alu, cuz no one fights back.

DeletedUser32498

Well my friend ,probably you dont play the game long enough and you dont now how to manage this ,did you ever check youre harbour ? ever heared of the harbour merchant ,somethimes you can buy mantics for silver and you can dismiss the merchant every time you want and recall him ,send all recources off all cities and farm every 5 minits and you will be able to build it in 24h .

regards

The master
Vinschat

I realize Vinschat's response is from a few days back but just wanted to point a few things out. Madpugs is a pretty insane player man. Saw that guy play in Actium. He's been playing long enough. And btw why do people always just focus on mantinukes.?They are really expensive if you go the approach of vinschat's way.

DeletedUser

Who uses MORE Gold?

vinschat -
2r5g9s7.png

or

Madpugs -
29vnpuf.jpg

:D

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I think the main question here is where, why and how you spend your gold.

Also, it really doesnt happen often when two dominating alliances go against each other so early in the server, but at the same time this will keep everyone on their toes, no way no how will any inactive nub survive in any of the competing alliances and any weak spot will be used and abused to the max as I myself learnt just yesterday.
If not for anything else, the other alliances should be afraid of the moment when GA and BE should under some unforseen circumstances make a truce. I don't think anyone would want to face those that have survived and come out on top from that war.

DeletedUser

Chopper - history repeats itself
Actium was same. In the core SG and Clockmare went to trench war which lasted for 16 months with result -,CM merged with BE and SG lost WW race by couple hours (Lighthouse race)