War: THE PHI MUNCHERS vs Tiny Teddies

DeletedUser

THE PHI MUNCHERS hereby declare war on Tiny Teddies. We make an official war for several reasons. I have previously talked about full transparence and creating joint history. This is our humble contribution to keeping the forums active and to add a bit of story-telling where there is just a big nothing, with only the few people playing in Phi actually being privy to all that's going on. Another reason to declare this war war to help out our friend in Patria, who are fighting against three alliances. However, at the moment it seems as if they don't really need any help, pushing their enemies back on all fronts and coming close to compeltely dissolving Chimera.

It's been a long time since we decided that Tiny Teddies were our enemies, and we have been going after them for a while. They are our natural rivals to domination of ocean 54. However, our alliance has one grown to a size where we can do full scale war within the last few weeks. Lately, there have been a lot of small skirmishes are a lot of spying between us and Tiny Teddies. However, there has only been one recent conquest, where we took a city from Damir Dambo the other day. While at the start of their war with Patria, Tiny Teddies seemed to have no interest in wasting city slots in ocean 54, they Teddies have been expanding heavily in our area for the last 2-3, taking all the inactives. We have pried some of the inactive cities form their hands as we wished to push them out of our area. I see their change in tactics as a retreat, knowing they won't be able to expand their fronts against Patria. Hopefully, though, it also means they are still trying to keep ocean 54 as their base and stronghold.

Tiny Teddies are an admirable alliance and a worthy enemy. They numbers have slowly diminished, though. They currently have 16 active players, five of which are on vacation mode. They differ in their skill and knowledge of the game, but generally they are all quite skilled players. They seem like one of the most disciplined alliances in Phi, in constantly attacking together and rebuilding, leading Tiny Teddies to be second ranked alliance in battle points. Saxen appears to be the brain behind the show they've put up sow far, coordinating, making the right moves and going in front in the battles. The two Texan friends, the eloquent haldira and the eager hornslongtx, are both in vacation mode, and I hope they will come back as they are sorely missed as enemies.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Conquest attempts against Berlin - part 1

Since Berlin is my forward city, where I can sting Tiny Teddies and be a thorn in their eye, there have made a few conquest attempts at it.

The first two conquest attempts stem back from mid August, when I was still a fairly small player. I was just about to log off the game, when out of the blue, I see Saxen sending his first clearing wave for the attack some way out. I don't hesitate and immediate send almost all my defensive units to the city. A friend's friend (Flatulance7, friend of my very good friend dijotrija) was already keeping a good amount of defensive units in the city as thanks for me helping him out, sacrificing all of mine when a conquest attempt from HaruFrama was launched at him. Tiny Teddies had been sending small attacks at the city for a while, and he wanted to help me gain some battle points. Soon, two more waves are added. Nothing happens for a while, but suddenly a lot of support and attacks connect, and the train is rolling. hornslongtx sends me a message, checking if I'm online and sounding fairly confident that they'll make the capture. I set there contemplating my options of a defensive snipe, but go for full battle points instead. The attacks arrive, hammering down all but a few of my defenses:

hwcpqv.jpg

4vlswl.jpg

14bhszr.jpg

210n3v5.jpg

14wyja8.jpg

nlakrc.jpg

2vsg2fm.jpg

2sbwdvm.jpg

nnme0g.jpg

33vgu3m.jpg

2qs89pc.jpg

2rhl7ol.jpg

33kwxvb.jpg

2d9dblv.jpg

DeletedUser

Conquest attempts against Berlin - part 2

After this hornslongtx frantically spied and depleted the 250K silver I had in the city. They knew they were good for another go and sent another conquest attempt to try agian. Fortunately, by then, some extra support had arrived from one of my allies, bailing me out.

2060i89.jpg

307ojtw.jpg

2nuomd3.jpg

2mow68k.jpg

15i5feb.jpg

2uoqvkl.jpg

sav22t.jpg

o10t5f.jpg

xoib2p.jpg

309h4c2.jpg

110heex.jpg

2e0spp1.jpg

2yl5q8j.jpg

2a8l45h.jpg

DeletedUser

Conquest attempts against Berlin - part 3

So, as I expected, things were fairly quiet around Berlin after that. I kney they expected me to keep 300-700 biremes there as I did usually (well, mostly it was one of my allies who liked to get her biremes killed, being stuck on full population and needing to change the composition of her cities), but I didn't. As I knew more conquest attempts would come but could have my limited defense immodbile by pre-stationing units, I decided the most effective move would be to convert Berlin fra a bireme city to a defensive city. Berlin was a very isolated city, all the way down south in ocean 54, while the rest of my cities were up north. I decided to make the most effective defense this game offers; a cerberi defense. I kept some free population room for light ships, of course. Once they figured out that I didn't have biremes in the city any more, they did make a few attempts to catch my light ships, but I've mainly kept them fleetsaves. Other than that, nothing much really happened before tims940 spied on my city. He spent two times 100K silver and after that I knew he got through. My city was not sitting ducks. A neighbour that I had previously helped out had kept a good amount of defensive units in my city ever since the first two conquest attempts, but due to being under heavy attacks, he had to withdraw his units. So, the city was now just defending itself.

