Passed War Declaration

Do you want to see this feature added in-game?

• Yes

Votes: 42 76.4%
  • No

Votes: 13 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser829

Proposal
Ability to declare "War" - Alliance vs Alliance only.

Current Workaround
This is a new concept

Details
Ability to declare war.

Currently Grepolis is a FFA when it comes to almost everything in game. This idea is to allow an elevation of hostility between two alliance.

War is declared. It is not caused by random looting or attacking. An alliance has the ability to click on another alliance (with the correct permission) and declare war on that alliance. However, for war to be declared, sufficient aggression has to happen on both sides. War is not one sided. Though it can be declared, both sides must be attacking each other steadily. Only then can war be declared.

In order for war to be declared, both sides must accumulate over 1% of their alliances points in offensive battle points in 7 days. Once that has happened, the war button will be visible and then the alliance leader can declare war.

For the math:

Alliance A: 1,000,000 points. Meaning they need 10,000 offensive battle points.

For an alliance that is 1 million points, 10k battle points is not an "Easy" thing to get, but in a large scale attack, it'll rack up pretty good.

This point limit stops huge alliances from crushing small ones in order to get to a war because the smaller alliances will not be able to give that many points.

When two or more alliances are at war the following takes place:

0 MORAL is always 100% for attacks against both alliances.
1 Troops and ships build 50% faster
2 You gain 5 favor for every mythical creature you kill (Attacking / defending)
(Opposing Gods. If you worship Athena, killing units from a village that worships Athena will give no favour.)
3 5% of all units destroyed get turned into favor. (Attacking / Defending. Does not apply to mythical creatures).
(Opposing Gods. If you worship Athena, killing units from a village that worships Athena will give no favour.)
4 Your senate takes twice as long to construct buildings. (using gold will make construction regular time).
5 Your resource generating buildings generate 30% less resources
6 You are unable to trade with the alliance you are at war with.
7 People that attack into a war will have -30% luck guaranteed and -15% moral added to attack
8 People that attack out of a war will have -30% luck and -15% moral added to attack
9 When a war is declared, the instigators farms' mood is turned to 0. They will rise normally, but the thought of war makes all the farmers angry.
(The people who declared war have all their farms mood to 0). This happenes whenever someone declares war.
10 War is minimum 7 days, no time limit.
11 Attack time is shortened by 30% while in a war (Against warring alliances).
12 When war is concluded (When either side surrenders) there will be a period of 2 days where those alliances cannot war. Their Senate will work 100% faster, and resource generating buildings will generate 40% more resources.
--If an alliance is in more than 1 war, #12 is negated until they are out of all wars.
13 The surrendering alliance will have all players favor drop to 0. The victor will gain 75 favor in each player city. As well, for the victor all farms mood will increase by 25% towards the winning alliance players.

Don't get this confused with enemy. An alliance might have an enemy alliance, but might not want to actually declare war on them.

Abuse Prevention
There are a lot of draw-backs to declaring war. Aside from the loss in resource generation, farmers mood, you're locked in war for 7 days.

A declaring alliance has to be ready to declare war because if they're not, they will be at such a disadvantage.

War can be declared after hostility takes place. This stops alliances from just declaring war on everyone.

a 1% of alliance points in battle point minimum is put in place to stop 1 massive alliance from declaring war on a smaller alliance that isn't able to put up a fight.

Visual Aids
Map will have deep red flags for all waring alliances.
Villages will have an alpha -red transparency added to them.

Summary
Allow alliances to escalate their relationship into war. This allos both sides to rapidly create units, send units etc, however at a great cost.

Administration
Does this idea meet the Ideas Guidelines & Criteria? Yes
Is this idea appear on any of the Previously Suggested Ideas List? No

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser829

Concerns:

Many people believe that a large alliance will be able to abuse this, or smaller alliances will bring a larger alliance into war.

Because of the 1% Alliance Points -> BP needed, this stops this.

Take these 2 alliances:

A. Total Points: 800,000 points
B. Total points: 100,000 Points

Because of this, for an actual war, as detailed above, to be able to be declared, both the following will need to be met.

1) Alliance A will need to have 8,000 Battle Points against Alliance B.
2) Alliance B will need to have 1,000 Battle points against Alliance A.

So how does this prevent?
Well If alliance B took 1 city from Alliance A, they might kill over 1,000 people. That meeets the requiremnt.

However, if Alliance A now wanted to get into a war, they'd need to get 8,000 BP from Alliance A, which will be hard.

DeletedUser

I rather like this idea (of course I like anything that adds strategy to this game) I think at the beginning of the game war will not be escalated a lot unless it's a noob alliance due to the drawbacks. However once a world is divided up later in game and real wars break out this could be a very nice strategical addition. It has my vote

DeletedUser

I played another game years ago that had this style or similar in it.

It did lock out other groups during the war.

Your resources and such only went up if you were actually agressive. There was boost for winning. An outright win could happen or the other side could surrender and they paid a price for that too

DeletedUser

I like the idea. It'd give diplomatic priviledges a use!

DeletedUser

Gets my vote, sounds like it would add an extra dimension to politics and battle mech which is always good in my view. Nicely thought out.

