War Declaration!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

are you suggesting that because the IoA cities in ocean 86 are prime targets for us we should stop taking them? seems counterintuitive to me.. the fact is not all of these cities have been taken by massive TFP players, im a prime example, a relatively small player to you 20+ city bigshots, but ive taken one city from IoA, gotten a taste for it and intend to have another before the week is out, while im sure our small PL members appreciate you leaving them alone, youve not been entirely truthful in your claims, as ive had an attack on myself (190 slingers, 6 catapults and 19 LS.. ahem.) and there have been a few other attacks on some of our members.

also, your idea of a training alliance seems to be very different from ours (or at least what ours was until recently). IoA are a very strong and respectable standalone alliance, whereas up until a few weeks ago PL was simply a way of feeding players to TFP, was terribly ran with plenty of inactive or semi active members, and any good members we lost as soon as they had more than 4 or 5 cities, thankfully weve had some time with better (i like to think) leadership and are starting to turn it around now, but we have a long way to go yet.

finally, there are no need for personal insults or jabs on this forum, we all have our opinions of each other and im glad to see most of the members arent sinking to the level of certain others, sandys right its just a game. best of luck to DoA and IoA, if you ever make it to 86 properly i'll be waiting (SW)

DeletedUser

The s**t between tibs and his accused is rediculous and i feel slightly ashamed to know that this is one of our leaders, not that i think much more of Scar and G.R.O.M from the evidence of this thread.

have you just compared me to Tibs? Then you are ridiculous... and when I hear magic sentence - "have similar points", I know that I deal with a person who doesnt have a clue about this game so cant treat him/her seriously. Anyway after the quoted part Im not going to answer to any of your posts which you might put here.

@ shaniqua and regarding IoA - nobody "forbid" you to attack them - we only say that taking their cities shouldnt be treated on the same level as taking a city from lets say Carden, your oc76 leader or St Frank. Everyone understands your "strategic" attacks on these players, really. The problem is that you dont understand what we are trying to explain you.
The only thing I cant accept is that you keep putting these small victories on the same shelf with ours. These are two different things, like climbing on a tree and on Mount Everest (dont be to literal). Your conquers are irrelevant, of marginal importance and definitely not worth "glory" which I was told you seek.

DeletedUser

have you just compared me to Tibs? Then you are ridiculous... and when I hear magic sentence - "have similar points", I know that I deal with a person who doesnt have a clue about this game so cant treat him/her seriously. Anyway after the quoted part Im not going to answer to any of your posts which you might put here.

How very adult of you.

@ shaniqua and regarding IoA - nobody "forbid" you to attack them - we only say that taking their cities shouldnt be treated on the same level as taking a city from lets say Carden, your oc76 leader or St Frank. Everyone understands your "strategic" attacks on these players, really. The problem is that you dont understand what we are trying to explain you.
The only thing I cant accept is that you keep putting these small victories on the same shelf with ours. These are two different things, like climbing on a tree and on Mount Everest (dont be to literal). Your conquers are irrelevant, of marginal importance and definitely not worth "glory" which I was told you seek.

A feeder alliance which up until a few weeks ago was poorly run and could go days without any new forum posts, taking a city from a well run, standalone #4 alliance, nope, nothing special there. [/SARCASM] The conquers may be irrelevant to the war from your perspective but definately don't deserve the petty tibs-esqe shrugging off which you give them. You may have started this game fighting the good fight against the elites from day one, but the rest of us have to earn what "glory" we can, where we can get it.

Had you actually read the post you would realise that the point of it was to refute previous claims that the only reason IoA is losing cities to TFP is because it is a weaker alliance. As the example shows, an IoA city was taken by a small member of a much weaker alliance. Since we're using metaphors, thats a bit like a lazy fat man trying to climb Everest and actually getting to the top "(dont be to literal)". We might not make it up there next time but we're on the treadmill and we'll give it a damn good shot.
I'm sure you have plenty of quotes from Shaniquas post where he claimed that his conquest was as important in the war as any of those made by DoA though. Please post them for us all to see.

