War Spotlight week 1 - MOS vs Silver

DeletedUser5554

Well in an attempt to spotlight our wars and bring everyone to notice heres my first week of war spotlights. These Spotlights contain interviews from top players in their alliances and the views on the war. I decided to start with a big debute and get the war everyone knows about MOS vs Silver. Getting MOS interviews was no problem as they aren't camera shy at all and are very friendly...Getting interviews from silver....Well lets just say the one guy who agreed to do it didn't even do it. So without further adieu heres the MOS interviews. And to people interested in this sorry i couldn't get any Silver hopefully i can do better next week.

Intro music: http://youtu.be/SzmK8_htKyQ

Tyroneblack interview
1. How do you feel the war is going in terms of effectiveness and coordination?
We are winning by city count, but I feel strongly that we have not realized even half of our potential as a team. Silver broke some of our siege and sniped a number of CS attempts. We will try to reorganize and push them harder. Other than that, it's been pretty fun. We lost a few cities, but not everyone can spend as much time on Grepo as Ella does.

2. Who do you you feel is your most valueable player?
Mogul. He is a ninja. He is so stealthy, you forget his existence and then out of nowhere he appears saying "I just landed CS, could use some birs." Every single one of his CS lands and sticks. He is a pro.

3. Who do you feel is Silver's most valueable player?
That's a no-brainer. Ella, of course. She does 90% of work for her alliance.

4. If you could pick 3 of any Silver's players to rim, defect, or ghost who would you pick and why?
Ella - she needs a break from playing grepo 24/7 before her health gives out.
TheYank - too uptight, needs to relax on the rim
Kheyo - has too much gold

5. How would you say Silver is holding up? Are they better than Havoc, the same, or worse?
Definitely better than HaVoC. They are doing pretty well, I hope they continue fighting and get others involved, not just Ella and I hope they don't ghost like their 303 buddies.

6. If you could tell Silver players one thing right now what would it be?
Come at me bro!

7. How quickly do you expect to fight to end?
A couple of months, I hope.

8. Rate Silver on a scale of 1 to 10. :)
I think they are a solid 8 just for building LS.

9. And finally what advise do you have for the newer alliances and players of pella?
Stay thirsty, my friends! Jk. I say new players should read plenty of guides to understand how the game works, then stay active. This game isn't rocket science, and even new players can become very good fast. Don't turtle, go for conquest right away. Pick a good alliance and get involved.
New alliances should have one good pact and enough enemies to have fun, but not too many. Other than that it's important to stay composed at all times. Even if you lose a few cities, it doesn't mean the end. Most alliances fall apart on their own and not because all their cities are taken. I can say a lot more, but don't want to bore anyone.
Good luck.[/
spoiler]

The Mogul interview

The war is still in its early stages but so far things are going very well for MOS.Think the current score is around the 15-3 mark in favour of MOS.All our people work very well together and have a totally unselfish attitude which is vital for long term success.

Would be very easy to say Max and Eclipsin.They are both just fantastic attacking players as their abp shows.However i would give the vote to Volsung.His leadership and direction he brings to MOS would be difficult to replace.Its never easy leading an Alliance and having to deal with all the nonsense that goes with the job so he gets my vote.

Ellaranna without a doubt.Fantastic stats and from what i have seen has excellent in game skills.

4. If you could pick 3 of any Silver's players to rim, defect, or ghost who would you pick and why?
Ellaranna,Hickel and Khyeo15.Obvious i know but without those 3 Silver would be in serious trouble.From what we have seen they basically are the offence of Silver.Theres a couple of others as well but those are my first 3.

5. How would you say Silver is holding up? Are they better than Havoc, the same, or worse?
Silver are the best we have come up against so far by a long way.Havoc were good but they had too many internal troubles which ultimately affected their capability.Silver have the edge because they are a more united team than Havoc were and also have better Leadership.

Boot Ellaranna.Would make our job a lot easier.In all seriousness i think the only thing thats let them down was their Diplomacy and Recruitment.Huge mistake bringing 303 into the mix.They would have had a relatively easy time taking total control of Ocean 54 because MOS never had any intentions of heading that way.

I dont see this war ending any time soon thats for sure but i have been playing this game long enough to know that just about anything is possible.

On a scale 1 to 10 i would rate them an 8

9. And finally what advise do you have for the newer alliances and players of pella?
Just have fun and be as active as your RL allows.Everyone has heard it before but it really is just a game.It aint the end of the world if you lose a city or two.Alliances need to make good naps/pacts but not too many and be loyal to your Allies.

Volsung interview
It's going quite well in these terms - for every attack (of which we know ofc) against the Alliance we can always pull at least 80% of what all our members got during the 12 hour siege time.

If you could only check our internal forum you would've known that we don't have "the most valuable player", as the whole alliance works as one.

Here on the other hand we have a great example an alliance built-up around one person - Ellaranna.