As an idea for the war trigger point / point you are allowed to declare war, why not make it when both sides reach battle points over 1000 between them, must be within a 7 day period? The reason I suggest such a figure is there could easily be an abuse that I don't think you have mentioned: Say somebody sets up a secondary alliance, either using a friend who isn't really interested in playing, or even using multi accounts (Yes, I know this is against the rules but we cannot for the purposes of this ignore the possibility). You could have a fake war just so that the "real" alliance gains all the benefits after seven days. Putting a high enough number of BP on it means that any alliance set up purely to utilise this facility would have to be realistic in numbers and resources.

Another reason for this limit being mutual, if one side destroys 1000 BP worth of troops and the other side destroys 20 or 200 or whatever, that isn't a war, that's a massacre with light resistance! A war needs to be a serious escalation of military might of two alliances going at it hell for leather.

Just my additional thoughts but the original idea is very well rounded and well worth a shot...although it could be a lot of work!

+1 rep for you sir!

Leggy

DeletedUser829

That's an excellent idea Legion. I'll modify my idea. I upped it to 2000 because late game 1 attack run will destroy 1000 defense units - especially once naval battles happen.

This also might need to be scaled based on the size of the alliance.

Even in my alliance one of the attacks that is being planned will take out 1000 units in 1 hit.

DeletedUser

Yeah that makes sense, I was just trying to pick an arbitrary number that meant fake wars were either impossible to arrange, or required such effort as to make it unattractive. I must admit, other than the cheating your way into war winners benefits, I hadn't considered the possibility of just declaring on a random small alliance.

Again, I really like this idea, I hope others do too and it can be put forward as a finalised idea. In essence though, with the exception of alpha I don't see anyone being close to ready for this kind of move...but in time we will undoubtedly find more and more intricacies of the battle system

Well done again

DeletedUser

I like the general concept, however, I feel like this is too game changing to implement without testing to a large degree.
Overall - approval but cautious

DeletedUser1483

I second what Ougthesmartone said.

Its a big thing to include in the game, although i like the idea quite alot..

Whether its practical or not is a different thing all together. :)

Chris

DeletedUser829

Changed what is needed to be declared.

An alliance needs 1% of their total points in battle points.

for example:

Alliance A (1,000,000 point) will need to exceed the 10,000 BP mark
AND
Alliance B (500,000 point) will need to exceed the 5,000 BP mark.

Once both alliances have done that within 1 week, war can be declared.

DeletedUser

Changed what is needed to be declared.

An alliance needs 1% of their total points in battle points.

for example:

Alliance A (1,000,000 point) will need to exceed the 10,000 BP mark
AND
Alliance B (500,000 point) will need to exceed the 5,000 BP mark.

Once both alliances have done that within 1 week, war can be declared.

I like the idea, but I think that this is getting too complicated to be implemented easily.

DeletedUser829

Understandable. It needs to be easy and understandable.

The best bet would be to put a easy status bar (like battle points for victory procession).

There would be another tab on the alliance screen that members could see other alliances and the amount of damage done to them.

Alliance A might see:

Alliance B:
[ ----------25,320 -----------] Battle points

Alliance B:
[---11,234-------------------] Battle Points

Alliance C:
[**********************] 40,000 BP [Button - DECLARE WAR]

DeletedUser

Changing it to a percentage of points for the alliance would reintroduce the possibility that a 1000 point alliance could be set up and used to get the war winners benefits by a much bigger alliance...thats why I suggested a fixed number of BP rather than a percentage

DeletedUser829

Changing it to a percentage of points for the alliance would reintroduce the possibility that a 1000 point alliance could be set up and used to get the war winners benefits by a much bigger alliance...thats why I suggested a fixed number of BP rather than a percentage

However, if a 1000 point alliance gets the necessary points (like 10),

The 100,000 point alliance will need 1,000 points... which they can't get from the 1,000 point alliance.

If a huge alliance is attacking a small alliance, if the small alliance doesn't fight back there's no war.

Both sides need the 1% to work:

1,000,000 point alliance needs 10,000 points to declare war.
100,000 point alliance needs 1,000 points to declare war.
10,000 point alliance needs 100 points to declare war.

Both sides of the alliance need to have their battle points met. war is not 1 way, it's two way.

So maybe:

Alliance A might see:

Alliance B:
Their BP:[ ----------25,320 -----------]
Our BP: [----------------------41,392]

Alliance B:
Their BP [*********************52,342] Threshold met.
Our BP: [*********************99,423] Threshold met.
---------[DECLARE WAR]-----------

Alliance C:
Their BP [*********************123,123] Threshold met.
Our BP: [0---------------------------------]

DeletedUser

i like the idea a lot someone said gives diplomatic privs a meaning although i think that the button should only appear if you are the Founder of an alliance and not just a diplomat

DeletedUser

i like the idea a lot someone said gives diplomatic privs a meaning although i think that the button should only appear if you are the Founder of an alliance and not just a diplomat

A vote system can work better. A lot of things can be done with a vote system plugged to the alliance in self...

DeletedUser

I love the idea.
Through as said with the huge degree of change it would cause ingaming. It might have to be tried on a test around. If a speed world was made where this idea was implemented it would be a lot more quicker to test it than going by normally. And if succesful, then it could be implemented piece by piece into this game so people can get use to the changes rather than have it completely throw at them at once, where it would confuse them on what has changed.

I hope this idea succeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.