DeletedUser

Again I understand that you smaller guys who obviously got some type of memo to come do some flag waving on the forum, are proud of your accomplishments in the conquesting of a few IOA cities. That's awesome, excellent job, kudos all around. I am not nor is G.R.O.M trying to take anything from you. You took the cities fair and square, ok. We got it. We'll be sure to work harder so that you have less opportunity to enjoy such victories.

Enjoy them while you can, because we are coming and we are doing it one "TFP" city at at a time(or 9 at a time as the case may be). We do not care if those cities are inactive, active or ..... TFP Delta headquarters for a nudist colony.

On that note..

Another TFP player dove right into Vacation mode today, this time while in the middle of being conquested. We love that. It's a free city. Nobody can attack the conquest once vacation mode kicks in, and right now James Chewbacka is smoking a cigar with his feet on the couch with no worries about anyone breaking his conquest. It doesn't get any better. Thank you Hal I Tosis.

DeletedUser

Again I understand that you smaller guys who obviously got some type of memo to come do some flag waving on the forum, are proud of your accomplishments in the conquesting of a few IOA cities. That's awesome, excellent job, kudos all around. I am not nor is G.R.O.M trying to take anything from you. You took the cities fair and square, ok. We got it. We'll be sure to work harder so that you have less opportunity to enjoy such victories.

No memo, scouts honor.
My first post was just a jovial comment on the fact that no one thought PL even worth mentioning. Not that they really need to in the grand scheme of the war, but whatever happens I wanted to make sure that the alliance I chose doesn't end in silence.

The second post was a simply a retort to defamation (a stronger word than intended but I can't think of a better one right now). While I realise us smaller players wont exactly be what the war hangs on it doesn't mean we lack the intelligence to get involved in a bit of online smack talk. Most of us are small because we joined the game late, not because we are poor players.

And while I agree that you are not trying to take anything from our victory, I would argue that G.R.O.M, with his comment about glory, most definately is.

DeletedUser

And while I agree that you are not trying to take anything from our victory, I would argue that G.R.O.M, with his comment about glory, most definately is.

Ok, I agree to some degree with you. I was thinking about TFP not PL when I was posting. I said to some degree because still the fact is that these IoA cities are on your territory, easy preys, have been probably bombarded many times by TFP players as well, so difficulty level was pretty low, Im guessing.

I dont know details of the one you are talking about - Im only saying what I see on our forum and from my own experience, when I broke few sieges on IoA players made by guys like Carden. I understand why he does it but still its far from glory for a player of his calibre. Its understandable, logic but cant be called glorious.

I never meant to say that you all are "noobs" (unless someone give me a reason like sandy19) or not smart. If all of you have just started the game you will take less significant part in this war but I dont disrespect that. Whole time I was speaking about TFP which you should deduct from my posts...Coincidentaly 1 city mixed up a bit which involved PL player.

PS
re sandy19, I simply wanted to say that I dont want to waste my time speaking to peole who can compare my posts to Tibs. Without going into details and trying to be polite I can only say that we will never understand each other.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Ok, I agree to some degree with you. I was thinking about TFP not PL when I was posting. I said to some degree because still the fact is that these IoA cities are on your territory, easy preys, have been probably bombarded many times by TFP players as well, so difficulty level was pretty low, Im guessing.

I dont know details of the one you are talking about - Im only saying what I see on our forum and from my own experience, when I broke few sieges on IoA players made by guys like Carden. I understand why he does it but still its far from glory for a player of his calibre. Its understandable, logic but cant be called glorious.

I never meant to say that you all are "noobs" (unless someone give me a reason like sandy19) or not smart. If all of you have just started the game you will take less significant part in this war but I dont disrespect that. Whole time I was speaking about TFP which you should deduct from my posts...Coincidentaly 1 city mixed up a bit which involved PL player.

PS
re sandy19, I simply wanted to say that I dont want to waste my time speaking to peole who can compare my posts to Tibs. Without going into details and trying to be polite I can only say that we will never understand each other.

