Wall Demolition

DeletedUser

I play Sigma btw.

Any Building you can tear down manually to lvl 0 except for the Senate & Wall.

I'm not sure if it's a bug or not... But why can't the wall be torn down from lvl 1 to 0?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2795

what about warehouse? You can tear it down completely???
I do not know why you can not tear down the Wall (though how you found this out is a good question... )

DeletedUser

what about warehouse? You can tear it down completely???
I do not know why you can not tear down the Wall (though how you found this out is a good question... )

By actually doing it. It comes up saying: "Building can't be further demolished"

DeletedUser

why would you want to demolish the wall?
Do you want to give your enemy less work? xD

DeletedUser2795

Well, I can see someone just seeing if they could do it for fun, but are you saying that you can demolish the farm and warehouse to 0?

DeletedUser

why would you want to demolish the wall?
Do you want to give your enemy less work? xD

Um at early game it is crucial to dominate your enemy and the sieges they land on you. If your an aggressive game like I am. (please look at my BP scores in Sigma, they are as of follows atm:

Top 30 in ABP
Top 120 in DBP (this is due to I break sieges with my own offenses) - The past 3 OPs on me I have defended with Biremes & land troops however if their siege lands my offense returns before more support lands to kill their entire land units & CS (more BP this way and I get ABP instead of DBP)
Top 60 in BP

A higher wall, when the siege means more work for my offense. Why would I want a wall when I'm getting sieged and the city is pure offense? I say destroy their offense/defense when it lands with a level 0 wall. I had built it up to get the temple running this way I could get Pos/Athena up and running at that time.

It's called strategy and using what's available to you. A wall in my offensive cities is just plain stupid.

DeletedUser

Well, I can see someone just seeing if they could do it for fun, but are you saying that you can demolish the farm and warehouse to 0?

I'm not an idiot. Why would I want to even test out if you can tear down the two most useful buildings in your town? O_O

DeletedUser

Then this is not accurate

I'm sorry for making that one statement that is not 100% accuracy. I'm aware you can tear down everybody building down to lvl 0 except the following: (All the other buildings in 1.X version I have torn down to lvl 0 just to make sure I could do it and it was feasible)

Senate
Warehouse
Farm
Wall

My question still stands, why can't the wall be demolished down to 0 though? Is it done on purpose or is it a bug?

But just for you, I will even do it in Sigma on my next conquest. I'll tear everything down as far as I can (to test it in 2.X and see what can be done or not)

DeletedUser2795

I'm sorry for making that one statement that is not 100% accuracy. I'm aware you can tear down everybody building down to lvl 0 except the following: (All the other buildings in 1.X version I have torn down to lvl 0 just to make sure I could do it and it was feasible)

Senate
Warehouse
Farm
Wall

My question still stands, why can't the wall be demolished down to 0 though? Is it done on purpose or is it a bug?

But just for you, I will even do it in Sigma on my next conquest. I'll tear everything down as far as I can (to test it in 2.X and see what can be done or not)
I'll try on my own if I seriously want to know :p

DeletedUser

Zing103 is correct, that is why you cannot tear it down to zero.

DeletedUser2795

The storage of that data is directly linked to the existence of the wall? That seems like a bad set up, shouldn't the troop losses be independent of the existence of the wall (though your ability to view them is)

DeletedUser

it is not. as you can demolish a wall to lvl 0 with catapults.

DeletedUser

The players ability to see the info is linked to the wall, not the statistics themselves. Yes, you can catapult it zero, but the player cannot demolish it zero, kind of like a seatbelt, it is done that way to protect you from yourself.