I wouldn't ghost anyone of them as we prefer to fight our enemies. On the other hand rimming Ellaranna would be enough to end that war, as I believe Silver would cease to exist with her being rimmed\gone\quit\etc (MOS on the other hand won't be affected by my absence at all - not even if I quit).

They are doing rather bad, but at least they managed to steal few cities from our members that were inactive during the whole siege time.

There's nothing for me to tell them.

Might still take awhile.

I am yet to see them working as the whole alliance, can't rate them now.

Maybe the thing I keep telling to our own members - your cities don't belong to you, but to the alliance.

Last edited:

DeletedUser5554

thank you wish i coulda gotten some silvers though ):

DeletedUser

Finally my man TM gets some credit here :) Love you homie <3

Who else saw what happened to Khyeo today!?!?!?

DeletedUser

that dude got pwned. Btw, Deathy now can move in back to o54. The old tenants are getting evicted as we speak.

DeletedUser

We'll be swooping in soon, one thing left to take care of in O64 first ;)

DeletedUser

Yeah, sorry about that, been working 14 hours a day lately, didnt have time to sit down and answer yout questions.

DeletedUser

DW is having lots of trouble with one particular city in O64 - i have reports from my co-leader of anyone would like them i will forward them in game.

You might have had better luck getting interviews from Silver if you didn't join Tyrone in bashing them so much.

Just a note, you may want to pop Tyrone's interview into Spoilers - or take the other 2 out of spoilers. Having mixed like you do is a little messy format wise.

DeletedUser

You might have had better luck getting interviews from Silver if you didn't join Tyrone in bashing them so much.

Most of Silver dont even read the forums so wouldnt know about the bashing and even if they did they wouldnt care. They play grepo for the same reason I do and thats to have fun with friends and we are having alot of fun. I did ask a bunch if they wanted to do an interview but none did.

You guys keep saying that if I was not here Silver would die or that the allance revolves around me. Thats not true. Lots of us have been fighting and taking cities from TSL not just me.

And as far as the war goes, we are doing fine. Yes MOS have taken a bunch of cities, but most are cities we knew we would lose based on the location so really no big loss. They even had one of my cities in siege today. But a trip being hit and a txt followed by a few attacks from me sent at the siege once I got back to PC was all it took to get him to pull his CS (which is something i did the other day and you guys made fun of me for it, lol) I would also like to thank Born Frenzy for leaving the support he sent for that siege in my city for about 10 hrs after. Prevented them from making another attempt.

One last comment. Someone up there mentioned that you get like 80% of your people to send at a siege during the 12 hours if you know about the siege. if that was really the case then there would be lot more incoming at them then there is. And Im also guessing you only expect so many to send if its your own cities and not those of the alles your working with. Although you do send at TSL cities we get in siege you dont send very much and you dont even send at all when they are offline and your trip is killed... Thx Bair for not telling them I had their city in seige earlier. after you logged in saw your trip dead and sent a small att and found out I was occupying it, but did nothing about it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1483

They even had one of my cities in siege today. But a trip being hit and a txt followed by a few attacks from me sent at the siege once I got back to PC was all it took to get him to pull his CS (which is something i did the other day and you guys made fun of me for it, lol)

The difference was that we didnt boast about having one of your cities in seige. You boasted about it like you were winning. Then pulled the CS.

im probably gonna go up even higher in the defense and fighter ranks based on all the incoming attacks I havevheading at this MOS citie I have in siege. already gained a tonne of bp from it.

You saw no mention of a CS in your city on the forum here. Withdrawing a CS is a tactical decision, one which you did correctly. The only difference was that you were boasting about how much dBP you were getting as if you were winning it easily.

Someone up there mentioned that you get like 80% of your people to send at a siege during the 12 hours if you know about the siege. if that was really the case then there would be lot more incoming at them then there is. And Im also guessing you only expect so many to send if its your own cities and not those of the alles your working with.

We sent 6000LS to the last city you had in seige and not all members had logged on to help out yet. Just because there isnt alot of incomings doesnt mean there isnt alot of LS. (even though in the quote above you mention incomings to the city, so not sure what you meant there).

Members will send all they can to help another member out. As for helping our allies, we do the same for them. They wouldnt be our allies if we're werent helping them as they are helping us. Tactical decisions are made by their alliance as to whether they want to A. Ask for help B. Need our help. or C. Decide that it is not necessary to fight for the city. (just like we make the same decisions).

There are obvious limitations with when the alliance finds out and travel times. We are more likely to be able to respond strongly to our own alliances positions because of where they are, as opposed to sending to TSL who may be quite far away from our fleets. This is all basic and obvious stuff ella. Your arguments are seemingly pointless. =/

Conclusion: Give a proper interview and response and people will be able to respect silver's position against MOS. Rather than bringing up arguments that can be explained with simple reasoning.

Ie.
Born Frenzy isnt online all the time. So may not be able to withdraw support obviously.
Bair N might have told TSL and they decided its not worth it. Alternatively he may have sent an attack and didnt see the report until too late.

DeletedUser

LOL I wasnt boasting about the city in siege I was saying how my dbp were going up.

