Wars

DeletedUser54850

Can anyone confirm the rumours that REPO and Thermopylae have canceled their pact?

DeletedUser54775

My understanding is that it was a mutual agreement given how passive the world has become.

DeletedUser54886

Na - nothing mutual about it... They sent our leadership a message - you have 2 weeks till we attack... end of story...

DeletedUser54192

Na - nothing mutual about it... They sent our leadership a message - you have 2 weeks till we attack... end of story...
That's funny, because on the same day that Thermo decided to go to war with REPO, REPO leadership announced their intentions to turn against Thermo. Notice the fact that they were turning against Thermo, rather than 'being betrayed' or 'being turned on' by Thermo.

And a 2 week warning is rather generous, Kreeos, so I have no idea what you have to complain about. HEROES gave Mallorean Empire absolutely no warning that we would be turned red. We were told that we would be turned red at the time that it happened, and several players came under heavy attack within 3 hours of that. We definitely complained a lot about something like this, especially given that, from our perspective, it was a rather dishonourable backstab by the then-diplomat of HEROES (note - much of their leadership has changed since then, including their diplomat, so this doesn't reflect on their current leadership). Flying Myth Units merged into Enigma with no warning to their allies in Drunks, and instantly started fighting Drunks. In Nagidos, TINAD just declared war on Bloods, a long term ally/NAP of theirs, giving them 1 day to prepare. Again, I'd see that as a bit unfair. I'm sure there are other events of little-no warning in wars starting between pacted/NAP'd teams on this server or on others, I just can't list them all. However, here you are, complaining about being given 2 weeks to prepare for a war? Even on world speed 1, 2 weeks is a long time to prepare.

Might I remind you that I actually warned you approximately 3 weeks ago that you would have to fight Thermo at some point? And the rumours about the world closing are only going to increase the chances of more wars and changes, in order to try and give players more excitement and a greater incentive to stay.

DeletedUser48954

Kal, do you know that thermo attacked repo after 4 days of peace(not after 2 week, as they said)?

DeletedUser54192

Kal, do you know that thermo attacked repo after 4 days of peace(not after 2 week, as they said)?
No, I didn't know about that. I'm not in Thermo or Repo, nor do I have access to their forums. I was merely replying to Kreeos' claim that the end of the pact was entirely Thermo's choice. If Thermo doesn't honour any deal they chose to make with REPO, there is nothing I can do even if I wanted to. Although I have to say, 2 weeks would be pretty generous considering that most alliances (the exception being the Mayhem-Mummies deal, although apparently Mayhem forced several date changes and took in Exiles players after promising to help kill them, so not being entirely fair there from what I heard) seem to give you very little time in this game.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser54886

I am not complaining, but it was not a mutual agreement... basically some of the leadership in Thermopylae for whatever reason (they claim they heard a rumour Inno would shut the server due to inactivity - load of BS) wanted to fight REPO... and for this and this alone they broke the pact... I have no problems with a pact being broken as such... your right it sucks, but it happens... What I do have issue with is it was said that we mutually agreed to break pact, that is not true...

DeletedUser54192

I am not complaining, but it was not a mutual agreement... basically some of the leadership in Thermopylae for whatever reason (they claim they heard a rumour Inno would shut the server due to inactivity - load of BS) wanted to fight REPO... and for this and this alone they broke the pact... I have no problems with a pact being broken as such... your right it sucks, but it happens... What I do have issue with is it was said that we mutually agreed to break pact, that is not true...
A couple of points here:
- On the same day as Thermo leadership told us that they were definitely declaring war on REPO, REPO leadership told our leadership that they were turning against Thermo. Once again, 'turning against' not 'being turned on by'. I don't know who told who first, but REPO leaders were definitely actively turning against Thermo at the same time as Thermo were turning against REPO, according to your own leaders when they communicated with one of our leaders.
- Actually, that rumour has been around for a while, and I worry that it is true. I don't think it would have been closed immediately, but with active player numbers in a downward spiral, we would not reach WW stage before the world was closed, in my opinion. If Thermopylae want to do something about that downward spiral by sparking interest with a new war, then good on them for helping to try and keep this server alive.

DeletedUser54886

As a member of the leadership - I can tell you your leaders have seen the communications from Therm... not sure what you are told, but the facts are as stated...

WW stage always occurs.. Inno decrease the requirement for WW to occur each month in a world so unless you get huge numbers leaving suddenly every world goes into WW... plus this world has more than 1000 active players still far more than some other worlds... so its nothing but BS...

DeletedUser54192

As a member of the leadership - I can tell you your leaders have seen the communications from Therm... not sure what you are told, but the facts are as stated...

WW stage always occurs.. Inno decrease the requirement for WW to occur each month in a world so unless you get huge numbers leaving suddenly every world goes into WW... plus this world has more than 1000 active players still far more than some other worlds... so its nothing but BS...
Perhaps REPO leadership should be more careful in what it says to people. Because the way it was passed on was that you guys were actively turning on Thermo as well.

Also, WW stage always occurs if the world stays open long enough. And there are a few other things:
- Summer is the time of year with the highest amount of players going inactive, according to a lot of people that I've spoken to.
- I guess that 150+ of those active players are just hanging around, either gold trading, or waiting for the next server with their ideal settings. Those players won't stay forever. There are a fair few players sitting around with just 1 city, who I would assume are some (but not all) of the ones hanging around.
- En99 is very similar to Mesembria. Morale, unit speed 2, revolt. The only noticeable differences are the alliance cap (so many alliances have academies in low cap worlds that alliance cap doesn't matter until WW stage) and the world speed, which is a little higher. For many, it will be seen as a better Mesembria, and they will probably end up quitting here due to the lure of world speed 2. I doubt many new players will join this world due to the settings for Selymbria, so we won't be replacing people unless we can drag in friends from other servers, or a few people decide to join for some late-game fun in a morale world to screw around with the big teams (unlikely).
- The rumours about the world closing have been going around for a while, so it's not some lie or excuse by Thermo.

DeletedUser54941

We gave two weeks notice but REPO players attacked us almost straight away. We contacted the Baron and he ( as usual ) replied with a message saying that he is determined to see this server fail and that Thermo will not get a Crown and give us any BP! ( Interesting! ). We decided the time for talk was over and so we have began our attacks early.
This world probably wont make WW so was it not unreasonable to ask ( in an adult manner ) to break the Pact and attack each other for the right to win the world.?
This is a war game after all...and a lot of payers have invested a lot of time into this world ( probably the slowest ever! )