Warning due to an affront

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser42956

I feel there is a need for a discussion debate upon this topic and issue, as we are all adults here and within that, if it wasn't for the players who support grepolis, grepolis wouldn't be what they are today. And within this, a freedom of speech right to do such.

I am finding this annoying when it comes to this term grepo uses, "Warning due to an affront" which blanket wraps the issue at hand, instead of showing a player in black and white what they have done to earn these points they toss on you. In which I am going to post my two responses to a support ticket I have presented which has gone unanswered so far, in which 1. they are completely ignoring it, 2. are stumped on how to reply to it.

Dwarfthis 2014-08-14 14:16:38
Warning due to an affront, I didnt know how to approach this upon a support ticket so I used this one

Grepolis today at 14:00
You were reported by one of your fellow players for sending an inappropriate message. You currently have 18 points. If you exceed 24 points, your account will be temporarily disabled.

I would appreciate it if you could show me, and what proof you have of what I have done to where you have taken upon yourself to add more points. I am one of the leaders of an alliance, I am very careful in what I do as I know players of all ages play this game, one of the reasons I run the type of profile I do and city names to be respectful of things.

But if I dont know what I am doing wrong, especially in this situation right here, being judged without evidence of what I have done. Then I call the kettl;e black and a spade a spade and have that right to challenge this.

Thanks,
Dwarfthis

Dwarfthis 2014-08-14 15:02:35
Warning due to an affront

And this doesn't cut it for me within an explanation of why you have done this. I am 50 yrs old. If your going to play judge, jury, and executioner, one should be able to provide the proof of what a player is doing wrong. This way they can look at it and correct the situation at hand.

I spend a lot of money playing this game. And if those in leadership of grepopolis can not take the time to step up to the plate and provide the proof and evidence, but just a blanketed excuse to take points away from a player. Then it shows the lack of maturity and respect for its players who take the time to play this game day in day out and within the players who support the game, when you start playing judge, jury, and executioner.

I would think you all would approach this in a new light when it comes to these matters instead of a blanket wrap excuse.

We are adults here who spend the time and money within things to help make this site what it is.

Thanks once again,
Dwarfthis

The first time, I got hit with this, I didnt really think much of it as I know there is a multitude of all ages who play this game and parents who may be looking over their kids shoulder, and I try to keep things clean and respectful due to that fact for I would want to be able to see a kid of my own, which they are all grown now, being able to play a game that is respectful within that nature due to the multitude of ages that play it.
And as I stated above, the reason I run the profile and city names when it comes to this game within using a theme such as Alice in wonderland, Wizard of OZ.

But if the establishment of Grepo cann't come forth within a clear response and explanation of what a player has done as such "little johnny has done this and here it is in black and white" instead of a blanket wrapped response. Then I think they need to revisit the issues at hand.

Todays world has changed a lot within things when it comes to what is and what isn't when it comes to comments.
Prime example from the days of "All in the Family" with archie bunker which now some people in todays society find offensive. But in that time and era no one said anything.

I am curious to what this discussion and debate will bring forth within comments to where perhaps Grepolis will get a better insight of suggestions to perhaps help them in future issues to where they can be resolved in a better fashion than they are now within a blanket wrapped solution which doesnt explain nor show what has been done so the player can actually see what has been done and correct the issue. And Grepo doesn't have to give the players name who filed the complaint either. As they can take part of that conversation "highlight it" and say this is why, can you as an adult take care of this issue so it doesnt happen again.

Thanks,
Dwarfthis

“If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?”

DeletedUser46838

Dwarfthis said:
I feel there is a need for a discussion debate upon this topic and issue, as we are all adults here and within that, if it wasn't for the players who support grepolis, grepolis wouldn't be what they are today. And within this, a freedom of speech right to do such. ...I am curious to what this discussion and debate will bring forth within comments to where perhaps Grepolis will get a better insight of suggestions to perhaps help them in future issues to where they can be resolved in a better fashion than they are now within a blanket wrapped solution which doesnt explain nor show what has been done so the player can actually see what has been done and correct the issue. And Grepo doesn't have to give the players name who filed the complaint either. As they can take part of that conversation "highlight it" and say this is why, can you as an adult take care of this issue so it doesnt happen again.

Ill tell you one thing I know about mods. Either the game mods are "trained" to issue responses like a robot or their messages come from a "message box" or something. Oh this player made this type of request. So I m going to reply with *this* type of reply...

Lol I've seen the INNO Tv some of you people are no more than 20

DeletedUser42956

Well I hate to tell you Rock5, I just turned 50 june 4th of this yr, I don't play games when it comes to this type of stuff. This new generation is kind of like the new generation of truck drivers I deal with on a daily basis on the big road who cannt keep a rig off the center line going down the interstate and have no respect as those who drove those rigs in the past did, and the cars as well who cannt read a speed limit going into a construction zone as they are in a big hurry to go no where.

If a player cann't be honest within things as perhaps this new generation who also have fallen to the status of having no respect for their elders these days. Then I feel sorry for the person and the player within things.

DeletedUser42956

It should bring about a warning from a forum mod ;)

And why should it bring about a warning from a forum mod? If people can not have a discussion debate on a topic within a civil manor to bring perhaps helpful insight on an issue that needs to be addressed, then they cann't take constructive criticism to help resolve problems and issues.

DeletedUser46838

Dear Mods of any kind,

I feel like you mods are hypocrites. You say you can't say inappropriate things on the forums (internal/external), but you say nasty words on the forum. I.E.

Inappropriate:
Rimmed
Going to rim you

Appropriate:
I'm going to send you to the rim of Olynthus

I firmly believe this is inappropriate and should be removed from your glossary because of inappropriate content.

Bye,

AM2

Really now?! Inappropriateness at its height

DeletedUser

snitches suck, mods have to enforce rules they hate, and lots of them quit because of it... end of story.

DeletedUser

tbh, mods should actually do there job properly not half heartedly, you need to provide hard evidence to justify your actions.

DeletedUser17561

I got one of these - although I am not so much unclear on what I did but which instance actually got reported

There is a big "black box" element to any sort of reporting process. If you think someone is cheating the reply you get back basically says you will not be informed of the investigation or the results

I have often wondered, for people who play with gold and are effectively buying a product, if there are consumer protection laws that address this

I am not saying that is the appropriate avenue

As for kids playing - they do and it is sad. I have kids and I would never let them waste this kind of time sitting in front of a computer watching a countdown timer.

DeletedUser42956

I got one of these - although I am not so much unclear on what I did but which instance actually got reported

There is a big "black box" element to any sort of reporting process. If you think someone is cheating the reply you get back basically says you will not be informed of the investigation or the results

I have often wondered, for people who play with gold and are effectively buying a product, if there are consumer protection laws that address this

I am not saying that is the appropriate avenue

As for kids playing - they do and it is sad. I have kids and I would never let them waste this kind of time sitting in front of a computer watching a countdown timer.

That would be a good question "if there are any consumer protection laws that address this" because we are paying for a product that we are using and playing. Valid Point and to only get a blanket wrapped explanation within things when approached on matters at hand when it comes to the rules breached without concrete evidence put forth to the player on a product he or she is paying for.

Nice thresher123

J.n.c 1993

Strategos
*Sigh*

Thread closed... Talking about Ingame warnings regardless of the reason is forbidden on the community forums as it pretty much comes under ban discussion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.