And you probably didnt mention you had a CS in my city, cause you all claim I am on 24/7 and then couldnt take advantage of it when you caught me offline.

6000 ls is a bit of an exageration. 50 or so incoming dont equal anywhere near that especially when most are under 30 per wave. and is nowhere near 80% or you alliance. seems to usually be the same 10% sending everytime.

Youll send 50+ ls waves when one of your cities is in siege but only about 10 when you do send at TSL cities we have in siege even though they are about the same TT.

Bair was like 15 min away. What would the point of sending the att have been except to see if it was in siege. So wouldnt ake sense to send and not check report. Also there are lots if TSL in the area that could have sent if only they knew.

And as far as an interview goes I told nodcrush why I couldn't do an interview right now, and no one else I asked wanted to.

DeletedUser

And as far as an interview goes I told nodcrush why I couldn't do an interview right now, and no one else I asked wanted to.

Don't lie Ella. :) I said I would, I just couldnt get the time to sit down and do it. :)

DeletedUser1483

LOL I wasnt boasting about the city in siege I was saying how my dbp were going up.

I know. Please actually read what i said. (again) The way you said it was just as if you were winning, and as i was the one that poked fun at you for withdrawing the CS, when i pointed out how you had withdrawn i was merely curious as to why if you were so proud of how much dBP you were getting. Why didnt you and the 400bir (or however many left) stay there for more BP? I already said it was a good tactical decision.

6000 ls is a bit of an exageration. 50 or so incoming dont equal anywhere near that especially when most are under 30 per wave. and is nowhere near 80% or you alliance. seems to usually be the same 10% sending everytime. Youll send 50+ ls waves when one of your cities is in siege but only about 10 when you do send at TSL cities we have in siege even though they are about the same TT.

Sorry youre right. We sent 5881LS + (some people didnt post the amount of LS they were sending). Im a statistics man and i do alot of adding up of everything MOS do.

And as i said, if LS are too far away then obviously we are only going to be able to send less. Our position with destroying any CS is exactly the same for any city you are in. (Like when we destroyed your CS in a ghost city which had over 1k biremes in it).

As for Bair, as i already said, there could be several reasons for no attacks being sent your way after his small attack.

In this exact case TSL decided not to try and break the seige, and MOS supported them in that decision. We were aware of the CS in the city before Bair even sent the small attack, he sent it to gain a harbour spy. Something you cant get with a conquest attempt (which was something new i learnt).

Im really tiring of repeating myself. And tiring of this MOS/Silver rubbish. If youve nothing new to add in your next post then i probably wont even bother replying, no offense intended. At least TCF accept good banter, actually respect those guys. (y)

DeletedUser

Don't lie Ella. :) I said I would, I just couldnt get the time to sit down and do it. :)
LOL, I wasnt the one thats asked you though. nodcrush asked you directly. ;)

I know. Please actually read what i said. (again) The way you said it was just as if you were winning, and as i was the one that poked fun at you for withdrawing the CS, when i pointed out how you had withdrawn i was merely curious as to why if you were so proud of how much dBP you were getting. Why didnt you and the 400bir (or however many left) stay there for more BP? I already said it was a good tactical decision.

Sorry youre right. We sent 5881LS + (some people didnt post the amount of LS they were sending).

As for Bair, as i already said, there could be several reasons for no attacks being sent your way after his small attack.

In this exact case TSL decided not to try and break the seige, and MOS supported them in that decision. We were aware of the CS in the city before Bair even sent the small attack, he sent it to gain a harbour spy.

I actually only had 6bir left not 400, so wouldnt have got anymore bp, and it was no where near 6kls sent either, alot of the waves were even under 10 ls. There were actually a few that only had 1ls in em... You really do exagerate numbers.

And all Bair needind to do was spy to see what was in harbor. cave was empty

DeletedUser1483

I actually only had 6bir left not 400, so wouldnt have got anymore bp, and it was no where near 6kls sent either, alot of the waves were even under 10 ls. There were actually a few that only had 1ls in em... You really do exagerate numbers.

Maybe youre confused by what i mean. This is a FACT. Ive got no possible reason to lie. where on earth would i get an exact number from aswell? I still have the topic in the forum archive.

Let me clarify. The last MOS city that you had under seige (held by reeceyboy123) (City name: Charlotte-Anne) we sent over 5881 LS to break the seige, the seige which you were claiming so much dBP for.. This is a fact. End of story. I dont understand how you can be so sure we didnt send that amount, when we did. :S

This was the city you pulled the CS from before the attacks (which were alot still to hit) killed your CS and remaining biremes.

?

DeletedUser

I hope Silver appreciates our effort to obliterate their siege on one of our distance cities. With 8 hours left in that conquest, we smashed 4k birs and sank the CS. It was close and 24/7 Golden Ella almost snatched another city from a sleeping MOS player.
Of course we are glad that Silver has not given up and continues to fight, but why is one lady doing all the fighting for an entire alliance filled with grown men?