VRoD shame on you really!!!!!

DeletedUser

I've come late to the thread, but I wish to say something of the old VRoK and it's outward show of convenient pact shifts in the early days of Kappa lest VRoK and Siraj the Viking, the chief decision-maker, be thought of as Machiavellian beasts. I can't speak to the issues that saintchill brings up, as I did not witness them since they happened during my inactive spell, and I won't speak any ill of VRoD's current leadership, whom I respect (and honestly, who knows Dragot and doesn't at least respect his prowess, in-game and here in the forums) and will not speak ill of while I am in their alliance.

In the early days of Kappa, when VRoK shifted its pacts quite often, the world's political landscape was nearly whole-heartedly shaped by BS and the concern/disdain the louder elitists in that group roused in Kappa's denizens (not saying anymore on that--it's very well documented here in the forums, and I said what I needed to say about that then). They were a threat, and the best of the other alliances were banding together to deal with them. Siraj the Viking only ever truly trusted one of those alliances, and that was The Deli. In the others, he always watched for signs of BS's influence on them. (It was widely believed that BS had insiders in several alliances and spies galore, so it was a legitimate concern.) Having been thwarted by spies in previous servers, Siraj was a touch over-zealous in his actions dealing with perceived threats (and I suspect he was right most of the time), but he never cancelled a pact solely with the intent of conquering a pact to bolster the alliance's power. Any time he cancelled a pact, it was because he perceived a threat.

Cronus's hate of VRoK/VRoD stems from his interactions with Siraj over a claimed city and the military actions that insued over it. He and Siraj both blew up, and I had to attempt--failingly, I might add--to moderate the dispute, which was filled with hot words from both parties. I failed, and there was war between the alliances, who before were pact partners from nearly the start of Kappa. Cronus can back me up on this, as the bulk of the pms pertaining to the matter were exchanged between him and me. I doubt I helped much, as I was ready to throttle both him and Siraj at the time for what I perceived to be a wholly avoidable debacle.

The point being that VRoK was not acting opportunistically like snakes, though I'm certain that was the appearance. Perhaps threats were perceived where there were none, but I cannot say. I merely state this to defend a dear friend who acted on the belief that it's better to be paranoid than to wind up face down in a ditch. Perhaps that doesn't excuse his actions, some of which I argued against in the council (particularly the dispute that resulted in war with...Dynamis, I think the alliance was called at the time).

Under Srains, we had no such issues, but BS was gone by then, the world was not so young and volatile, and by then, the alliance had a firm roster of people who had proven themselves trustworthy.

As to the more current things, I cannot and will not speak on them, as I don't know the details, and I won't speak ill of either saintchill or VRoD.

If I got any of that history wrong or left out anything vital, sue me. That was months ago.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Well put Harry. I am the spark that caused Cronus's disdain for VRoK. Back then I took a city of theirs in a key position in the War with BS. A city which he himself had a CS directed at. I recieved intel and moved on the city defeating a BS conquest attempt and Remorce's too. At the time, Dynamis did nothing to assist us versus Black Shadows they merely wanted our protection. They were completely incompetent in the War with BS and an absolute joke in comparison with The Deli. I cleared a BS city for them to take and they messed it up completely, attacking our support. This was the straw that broke the camels back, the noob who failed quit and wouldn't reply to messages and after a serious of blunders by Dynamis and a tip-off that BS were going after that city Siraj gave me the all-clear to go for it. It was the right decision.

DeletedUser

Bingo.

Whether or not it was the right call, which I won't debate here, the aftermath was handled quite poorly by both sides. Attitudes flared, and a fairly decent accommodation package was offered to Dynamis, but after such harsh words and flared tempers, it all crashed. The package was turned down, and off to war we went.

I almost quit being diplomat entirely after that incident, but because Siraj was (and is, though I don't hear from him anymore at all--a shame, that is) such a dear friend, I sucked it up and carried on.

DeletedUser

You no me Harry (Original Blooter), I never went near the Political side of things, I was and am still merely a Soldier who will back my allies and alliance buddies to the death. Back then I was Siraj's enforcer :D

DeletedUser

meh that was a long time ago I forget mostly what it was.

As for the city that was taken I couldnt care less for the most part what got me up in arms was Siraj's insults that I and the alliance I was in was collaborating with the enemy. Basically calling me two faced. I try to hold myself to a high level and wont backstab or two face anyone either in the game or real life... thats really what set me off back then not now. I was however able to remain mostly calm by getting Harry to talk to siraj about it which failed mostly by my thoughts of Siraj thinking since I was talking to Harry that its a sign of weakness instead of my attempt to not be the one to ruin diplo ties with an ally. Which by my opinion was ruined by Siraj's insistance that we were planning on backstabbing him.

As for the compensation package.. that wasnt my call at all to talk about.

As for Dynamis yah most of the players sucked. We had a bunch of them on Epsilon in a previous alliance and we rocked there but it looked like when we started the ball rolling against BS that they were more content to sit there and let others do their fighting for them (there were like 5 players that were worth their salt at playing) is what drove me nuts about them.

DeletedUser

were the players from Epsilon from that alliance The Empire?

DeletedUser

why yes.. yes they were :) we tried grabbing the good players. I didnt know they were playing kappa so joined uber late which is why I was in the middle of a different ocean than they were.

DeletedUser

Fair play remorce, I don't have a bad thing to say about Siraj, he really did look after his own alliance and the guy genuinely worked tirelessly, he was however a worrier, he often asked my opinion on stuff and I always gave him the same answer ..... "I don't do politics!" :D

Anyways amigo, I sincerely hope that all is well with you and yours and I look forward to battling with or against you in another world! :D