We Have All Become Beta Testers

DeletedUser

I'm really getting sick of being a Beta Tester for Alpha, especially when I'm paying to play this game

Sequence of Login events:
I click on Grepolis and it takes almost a minute to get the login screen
I click on Alpha and it takes up to 90 seconds to get into the game
I am then presented with a dark screen
I click on reload page to get access, to clear the response error
I then click on Alliance Forum and up pops the egg timer for another response error
That can take from 60 seconds to 90 seconds to clear
This happens over and over again

I start sending resources to a World Wonder and I get the egg timer and have to refresh and go back to Ranking then curser across to World Wonders, then click on Go To to get to the correct World Wonder then click on the World Wonder again to get access, to start sending resources again
Sometimes it puts erroneous data in Resource Amount boxes and you have to clear it to put the correct amount in
Then the other resources boxes, top right, get overlaid with red info and you can't read them
You have to Refresh again, to clear it and back to Ranking then World Wonders etc: etc: to be able to carry on
This will happen 10 to 15 times while sending from over 160 Cities
My frustration level goes up and up and up, until I feel like saying screw this
This isn't a game worth playing, when all this is happening over and over again
There is never a mass mail apology from INNOGames to all the members enduring this grief
No free Gold for the Premium players for all the grief they are enduring, while paying to keep INNOGames in business
Why couldn't they just leave Alpha alone, or test it properly, before upgrading it :(

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I get the same, although it doesn't take that long. When I first enter grep if I try to open messages or access forums it gives me the egg-timer and I have to restart the whole browser before it gets anywhere, then I still get a black screen while loading for donkeys.

DeletedUser

It's simple, playing this game/paying for it is not mandatory ;) Inno guys are giving their best, if that's not enough for someone... just leave ;)))

Majority of us have voted for switch to 2.0 (just for the record I haven't), thats why they upgraded our world to v2. What we wanted that's what we got, and wishes of 50+ percent of the players should be respected.

Considering the fact that most of us are 2+ years here, I wouldn't say that they are doing bad job ;) A bit more QA before releases would be appreciated but game look nice and innovative, so keep up the good work INNO...

DeletedUser

2.0 was tested and working fine before the upgrade on 1.0. I'm not a techy but it appears there weren't issues which were picked up on either beta or implemeting on other worlds.

The devs are looking at this but in order for them to pinpoint the problem they need some basic information from you.

There is a thread set up for players to post information on:
http://forum.en.grepolis.com/showthread.php?t=31111

We need this information so that we may inform the developers of the game with a detailed explanation of what is happening.

DeletedUser

It's simple, playing this game/paying for it is not mandatory ;) Inno guys are giving their best, if that's not enough for someone... just leave ;)))

Majority of us have voted for switch to 2.0 (just for the record I haven't), thats why they upgraded our world to v2. What we wanted that's what we got, and wishes of 50+ percent of the players should be respected.

Considering the fact that most of us are 2+ years here, I wouldn't say that they are doing bad job ;) A bit more QA before releases would be appreciated but game look nice and innovative, so keep up the good work INNO...
God you are sooooooo predictable Neko
I might of guessed that you would take this opportunity to disagree with me, even if I am 100% right about the issues we are having to endure. :D

DeletedUser

it is look like its fix

the log problem it looks like it fix i hope thats the case it was an annoying problem (and i understand the plp who pay to be more upset),
but keep in mind that they decide to make the chances at the end of the year with the holidays and some problems they would be taking longer to be fix ( maybe they count not too many plp to play for that reason )
And the game is free to the rest of us cause some plp pay (im pretty sure innogames they dont have the games open for everyone if it was nt profitable for them )
I hope the problems are fix and happy new year every one

DeletedUser

The bugs are annoying, however we ust remember the game is FREE. If you choose to buy gold that is your choice, but subscription costs do not apply so for a free game I am prepared to put up with the occasional glitch.
For what its worth, I was one of the few that voted NOT to have 2.0 come to Alpha, and I dont like most of the changes, but it is still one of the best free games I have found, hence I am still here!

DeletedUser

2.0 was tested and working fine before the upgrade on 1.0. I'm not a techy but it appears there weren't issues which were picked up on either beta or implemeting on other worlds.

The devs are looking at this but in order for them to pinpoint the problem they need some basic information from you.

There is a thread set up for players to post information on:
http://forum.en.grepolis.com/showthread.php?t=31111

We need this information so that we may inform the developers of the game with a detailed explanation of what is happening.

Maybe they should just try playing the game for half a hour to see for themselves or is that too simple ?

DeletedUser4013

Or maybe you should realize Spookytooth that the Mods are voluteers and players themselves.

TI, I have found that by using the 'Save This Location' feature I can access my alliance's wonders much easier. As for the lags and response errors, these are not happening in the same way for all players. Some players are having to deal with it, others are not. As Lozza stated, there were no issues like this with 2.0 Worlds before the 1.26 Worlds update. Many of these issues arose after the update with our server and with the 2.16 update. Until then, 2.0 was working fine for many players.

DeletedUser

I voted no for the record :)

During the voting process, I have already experienced 2.0 and didn't like it.
Why couldn't they have gave the players an opportunity to experience 2.0 before letting them decide?

I am using Google Chrome which speeds things up.
Login: Click and wait 5 seconds, I am in. No difference compared to 1.0.
Then, I click alpha. I see this dark screen with this load bar for five minutes.
I refresh, and this screen's load bar goes full, and I wait 1 minute before I go to my city overview.

The WW resource screen is fine, no issue for me.
The thing that I HATE is that the resources for the city takes so long to change! When I switch cities, the resources and pop of the last city is still on my screen. This is really annoying, because I do not know exactly how much I have in the city at that time.

DeletedUser

Or maybe you should realize Spookytooth that the Mods are voluteers and players themselves.

I ment the developers not the mod,s they are payed to do a job.If handed over a house in the condition they have left the game i wouldn't get any more work

DeletedUser

Spooky was referring to the devs, not the mods.

......Many of these issues arose after the update with our server and with the 2.16 update. Until then, 2.0 was working fine for many players.
Exactly. I really think that 2.16 is the key. 1.26 was updated to 2.xx at the same time as 2.15 was updated to 2.16, thus 1.26 went directly to 2.16, leading many people to believe the jump from 1.26 to 2.xx is causing the issues. I've already posted that thought in the sticky bugsection thread a few days aog.

DeletedUser

The bugs are annoying, however we ust remember the game is FREE. If you choose to buy gold that is your choice, but subscription costs do not apply so for a free game I am prepared to put up with the occasional glitch.
For what its worth, I was one of the few that voted NOT to have 2.0 come to Alpha, and I dont like most of the changes, but it is still one of the best free games I have found, hence I am still here!

Smart man talking!!!

DeletedUser

I have to congratulate the Developers
There has been a major improvement in the reliability of Alpha in the last week :)