Discussion Weekly Discussion 1: Mythical Units

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser31385

Here are a few questions to help start the discussion for this first week:

Which mythical unit is best for offense and why?
Which mythical unit is best for defense and why?
Which mythical units should you not build and why?

DeletedUser31385

1. it depends
2. it depends
3. it depends.

Keep in mind, you don't have to answer my questions. Those are simply to help start discussion. Anything related to mythical units currently in the game is fine.

DeletedUser

I will be delighted to start this discussion and answer all questions presented but they need relevant context - e.g. Cerbs are great for defense til you are hit with a sharp nuke and have no archers otherwise they are pretty useless. Assuming you are hit with a ranged nuke a good defend ratio 30:1 archers to Cerb behind a 25 wall with tower Phalanx and divine selection researched with Leo as hero.

Eryins for cross land attack, but again it depends what you are hitting doesn't it..i would always send 30 Cats with them too. or better send the Cats with a sea/ land nuke before if they are land stacking and relatively low on harbour.

Harpies for harbour checks..pegs to defend harpie nukes/horse nukes..its kinda hard without getting into boring math stats and probability plus with events chances are you are going to get rained on by Manti with has made sword pretty obsolete during these times.

I think due to their amazing lion flying powers we have to still go with manta per unit as best attackers but if you run into a lot of archers forget it..see its all relative to why you are hitting or being hit by..

the only thing i can say conclusively is Hydra are the best Myth units for ocean def and attack :p

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
I personally love cerberus's due to the fact that much like the inquisition nobody ever excepts a city full of cerberus's.

DeletedUser31385

The one unit I find useless is the Divine Envoy. Even though it was revamped, all the other mythical units still have better stats.

DeletedUser

Divine envoys are what they are, they get slagged a lot but i don't think they are for later stages of the game, more for players that need a flexible unit at the start when resources are scarce..the temple looting made them good in the early game to build up harp nukes etc.

I would like to see a discussion on perhaps bringing back the rituals at some point..dem.plague and chain lighting, that one that gave all the Divine envoys was awesome for sniping and new cities..just a thought - any idea why they scrapped such a fun idea?

DeletedUser31385

Divine envoys are what they are, they get slagged a lot but i don't think they are for later stages of the game, more for players that need a flexible unit at the start when resources are scarce..the temple looting made them good in the early game to build up harp nukes etc.

I would like to see a discussion on perhaps bringing back the rituals at some point..dem.plague and chain lighting, that one that gave all the Divine envoys was awesome for sniping and new cities..just a thought - any idea why they scrapped such a fun idea?

Im sure those spells will come back in the next event. Usually things like that are only given out in events.

DeletedUser48257

In My Opinion:

1. Harpy For Offense , It may not be as powerful as manticores but there much easier to build up and faster to make with less favour involved so a nuke is easier to get. I prefer numbers to strength at certain times.

2. Pegasus by FAR , this is because it is fast (in my opinion cheap) however it does cost a bit of wood , and it is a flyer of course . However i do think Medusa is pretty good as it is a well all round unit.

3. Hydra, i never really made a nuke with it but it seems pretty bad for me , however people do tell me it is quite good at sniping CS and taking down and breaking attacks also Cyclops , it can be easily killed by sharp weapons and need a few ships to transport.

DeletedUser40768

Cyclops aren't all that bad. They have a higher distance attack per pop then slingers. They are weaker than erinys though. Still wouldn't build them though, so much more you can do with the Poseidon favor.

DeletedUser

1. Any fliers because they can get a revolt even with ships in the harbour and they are good for harbour checks.

2. Myth units are bad for defence because they can only be used with the right god. Yeah it can be changed but it's a pain to do that if you have plans for a city. They only come in handy for wonder islands where you will have a coordinated god. In truth though even the best myths don't offer much more than a well balanced defence nuke and that can be deployed anywhere.

3. Only fliers offer something that no other unit can so don't build any non-flying myths.

As for Envoy's, Their relative cheapness and ability to attack and defend quite well makes them a good unit for cities on heavily enemy populated islands. They will be tough to break down but they can also run around stealing resources from the enemy towns while their troops are away or low on numbers.

DeletedUser31385

Thank you to those that participated in week one discussion! I will be posting a new discussion shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.