Voices to be heard

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser8790

Hi All, I am still working hard on our mission, I have an idea for proposal to all theta players, How about a support ticket campaign from as many people as we can get?

The idea would be to have everyone we can issue a support ticket asking about 2.0 and or an end game scenario for theta, we will try to time it all on one day.

Not everyone reads this board so I would need volunteers from each alliance to send a mass mail, Let me know your thoughts good and bad are always appreciated!

DeletedUser

It's a good idea, hopefully it'll get those devs off their butts and implementing something ;)

Let me know if there's anything you need me to do.

DeletedUser

a concrete proposal could be made. i dont like 2.0 much because of terrible farming and some other reasons. has anyone got any idea how to end this world and declare winners?

DeletedUser

This is just a rough idea which I thought of.

Basically, as close to the centre of each ocean as possible with, let's just say a total of 6 million points, there could be a 20 city island in which 20 maxed out cities can be stacked with thousands of biremes, tens of thousands of land troops and millions of silver in the cave (possibly a new one if no islands are available). All of these cities belong to an inactive player (I think another world had one like this, but only one city).

To win, an alliance must have conquered EVERY city on seven of the islands. It will be very hard to do this as that's 80 cities so even if every city only had 1000 biremes (but it will be far more) that means that an alliance needs to kill 80,000 biremes + hundreds of thousands of land troops.

In some oceans alliances will easily be able to get them, e.g. AX in O66, however some oceans will be a fight to get, for example in O64 or O45. This will mean that wars will still continue as territory is important as you need 7 oceans under your belt.

The numbers are just what I was thinking, however they are completely open to discussion (obviously :))

Kas

DeletedUser

there is one thing which should be noted though. theta has a payer limit of 250 members in an alliance which means that if wonders are to be made, then mostly the alliances might merge together and form mighty alliances like AX, AcX, TL, TV together make (71+49+65+47) meaning 232 which means the alliance has got half of the world covered. similarly alliances like JW,JFL,NWO,LoL and TC which together makes(58+55+76+57 = 246 + TC members) merge up together and form another mighty alliance( i know TC has got more than 150 members but still this formation is possible because all the alliances have got inactives and many just wont want to continue to another world and therefore we could work out 250 members from both sides to form mighty alliances) and both the alliances will have so strong borders and so deep territories, that there is no way they could loose the cities. so the only target will be to accumulate the resources as much as possible which means that maybe city builders will be more useful in this stuff.lol

i dont like this ending.

DeletedUser8790

Again good ideas, There is no easy solution I see, All of these ideas have their problems

Summary:
1) Upgrade to 2.0
Pro's: There is an established way to win, New farming system, new god, upgraded features

Con's: New farming system, new god, upgraded features

2) Close the world and eliminate players, Zeus12321 idea to thin out numbers for a world domination scenario
Pro's: Get's us down to the nitty gritty players

Con's: Maybe to few players? Still have not establish what the "win" scenario is

3) Island Scenario as listed by Kas1
Pro's:, Can be used with 1.26 system, Easy to set up and implement, Easily defined "end game"

Con's: May be to hard to achieve?

Please add pro's and cons in comments and I will update this or add new ideas

DeletedUser

well, islands still expanding with new players on the end of the world.

NO island expanding,
Delete ghost town and Inactive players town. so, we will have good end fight..LOL

DeletedUser

3) Island Scenario as listed by Kas1
Pro's:, Can be used with 1.26 system, Easy to set up and implement, Easily defined "end game"

Con's: May be to hard to achieve?

If it's hard that's good, means it'll be a challenge and will last for months :)

DeletedUser

i on the contrary think that its way easier if we think about the islands thing.. the alliances will merge up and the island requirement can be easily dealt with..

DeletedUser8790

i on the contrary think that its way easier if we think about the islands thing.. the alliances will merge up and the island requirement can be easily dealt with..