Three days after the espionage, a 5 hour support-mission from tims940 was suddenly heading towards my city. I reacted instantly, and sent most of my defensive in support of the city a few seconds after his support-mission was launched. Still, as it turned out, all my support, except some of my biremes, arrived late, all landing between 30 seconds and 5 minutes after all the attacks had landed. As it turns out, it didn't matter, since biremes did the trick. It was a half-hearted conquest attempt, and I think maye the defensive in the city coud have stood against it alone.

4htoyg.jpg

fcl7x3.jpg

w6xymp.jpg

dd2rfq.jpg

2rxy6o5.jpg

knlgm.jpg

aea6wj.jpg

jufxup.jpg

rjjlhz.jpg

DeletedUser

BP raids against Tiny Teddies

Since the start of August, I have been conducting BP raids against Tiny Teddies from my forward city Berlin. I was still fairly new to the game, but I had figured out that the easiest battle points you can get is light ships fighting against other light ships. So, I figured out when these guys would be offline and started hitting them as often as I could. Almost every Tiny Teddies I hit would retaliate and send attacks from 1-3 cities against my city, donating quite cheap battle points. The attacks were hopeless, and really made these guys look quite helpless without the guiding hand of Saxen. Especially Lord Korrondo was very kind to me, donating his units almost as soon as he built them.

A few examples of my raids:

w9jtk2.jpg

2qtd9af.jpg

2i8zwpf.jpg

2v26v6a.jpg

2z9aa6c.jpg

20sdf0x.jpg

2u90t4m.jpg

b5gmio.jpg

303bjao.jpg

11qgw02.jpg

15heesn.jpg

r0rsec.jpg

DeletedUser

Conquest of Silverville

Some weeks ago, Damir Dambo had swept in and taken some cities of inactive players. I managed to stop him from taking some of the cities he wanted to take, but was too occupied to stop him from taking all of thim. This meant that he had three cities in our area that were close enough to be used as launch platforms for conquest attacks against us - something we could not allow. I shared the two islands where he had his cities one, so I had a good chance to launch at them if an opportunity every presented itself. I tested him out, and he proved to be online most of the time. He seemed to be a quick and skilled defender.

The first time I tried to take one of his cities, I launched divertionary attacks at all his cities, but support and attack, spying all the cities to see how he moved his troops around. Two of the cities were bireme cities and one was a light ships city. In hopes of depleting the biremes in one of his bireme cities, I had asked one of my members to attack it two days earlier. However, he had dodged and only killed off the light ships attack that he could get support for, so I knew he was still full on biremes in both cities. I knew early on in my attacks that he was online, but I had to follow through with my plans as my diversions wouldn't work a second time around. My spy reports showed me that he had dodged my light ships attacks in his light ship city while, within an hour, planting 1700 biremes in the city that would take me only 16 minutes to reach by colony ship. My original hope had been to wear down the biremes in that city and launch before he could react. However, now my best chance was his light ship city. I knew that his other bireme city could have its biremes back in 20 minutes (it would take my 33 minutes to reach it). It would take me 56 minutes to reach his light ship city, but my hopes was to catch him offline to 20 minutes (since no conquest attack had been launched and my reminaing light ships attacks were still some way out) or that he had sent his light ships too far way to recall them. However, he managed to get his light ships back in time and made a defensive snipe with them:

2vd16oy.jpg

Some days later, we made another attempt at one of his bireme cities, but he managed to get 700 biremes there in time for the attack, which was enough, since we were short on light ships that could reach the city quickly (had we decided to make a slower attack, several hundred more could have reach the city in time). Many transports were sunk, and we ended up giving him over 15K battle points while only gaining around 7K ourselves. We did manage to deplete his bireme cities of biremes, though, which would prove crucial later. With one of my diversionary attacks, I also found out that he had stationed enough transports in his light ship city for around 5.000 defensive units.

The day after our previous attack, we had another go, with me being stubborn as I am. This time it worked out. I had sent land attacks from the same island to check how many biremes he kept in his cities. It turned out that kept 1700 bireme in the city that we hit last time, and which we intended to hit again, but only kept 500 biremes in the city that would take me 16 minutes to reach with my colony ship. So, we went for the city with 500 biremes, knowing that all his support would be tied up elsewhere and he would be able to send any more in the two hours that our first light ships would take to reach the city. All attacks would hit within nine seconds of each other. However, due to having to time the colony ship after the clearing attacks, we had to go for a safe timing (13 seconds after the last clearing wave), and with a little bad luck with the anti-timer, this left left 21 seconds for Damir to snipe the conquest attack. He would also have 20 seconds to break the conquest before the first support arrived. As I was still rebuilding in the city from which I launched my conquest attack, his 33 biremes would actually have been enough. However, Damir was having a tought time, with his child in the hospital, and wasn't able to defend optimally. His defensive snipe with the biremes ended up as an offensive snipe, which didn't quite work out. Being busy coordinating everything within the alliance, I even forgot to put a spell on my conquest-attack to protect it, but luck seemed to be on our side, as Damir has depleted his Poseidon favor through Sea Storm the previous days and surely for rebuilding after our last attack. So, we ended up taking the city. Tiny Teddies never felt like trying to stop us, since we had stationed 6000 biremes to hold the city.