Thats fair. And I see your point about TFP helping, the city in question did recieve 4 attacks from 1 TFP player, 2 of which were dodged but 2 that did admittedly take out a lot of units.
In this we are restricted by our trainer alliance status. Obviously we'd like to be co-ordinating these attacks ourselves and indeed we assume we wont recieve any help when making attack plans, but we need the cities and they need the BP, so we currently struggle between wanting the honor of conquesting by ourselves and wanting to help TFP and take the target city quicker.

Good luck then, I can't say how much time I have but hopefully by the time you reach 87 we'll give each other a fight worth remembering!

DeletedUser

Good luck then, I can't say how much time I have but hopefully by the time you reach 87 we'll give each other a fight worth remembering!

Im happy that I was able to have a normal conversation finally :) relaxing change
good luck to you as well and fight well

DeletedUser

@G.R.O.M

I wasn't meaning to compare you to tibs, my estimations of him have dropped like a stone over the recent months. I was mearly saying that i was dissapointed you reacted to his childish actions, this is only because of the good things i have heard about you in the past.

Please don't try and insult my intelligence, im no ignorrant "noob". I was mearly stating a fact, i know full well IoA aren't on the same level as TFP. Though i had no idea that they are so vastly inferior as you seem to be suggesting.

There is no banner waving here im affraid fourtyfour, yes i was directed to this thread because of tibs' comments but i was in no way asked to comment.
I have a great respect for you guy's and all you've accomplished but you shouldn't be so quick to shoot down new people like me.

Good luck to all parties, though obviously im rooting for TFP as i've been here from the very beginning (was an origional leader until my activity went way down.)

DeletedUser

"IoA/TFP have similar points".....

IoA
1) points wise IoA have 2 times lower average points/player than TFP
2) its a training alliance
3) they are spread through many oceans
4) as an alliance they are not close to TFP territory. If they have a core (debateable) it would be almost 2 oceans away.
Some of their newer members are in oc67, which is in most cases (not all) still an ocean away from your "south wing". Only few of them are close to TFP.
Only few guys are in your oceans absolutely isolated from the rest of us.

This is pretty inferior position to fight. Training alliance, with 2 times smaller (less experienced or active) players have to defend couple of guys oceans away. Your guys need less time to dock a CS in their harbours than us to hit it with LS.

PS someone who ignores all these facts must be ready to be called an ignorant.

DeletedUser

haha my intelligence G.R.O.M. you're insulting it. I am well aware of all these points but that said i believe it to be a tad unfair to claim TFP are picking on IoA. That was the origional (small) point i was trying to make.
I believe average points make less difference than you are suggesting. Yes it makes you weaker but not to that extent if the alliance with the lower average points is working very well as a unit. With very good communication 2 people should be almost as good as one if not as good.
I'm enjoying the liitle digs you keep giving me, your picking a fight where there is not one.

DeletedUser

"IoA/TFP have similar points".....

IoA
1) points wise IoA have 2 times lower average points/player than TFP
2) its a training alliance
3) they are spread through many oceans
4) as an alliance they are not close to TFP territory. If they have a core (debateable) it would be almost 2 oceans away.
Some of their newer members are in oc67, which is in most cases (not all) still an ocean away from your "south wing". Only few of them are close to TFP.
Only few guys are in your oceans absolutely isolated from the rest of us.

This is pretty inferior position to fight. Training alliance, with 2 times smaller (less experienced or active) players have to defend couple of guys oceans away. Your guys need less time to dock a CS in their harbours than us to hit it with LS.

PS someone who ignores all these facts must be ready to be called an ignorant.

STOP WITH ALL THE NUMBERS. Jesus. You have to make up your mind. Do numbers matter or not?

