We were slaves unto Pharaoh in Egypt

DeletedUser

So every time I send resources to those gosh darned Wonders I keep thinking of the phrase "We were slaves unto pharaoh in Egypt" (Deuteronomy, 6:21) and imagining Ramses II as he is depicted in the 10 Commandments:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0049833/

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm832551680/ch0006186

And frankly I feel like I am hauling the resources out, one unit of wood, stone or silver at a time. So yes, it's annoying.

The only thing that keeps me sending out those resources is the fact that the people I've been working with for months to more than a year are also sending out those resources. These are the guys that watched my back and sent support when I was being attacked. They're the ones I lost biremes and land troops for. They are the ones I've had long messages with from topics ranging from the game to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. They are the ones that I have Skyped with where we've discussed such weighty topics as Indian Food and Walmart and where exactly TE members live and how it is that they like launch attacks on Saturday night to land Sunday morning. And I can watch the resources bar as I'm doing it and see that we're all in the same boat and they are sending resources as well.

So I wonder what's it like if you were recently a rank and file member of The 13th and are now a new member of TE. It's probably OK for Graeme but for everyone else, how can it feel like you are schlepping resources for the team? It's gotta feel like you are schlepping for Pharaoh in Egypt. I mean you guys haven't fought together, you haven't developed intra-alliance working relationships, you haven't talked to each other enough to know each other. Or has there been something happening all along that we don't know about?

Just wondering.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

So....

Your alliance was getting destroyed, now you feel better about yourself joining the people who were implementing the butt kicking and think of them as your savoir, and come out with a message like this? LOL Love how you think you are a species of intelligence and then spout something like this dribble to prove yourself wrong, too funny....

Congrats for having fun Sim Playing, you are a true legend of Grep. Hell, with all those BPs in a war game, how couldn't you be? LOL Stick to doctoring, at least then you can use big words and confuse people into thinking you have an IQ ;) Don't think I have seen a post from you that made sense yet LOL

DeletedUser

So....

Your alliance was getting destroyed, now you feel better about yourself joining the people who were implementing the butt kicking and think of them as your savoir, and come out with a message like this? LOL Love how you think you are a species of intelligence and then spout something like this dribble to prove yourself wrong, too funny....

Congrats for having fun Sim Playing, you are a true legend of Grep. Hell, with all those BPs in a war game, how couldn't you be? LOL Stick to doctoring, at least then you can use big words and confuse people into thinking you have an IQ ;) Don't think I have seen a post from you that made sense yet LOL

Too funny for me -- must have hit a nerve here!

As to big words, what, you don't like the names of my cities? It's just technical jargon that helps me keep track of them.

DeletedUser

A nerve? LOL Yeah, the one in my elbow cuz you make laugh ;)

Haven't even looked at your cities... As long as you are happy with them, we all are I am sure...

I can say as long as you don't practice medicine in Australia I feel better about going to the doctor ;) If your diagnosis and hypothesis is anything like your posts I am sure there are a few people still suffering (the poor fellas)...

Keep Simming, you are doing great! It's the part of the game you enjoy best we have noticed ;) LOL

DeletedUser

Again with the mind games, :)

I do agree, with a few of your comments, it is difficult for the members of The 13th, me included being in another alliance that is not ours, however, like I said in the other thread, the world is all but over, only The building and sending of resources, left to do, and I know who I would prefer to win, The alliance that deserves it!

The 13th was beaten, only had 2 options all leave or merge, we could not merge in to you guys as the way you picked on individual players was, school yard bullying, it was fair (so not moaning much), but to have a joint forum where you have good banter, then at the same time, try to rid the same players from the game, seems harsh, But fair and all within the rules
surely you would not expect us to have merged in to you with the way you killed us off?

IMO
TE have been the best alliance kept pacts when possibly they wanted to drop them, (us included) always carried on regardless and always had a plan, never ran away from a fight.

The 13th have always played one way and now I realize it was wrong, possibly more fun our way, but we was to anti social in growth, and stuck in our only little group which in the end turned fatal, you beat us :(
we would have had no chance building the wonders.

The Dukes, I do think they have done great, the final days of battling us, was, even though it pains me to say, was brilliantly done, attacks and timing fantastic, however not the way I would like to play the game, (targeting of one player) possibly the reason, why you have done better than us,
The only down side I would say to how you have played the game, is you have gone in the wrong direction, the world should have had the pleasure of number 1 v number 2 alliance, similar numbers of players fighting each other it would have been good to see,
who actually was the best attacking alliance, however the choice to go for the 13th ruled that out, so the only conclusion you can get is from the stats, which rules in TE's favor (another reason they are the better alliance) IMO
now wonders has started it is not really the same as most resources, rather going in to troops are going in to the wonders, all attacks are half hearted if a city is taken except on a wonder island, does not really matter?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

A nerve? LOL Yeah, the one in my elbow cuz you make laugh ;)

Haven't even looked at your cities... As long as you are happy with them, we all are I am sure...

I can say as long as you don't practice medicine in Australia I feel better about going to the doctor ;) If your diagnosis and hypothesis is anything like your posts I am sure there are a few people still suffering (the poor fellas)...

Keep Simming, you are doing great! It's the part of the game you enjoy best we have noticed ;) LOL

Australia? You could have fooled me. Mate your accent sounds pure midwest USA.

DeletedUser

Again with the mind games, :)

I do agree, with a few of your comments, it is difficult for the members of The 13th, me included being in another alliance that is not ours, however, like I said in the other thread, the world is all but over, only The building and sending of resources, left to do, and I know who I would prefer to win, The alliance that deserves it!

The 13th was beaten, only had 2 options all leave or merge, we could not merge in to you guys as the way you picked on individual players was, school yard bullying, it was fair (so not moaning much), but to have a joint forum where you have good banter, then at the same time, try to rid the same players from the game, seems harsh, But fair and all within the rules
surely you would not expect us to have merged in to you with the way you killed us off?

IMO
TE have been the best alliance kept pacts when possibly they wanted to drop them, (us included) always carried on regardless and always had a plan, never ran away from a fight.

The 13th have always played one way and now I realize it was wrong, possibly more fun our way, but we was to anti social in growth, and stuck in our only little group which in the end turned fatal, you beat us :(
we would have had no chance building the wonders.

The Dukes, I do think they have done great, the final days of battling us, was, even though it pains me to say, was brilliantly done, attacks and timing fantastic, however not the way I would like to play the game, (targeting of one player) possibly the reason, why you have done better than us,
The only down side I would say to how you have played the game, is you have gone in the wrong direction, the world should have had the pleasure of number 1 v number 2 alliance, similar numbers of players fighting each other it would have been good to see,
who actually was the best attacking alliance, however the choice to go for the 13th ruled that out, so the only conclusion you can get is from the stats, which rules in TE's favor (another reason they are the better alliance) IMO
now wonders has started it is not really the same as most resources, rather going in to troops are going in to the wonders, all attacks are half hearted if a city is taken except on a wonder island, does not really matter?

Graeme do you always tell women who express an opinion that they are playing "mind-games?" Just curious.

DeletedUser

absolutely, unless it is to do with washing powder, liquid or tablets :)

JOKE!!!