2vws45i.jpg

2i9szr.jpg

2zokw1f.jpg

a0ezwp.jpg

2qty975.jpg

opuy4l.jpg

m741oi.jpg

bds4ys.jpg

20h7bt.jpg

2wfv9dl.jpg

slobo.c

Strategos
WOW!!!
Only to say that
You are one of the greatest fighters that I know
I have much respect to you mate!!!

DeletedUser

I never reed so much ;)

But this was fun...great job Asjo

I owe you + rep ( i guess i + rep you recently )

DeletedUser18740

Oh man why now, was just about to leave this world.
I liked you much better when you where just a little pain in the backyard :p
Don't think you get much of a war tho. Patria is eating up the server fast, and people are leaving it even faster.

DeletedUser

I'm sorry to hear, mate :(

Hopefully, I declared this war before it's too late :p ... I mean, you might not be able to beat Patria, but you could take a few cities from us, at least :)

DeletedUser

Oh man why now, was just about to leave this world.
I liked you much better when you where just a little pain in the backyard :p
Don't think you get much of a war tho. Patria is eating up the server fast, and people are leaving it even faster.
Leave section80 in charge. With that guy as the brains behind your operation, things will surely turn around.

DeletedUser

Down-sizing samoborac

A while ago, samoborac left our allies Bored to join Tiny Teddies. He has been in my crosshair ever since, since I despised the move of joining our joint enemies and possibly taking all the info from the shared forums with him. I don't think Bored ever forgave his either.

For a while, samaborac had been a fairly small player, having only six cities when he joined Tiny Teddies. It seemed that he had stagnated a bit. I remember that I had noted him down as a potential target a while back while he was still in Dark Crusade. He had a few big cities south of my area and WOLFPACK had just offered us an offensive pack against his alliance. After leaving Bored from Tiny Teddies, he grew fairly quickly. He stole a few inactive cities right in front of us and also took a city from our allies in Order of the Temple O 54 (albeit an inactive player, since Flatulance7 has given his account to paripooran, an enthusiastic Sri Lankan player who suddenly dissappeared under strange circumstances). samoborac now had a decently sized account, but even though I knew he had played in a good alliance in another world, he still seemed like one of the least active and least experienced Tiny Teddies players. Two weeks ago, when I took out some light ships of his, he messaged me saying: "You get a lot of BP. Are we ok now?". So, he didn't seem to have much fighter spirit either.

So, several hours ago, cajunwolf messages me, suggesting an OP against samoborac. He showed me the following spy report:

96xlqf.jpg

I knew there was a good chance that samoborac would be sleeping, so since the colony ship would only take 1:30 hrs, I just asked cajunwolf to launch right away and give me the arrival time. Two minutes later, our conquest was underway. We could have waited with the CS and send support advance to time the CS to arrive before it, but we just wanted to give the defender as little time as possible to react. The attacks were failry tightly timed, all arriving with five seconds of the colony ship, except the two attacks to clear the harbor that we sent a minute ahead (even though this should probably have been timed more tightly as well).

It would seem that samoborac was indeed offline, but keeps an alf captive to enlist militia while he's asleep. He enlisted militia, but did nothing else - didn't even cast any spells on our attacks, try to dodge our light ships or make an offensive snipe (which would have been done quite easily). So, the attack went through:

nz0ud.jpg

4iisk6.jpg

2qj9lpg.jpg

15s1ox1.jpg

v410fo.jpg

xc2asn.jpg

28tghex.jpg

The city still isn't ours yet, but I don't suppose anything will happen during the siege as samoborac has now become our second target to leave Tiny Teddies, ask to join us, be rejected and then flee to our friends in Patria.

DeletedUser19451

oh this is just beautiful to see how you defended very well! Great job Asjo!

DeletedUser

End of war

I guess I should update this topic for everyone not privy to what's going on. Tiny Teddies were slowly losing and too hard pressed in their fight against Patria. In the end, several of them had decided to quit due to real-life priorities, leaving them unable to fight one. All players that remain in Tiny Teddies have put their accounts into vacation mode or have simply gone inactive. All others have either left to join Patria or to keep fighting Patria in WOLFPACK GAR.

THE PHI MUNCHERS have yet to decide who we will go for next. As it stands, we will likely not be chasing down any remaining members of Tiny Teddies.

DeletedUser

from the herm- so I count Asjo as my buddy- he has sent me resources and troops since I was just a tiny teddy.What I would like to know mate, is, how long did it take to write that lol.