I agree with ank, It is much more tangible, then "world domination, I do not think that could be acheived with a 250 alliance limit anyways

DeletedUser12404

i think zeus's idea is a good start to an end game idea. close the world to new players firstly and rid the world or inactives.
next, soon after the world is closed, maybe remove the possibility of founding new cities and remove ghosts. (or maybe just remove ghosts :p). thus, you have to fight to get cities. this will manage the population., then set a mark for victory. any alliance to control 90% of the world or eliminate/disband all other alliances win!
thoughts?

DeletedUser

I think that would be a great idea but it should also have something for the alliance to do when they win.
Maybe they go on to the hero world?
And the game also needs to include Hades.

DeletedUser

i think zeus's idea is a good start to an end game idea. close the world to new players firstly and rid the world or inactives.
next, soon after the world is closed, maybe remove the possibility of founding new cities and remove ghosts. (or maybe just remove ghosts :p). thus, you have to fight to get cities. this will manage the population., then set a mark for victory. any alliance to control 90% of the world or eliminate/disband all other alliances win!
thoughts?

i would never agree to remove the founding of cities. i personally like to take control of entire islands so i sometimes have to find new cities.. i dont see prob to that..

DeletedUser12404

I think that would be a great idea but it should also have something for the alliance to do when they win.
Maybe they go on to the hero world?
And the game also needs to include Hades.
yes. a hero/championship world where the top alliances in all 1.26 worlds do battle. also, top players who weren't in the winning alliance would be allowed to join. for example, JFL might not win, but zato has the highest ABP so he would be allowed to enter.

i would never agree to remove the founding of cities. i personally like to take control of entire islands so i sometimes have to find new cities.. i dont see prob to that..
well... in trying to get this game 'win' oriented by fighting for victory... which would mean using city slots to take opponents cities instead of founding. and also, players who are losing cities couldn't just colonize to prevent themselves from being rimmed.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Why end Theta at all?? Things are really heating up this is the best world in the game there are wars on every front! I think those that are bored should move on to a 2.0 world if that suits them. If one alliance can defeat all there enemies then they would be the winner any ways. Why make some island gimmick. I say let Theta be how it's always been!

DeletedUser14492

I like the idea of an end game... maybe I could finally get some of my life back away from Grepolis lol...

But I dont like the island idea. Perhaps closing the the world to new players could work some how, or removing ghost cities so the only way is to conquest or found...

Not sure about the winning criteria but I do like the idea of a hero/winners world for 1.26 alliances.

One thing I have to say catagorically... I HATE 2.0... in almost every way it is inferior to 1.26 in my humble opinion. So any move to bring that here I am against. But maybe they could bring over the world wonder idea for final victory etc???

Ev

DeletedUser

the endgame will come its just a matter of time. You guys should realize thought that for the 6 of you that posted in here wanting the end of the world to start that there are another 6 that want to keep playing.

The devs are working on a time table and mass spamming tickets wont help. Those tickets go to moderators and not the devs so is a pointless tact.

DeletedUser

Solution - Shut the world off to new players, and get rid of Morale.

Everyone would be able to be rimmed with ease, and if they choose to not restart with building cities again - BAM there goes a player.

It would cheapen the game to have people who have played for year(s) and spent hours playing to get CP's etc. and have it all end in a day.

World Wonders are trash.

DeletedUser

the world gets shut off when the map is full of cities. Just like Alpha. You need to be patient and wait :)

DeletedUser

the world gets shut off when the map is full of cities. Just like Alpha. You need to be patient and wait :)

I am patient. Lol I am not the one griping about how the world needs to end when it hasn't even been closed off.

I am just saying that shutting the world to new players, and canceling MORALE would be the best course of action for that END GAME.

I think morale is the most ridiculous thing about this whole game.

If I have 100000000000 cities and someone has 1 you would think that morale would have the opposite effect, that their armies would run for the hills, instead of my armies fighting with plastic swords like a bunch of LARPers... ROFL

Status
Not open for further replies.