Which do you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser12571

bw2.png

SGGFXFORSOTW-1.jpg

There was another but the link no longer works.

DeletedUser

I like the effects number 1 has. The render could've been blended in a little better maybe put a motion blur on it or just blur it slightly but all in all, I like it. :p

DeletedUser

Number 1 has good effects and an okay flow but agreed to LolTrey, could be better. Number 2 is too dark and it's really not that clear.
So voted for no. 1.

DeletedUser

My entry has been ready 2 weeks prior the original deadline. I would like for it to be displayed, it was the first entry submitted also.

DeletedUser

I still want my entry to be displayed. Seems like nobody gives a rat's about this and i tired of asking to include my work into the competition. Am i being ignored? So, I have decided to display my entry myself, cuz "there was other, but the link doesn't work" is not true. when i sent my entry to Lane, everything was fine, and suddenly it stopped working. I wonder why?

Anyway, here is my entry:

BW_entry_ok.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Its sad to hear that you weren't able to participate Xtcmax,it happened to me during week 2 and I know that its really discouraging but anyway you are in the finals so missing this week won't matters you much

DeletedUser

Sorry about that Xtc, I forwarded the mail to Equan to make the post. Not sure what happened after that. You will need to mail him in regards to this as it's left my hands.

~ Lane

DeletedUser

I mailed him 2 days ago, and no answer. I am really disappointed in the outcome and how this even is run. I don't want to sound raging, but why even start something if nobody cares or can not do a simple update? As for my entry, nothing happened, i did not touch it. As for the whole competition, i don't see the point in it. The Zebra entry was forwarded to admins along with my entry, so yeah....

DeletedUser12571

I still want my entry to be displayed. Seems like nobody gives a rat's about this and i tired of asking to include my work into the competition. Am i being ignored? So, I have decided to display my entry myself, cuz "there was other, but the link doesn't work" is not true. when i sent my entry to Lane, everything was fine, and suddenly it stopped working. I wonder why?

Anyway, here is my entry:

BW_entry_ok.jpg

I mailed him 2 days ago, and no answer. I am really disappointed in the outcome and how this even is run. I don't want to sound raging, but why even start something if nobody cares or can not do a simple update? As for my entry, nothing happened, i did not touch it. As for the whole competition, i don't see the point in it. The Zebra entry was forwarded to admins along with my entry, so yeah....
To begin with, I do apologise for my inactivity of late. This has been the situation for the past month or two due to personal reasons (partly why I'm resigning from my position).

As for your image, yes, I received a message forwarded by Lane which had a link to it along with another user's. When I opened the message, only one of the links worked. Whether that was due to the host site or the fault was at my end, I do not know.

In response to 'displaying the image', I assume you meant in the original post whereby it would be added to the poll? Well, I'm afraid that is impossible as vBulletin does not cater for such altercations. Admittedly, this is partly due to my inactivity, but if you had not posted in this thread first of all, a new poll could have been created which would have included your entry. Now that you've posted, firstly asking for your entry to be displayed, and secondly showing your image, the voting would not be anonymous and therefore unfair.

The forum will be undergoing changes in the coming weeks, some of which will positively affect the way these competitions are run.

DeletedUser

:) now its my fault i posted my image :)
if i only didn't do that, if i were here, the bottom line is: This contest is screwed up. And I posted my image here because i waited for what, about 3-4 weeks OVER the original deadline, and I want my work to be judged and seen. If you only had been more active, or you could ask Lane why he can see the image and I can't, if you only would ask another moderator to create a poll, I would not have to post my image.
The second thing, this contest can not continue due to simple deadlines not being followed, people come and go as they please, i wonder if anyone is keeping the score, I wonder when is the next deadline for the image, is it going to be a week or a half a year waiting time before we all decide to enter and our work is displayed? How is this competition fair to the people who entered it in the beginning? We all had 1 week to finish up and the last entries had almost a month.

All u had to say: I messed up. But no, you had to point your finger back at me "i posted my own image". Well, i had entries of other artists in my possession before you were asked to create a poll, I guess that makes me SUPER disqualified.

Lastly, people know my style, so no matter how we want this to be "anonymous" it won't be. Another "all you had to do point" is you could just create a poll and say something like: There has been an error, we have to make another poll.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

All u had to say: I messed up. But no, you had to point your finger back at me "i posted my own image". Well, i had entries of other artists in my possession before you were asked to create a poll, I guess that makes me SUPER disqualified.

Lastly, people know my style, so no matter how we want this to be "anonymous" it won't be. Another "all you had to do point" is you could just create a poll and say something like: There has been an error, we have to make another poll.

Afraid I just wandered in here at random, so I don't know much about the way the competition works, I just merely wanted to point out that Equanimity did say he messed up by being inactive, and also said that this could have been easily fixed if you had PMed him instead (not exactly, but that was the basis). However, by posting your image in this thread, it would ruin the spirit of the competition by taking away your anonymity, even if people might know your style, which means that yes, it is Equanimity's fault, but it's also yours. Please, refrain from trying to pin the blame on someone else when that same person is sharing the blame.

DeletedUser

first of all i would like to apologize for not having an active gfx mod, if we had one we would not be in this predicament.

now aside from Xtcmax im not 100% sure who the other 2 people were that submitted for this comp.

i would ask that they (along with Xtc) add me on skype (phoenixavier) and we will come to terms on wat to do.

if i get no replies then i will assume nothing wants to be done and we will let the competition die.

if however u do not have skype please send me a PM on here.

thread closed

Status
Not open for further replies.