Warfare Analysis - Day 1

• Thread starter DeletedUser17561
  • Start date

DeletedUser17561

Data from Grepostats Sept 2

Not all conquers are equal, especially in war.

Conquers have been taken and scored according to the following schedule:

> 2000 pt city conquer from declared enemy = 2 pts
>2000 pt city loss to anyone = -2 pts
>2000 pt city conquer from entity not declared for specific war = 1 pt
swaps (intra allinace and within allied war coaltion) AND all city transactions < 2000 pts = 0

city transactions of any kind that are less than 2000 pts have been dropped

In addition, data sets have been analyzed and the following reported

Total pts conquered

Total pts lost

allinaceconquer scorepts gainedpts lost
Sesame Street1224,3435,230
Creepy Turtles-117,69924,343
Black Dolphins521,0478,834

Analysis

Day 1 was predominated by SS and CT engaging in military and city exchanges. SS took 8 cities of > 2000 pts. They also had no conquers that were not of a declared enemy, demonstrating tight focus on warfare goals. CT took 1 > 2000 pt city from SS on day 1 and had one off-war conquer of a city > 2000 pts. This indicates some level of resource appropriation to activities other than the war. Given the difference in conquer score and the operational tempo and density of Day 1, this is at best a questionable tactical decision

The Black Dolphins spent Day 1 primarily engaged in off-war city transactions. BD lost no cities to enemies and took 1 > 2000 pt city.

BORG/NanjistanShadow/Dogs - currently are considered non-combatants. No relevant city transactions occurred on Day 1. This is in contrast to the diplomatic stances of some of these alliances, and the probability that some of them will register relevant city transactions in the near term is considered high - although in some cases it might be difficult to distinguish opportunistic conquers from a concerted war effort

Summary/Interpretation

Day 1 was primarily SS and CT interacting. Despite the conquer scores, the day did not have an offense-defense feel to it. I had a city under revolt and I got to see a lot of CT battle reports. CT was organized in attacking and demonstrated above average attack sequencing and timing between multiple players. As the day progressed, CS attack sequences showed a decreased level of constitution (ie - the number and type of troops). There was also at a least one member who immediately switch to a different alliance at the outbreak of hostilities. This should not be over-interpreted, but is notable. CT also had 2 players who lost multiple cities, which I think is overall more demoralizing than 2 players losing 1 city each

The Black Dolphins are notable in that they were the only other alliance to become actively engaged on Day 1 - with one conquer. BD could very quickly ramp up activity and they have an interesting position on the map.

My personal feeling is Nanjistan is simply not geographically situated for this fight. I have tried to cross a long distance to get engaged in a large conflict and it takes longer than you think and you are at a significant disadvantage because you are displaced from your core.

DeletedUser30111

It's important to note that both of BD's targets - Callinectes and Skallagrim - where in CT when their op started and were kicked.
I don't think CT kicked them because of an inability to defend, but they did kick them because of the war, so I'd count that as losses on CT's part.

DeletedUser

They kicked us cause we were supposedly spies or some like that. xD

DeletedUser

Black Dolphins is on which side?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

This may help you guys :p

The Fat Ladies ---> Venus Rimming Agency ---> Suck My Dolphin ---> Project Anti-Venom ---> Black Dolphin ---> Deus ex Tirema
(Thanks to Drabbel for keeping track of the alliance names! :D )

DeletedUser30111

I think it was Suck My Dolphin ---> Project Anti-Venom
But you were close! :D

DeletedUser

Is it like a strategy to change names so you confuse the enemies into making them think its a different alliance when you attack them?

DeletedUser

Is it like a strategy to change names so you confuse the enemies into making them think its a different alliance when you attack them?
nope... but it seems to be a rather nice side effect ;)