Way To Go Inno

DeletedUser52860

Lesson 101 in how to sacrifice gameplay for profit?

What we really need now (4 days in to WW's) on the 26th Jan (I would say random but of course timed for the end of the month or as it's better known "pay day") is a scenario where the alliance with the deepest pockets now has a blatant advantage and paid for opportunity to win the server!!!

What a joke, it's blatant, cynical exploitation of your customers Inno.

Disgrace.

DeletedUser53868

Awful , Stupid , HORRIBLE

A WW Race that was super interesting will now become a golded race.

Inno always hits the target when its about sacrificing the gameplay because of money.

Banned in 3, 2, 1

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
Guys, the events are planned a seriously long time in advance and Inno can't check each and every one of every server's worlds to see if one is about to hit the WW age right before the pre-planned event. Nobody saw that WW's were about to start and decided now would be the best time to come up with an event, code it, test it, and activate it just in time to unbalance a specific world. WW starting on this world and an event happening close to the same time is just a coincidence.

Pro-Grep

Strategos
I guess Baudin really got point in his post and to be honest this event isn't the main problem of this game. Problem is that day by day this game becomes more and more gold "addicted" and gold users get more and more advantages. That's the problem, old Grepolis was really legendary game which will be missed I guess by all real supports of this game.

DeletedUser53998

Couldn't the event have been disabled for any sever that currently have WW activated ? I know you said that it planned in advance but couldn't you check before any events are released and not add them to WW Worlds. I know Inno is a company so you do have to make profit but surly not having events on a few worlds for a month or so until a winner is determined would not have much of an impact?

Edit: Just realised that top players get trade movement boosters that really does effect WW huge amount.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser23146

Guys, the events are planned a seriously long time in advance

Oh no. Its hard to change a conditional to test for a year after the last time the event has happened.
Couldn't the event have been disabled for any sever that currently have WW activated ?

Yes, they can, but Inno won't tell you that.

That's the problem, old Grepolis was really legendary game which will be missed I guess by all real supports of this game.

I guess the profit they got from millions of users in a balanced game is a lot less than the few gold whores that practically fund Inno vacation homes in Hawaii.

jameslongst

Strategos
William J. Le Petomane: [pointing to a member of his cabinet] I didn't get a "harrumph" out of that guy!

Hedley Lamarr: Give the Governor harrumph!

Politician: Harrumph!

DeletedUser

I was pointed to this thread, as I heard there was some tears here, funny - I could barely see the topic due to the blinding reflection of the sunlight outside streaming through my window and bouncing off of all of the huge piles of gold I'm sat on over here.

Anyway, I'd like to point out that most TOP alliances in Grepolis these days have a mandatory % salary contribution to Gold per month, my alliance has been stacking gold up since the last event so perhaps any losing alliances out there should re-consider their recruitment requirements!

~ Slingy ~

DeletedUser28198

I was pointed to this thread, as I heard there was some tears here, funny - I could barely see the topic due to the blinding reflection of the sunlight outside streaming through my window and bouncing off of all of the huge piles of gold I'm sat on over here.

Anyway, I'd like to point out that most TOP alliances in Grepolis these days have a mandatory % salary contribution to Gold per month, my alliance has been stacking gold up since the last event so perhaps any losing alliances out there should re-consider their recruitment requirements!

~ Slingy ~

In other words - "Embrace pay to win so you can be successful like us."

DeletedUser41523

I don't play here, but honestly the event sounds like it would be more fun for WW to be honest. Think about it you're spending all your res on wonders and now you can go fight too. And on a unit speed 1 with tons of DLU, cerb, medusa, peg, and hydra tokens available really nobody should be breaking into your wonders. And you should be able to use the favor boosts to make it more competitive. Or your myths to favor farm front line cities to drain their favor boosting.

DeletedUser41165

its funny that the allience who did drag this WW era the event is complaining about it

they are complaining about not deep enough pockets when if they didnt drag it out for 10 days it would have ended by now

DeletedUser52759

its funny that the allience who did drag this WW era the event is complaining about it

they are complaining about not deep enough pockets when if they didnt drag it out for 10 days it would have ended by now

Hadn't thought about it that way, although, if they did it earlier I think they would have been lined up poorly for wonders.

DeletedUser54055

Hadn't thought about it that way, although, if they did it earlier I think they would have been lined up poorly for wonders.
If they had formed their alliance when the world was at 230-240million points instead of stalling for some reason they wouldn't have had a problem. I might just buy gold to piss them off like they pissed us off.

DeletedUser53868

Ok, I agree with you all on that part, Interlude, don't cry when you guys decided to delay this, otherwise this would be over already, there would be no events to mess it up.

But Sing, please don't buy gold, don't forget that your TF-LB friends are poor :(

DeletedUser23146

And don't you dare put money into this pay-to-win game.

nhqaUHR.jpg

You managed for several years. What happened, Inno? :^)