We have a winner.

DeletedUser

I started this world on day one (my main city is #125) and have followed events in O55 closely since then.
I was part of the 9-week wonder that was COIG, leapfrogging the Romanians to the top of the leaderboard. Then I saw the better-organised alliances push through - United Aegean Republic and Army of Aliens. Always, simmering underneath, low in number but high in potential were Phenomen and Molon Labe.
(Those weird, foreign names were actually the more thoughful and relevant ones in a game based around the classical Greek world.)
In turn, the mid-season leaders fractured and crumbled. In O55 a super-alliance came out of the pieces called SYNERGY, which lasted a few weeks and disintegrated in turn. Xmortis had numbers but little co-ordination.
The last month has seen Phenomen slowly but surely eating up the rest. A few of their allies are bypassed, but all serious opposition has been squeezed out.
O55 is now a Phenomen ocean. As a neutral I have to hand them the laurels.
No one moves there without their permission and, apart from the splashing of their oars everything is quiet there now.
Good for them, but really the end of the game for me - no attacks, no spies caught in flagrate delicto, no victory processions, just endless city festivals.

Things have to end some way or other, and that's how it's gone in O55. I shall retire to nurture my famed collection of orchids now. All credit to Phenomen and Kadjayuni - ridiculous name! (I hope it's not your real one ):). He has kept the organisation together and targeted for nearly a year now, and that is no mean feat. Plenty of others have tried and failed.

The world rolls on, and the new release may inject a spasm of life, but for my money the election is over and the results are in. Others may quibble over recounts or hanging chads, cherish the taking or retention of an odd seat or two, or simply sit tight and wait for everyone else to get bored and walk away. Not me.

So congrats Phenomen - worthy winners.

DeletedUser

There was a thread about names somewhere...

Kadj/(i) is archaic Japanese for Fire
Uni is 1 in latin

Interpretation of the name is Being of the Fire.

DeletedUser8362

There was a thread about names somewhere...

Kadj/(i) is archaic Japanese for Fire
Uni is 1 in latin

Interpretation of the name is Being of the Fire.

a little of topic... But now your siggeh makes sence :p

DeletedUser

You take things too serious here Kad.

I want more posts like in the Deli :)

DeletedUser

yeah man those were awesome... Anyway back on topic

Imma sad that COIG is gone for good now :(
No, COIG is still going - it's just me now.
I still do charity gigs now and then for disabled veterans and once a year, usually at Xmas, a few of us get together and dance on Tictac's grave.

DeletedUser8362

I still do charity gigs now and then for disabled veterans and once a year, usually at Xmas, a few of us get together and dance on Tictac's grave.

Ohh geez i thoughts that you was quitting, no?

DeletedUser

no, I'm just throwing things at him every now and again, to keep him awake :p

DeletedUser

Yeah he is "retiring" :D
I think "shy and retiring" is the correct expression.
I'm mothballing my cities till the new farming system kicks in and will review then. I just can't be bothered to farm with 20+ cities - it's giving me RSI.
Plus, I've no ememies left and I can't be bothered to make new ones.
Everything has to end sometime.

DeletedUser

Oh wow! LOLz my first alliance was COIG until that moron tictac or whatever it was did that lousy move. Woke up one day and kaboom...no more COIG. Good to see you still around Antiochus