DeletedUser

completely with sandy on this one, im ashamed to admit ive been lurking these forums for some time now and grom you do seem to have a tendency to not pass up an opportunity for an argument, i can only express my relief that you were respectful to Ali as hes exactly the same and i fear for his sanity if that had continued.. as far as your guys row goes, you seem to be having a bit of a double standard, in that us picking on IoA players is bullying the little guys, whereas you conquesting TFP players (and the disparity between DoA and TFP is far greater than that between TFP and IoA) is a glorious and noble achievement. i can assure you sandys no ignorant fool nor a noob as you seem to be suggesting.

as far as the flag waving comment goes, i can only repeat what my friends from PL have already stated, i was keeping an eye on this thread anyway but decided to wait until id proved we are able to contribute before saying anything, since we are so small in comparison to most taking part it would be easy to write us off as no threat, i intend to prove anyone who made that assumption wrong, and groms comments on my conquest have simply made me determined to carry my next one out without any TFP help, im sure my boys in 86 wont let me down, although admittedly i say this safe in the knowledge that if they do, ive got the big guns to fall back on if i need them :)

DeletedUser

STOP WITH ALL THE NUMBERS. Jesus. You have to make up your mind. Do numbers matter or not?

lol mr "yes" and "no" has his personal revenge on me, as I was able to point his weak logic.
No, points dont matter much if we discuss about alliances strength - they can suggest but wont tell the most important thing which was mentioned by sandy19 in his previous post. I was only replying to those who base their opinions on points stats. He made this comparison so I added that point to my list.

@ sandy
I dont fight, I explain, back up my opinions with facts and therefore will ignore you constant comments about "intelligence" thing (I didnt say anything about it in any of my posts) and will get straight to facts, which you guys hate so much.

As you were talking about "size" I put points thing on the list. For the picture to be complete I think its ok to add statistics as well, which alone (read that nwinder) say nothing but with other facts can provide a good insight.

"I believe average points make less difference than you are suggesting." I didnt suggest how much difference they make, no scale here, so not sure where you took it from? Average points tell me how strong players can be, how mouch resources they are able to produce, how many war factories they have. A player with 3 cities is relatively much stonger than 3 players with 1. It doesnt mean that he/she are good in this game (can fully use their potential and know tactics) but its an indicator of war abilities.

But as I said, points and stats cant be taken alone to measure an alilance strength. This is why I added other points - IoA concentration level, their status/mission and their geographical location.

I didnt say that "TFP are picking on IoA" which I have explained many times already (even like 2 posts before?!) so or you dont read my posts (ingorance?) or purposely stick to your statement without consideration of what other side have said.

@shaniqua
why do you guys keep making everything personal? I respected Ali because he was not only making empty statements but used logic arguments and focused on facts. When I presented other facts to back up my opinion he understood my point and we moved on. You guys criticise me for arguing with every nonsnse you post here. If you have any facts to back upi your opinions then do it but flaming me wont get you anywhere (to insanity maybe).

Facts:
We didnt start the war against TFP, it was TFP who attacked us, so we dont look for glory fighting them. It was TFP who claimed that they will pass away in glory.
I dont suggest that sandy is a fool, ignorant, yes.

Stick to the facts and stop turning everything upside down so you wont have to "argue" with me any more.

DeletedUser

For a alliance in the top 5 IoA is putting up a horrible fight against PL alone, our LS are on wide spread attacks were clearing harbor after harbor in oceans were they have a decent amount of cities.

DeletedUser

Err so I skipped the 10 pages of potential flame war postings, but isn't this topic getting a bit derailed? :p

DeletedUser

Welcome to a PnP thread,But there nothing else to talk about on this forum everyone knows Theres a war this is just were we've choose to argue it out lol

DeletedUser

Actually I'd say it started as one. Then it turned into "How to verbally irritate your enemy - An Introduction" and now I don't know what it is.

DeletedUser

Actually I'd say it started as one. Then it turned into "How to verbally irritate your enemy - An Introduction" and now I don't know what it is.

This did not really start the war many TFP knew it was coming and PL had been told to prepare for war right before the DoA>Perg merge. This was the more formal way of doing it/public announcement ,A serous of attacks on DoA was our way of declaring war :p

DeletedUser

I meant it started as a PnP thread and then turned it to something else. But of course the war may have evolved into verbal attacks in-game as well. :p

Now I'll leave this one to all you others so you can keep on fighting both in here and in the game

Status
Not open for further replies.