Well, that's it for me.

DeletedUser

"ONE who consoles or comforts, ONE who encourages or uplifts, ONE who advocates on behalf of others."

Paraclete might consider changing that....it's clearly

220 Light Ships, 509 Bireme, 333 Fast Transport, 1 Colony, 783 Swordsman, 3070 Slinger, 261 Archer, 652 Hoplite, 28 Catapult were sent by SemperFI0817, a player with 80980, against a player with slightly over 4300 points.

The response from Death's Door, Paraclete's "diplomacy communications contact" was:

"It's time to hit restart my friend. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but this is a War game.

Sorry but we have a plan and your City is where we need to be to carry out that plan. It's an Alliance war game and we are operating in your area."

Plenty of empty space around me. They could have colonized any of it.

Not arguing with the fact that it's a war game. 80980 points vs 4300. That's not a game. That's a big guy beating the hell out of a little guy. A game has more than one player. I had no chance at all. There was only one player here. Backed by an alliance that really didn't care, despite what they say they are.

That's not a war game. That's a d-bag game. I have enough d-bags in my life. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

And the two players I brought in to the game, who sit on either side of me...they are probably gone too.

Next time you wonder why the game appears to be so empty....that could be the answer.

DeletedUser

"ONE who consoles or comforts, ONE who encourages or uplifts, ONE who advocates on behalf of others."

Paraclete might consider changing that....it's clearly

220 Light Ships, 509 Bireme, 333 Fast Transport, 1 Colony, 783 Swordsman, 3070 Slinger, 261 Archer, 652 Hoplite, 28 Catapult were sent by SemperFI0817, a player with 80980, against a player with slightly over 4300 points.

The response from Death's Door, Paraclete's "diplomacy communications contact" was:

"It's time to hit restart my friend. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but this is a War game.

Sorry but we have a plan and your City is where we need to be to carry out that plan. It's an Alliance war game and we are operating in your area."

Not arguing with the fact that it's a war game. 80980 points vs 4300. That's not a game. That's a big guy beating the hell out of a little guy. A game has more than one player. I had no chance at all. There was only one player here. Backed by an alliance that really didn't care, despite what they say they are.

That's not a war game. That's a d-bag game. I have enough d-bags in my life. Thanks.
we don't colonise. We conquer.

This forum is hilarious. Two thrends now from people complaining on getting conquered and attacked IN A WAR GAME!!!

Comical Ali hadn't a patch on the guys posting over here.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Just an opinion, no need to rim me.

we don't colonise. We conquer.

This forum is hilarious. Two thrends now from people complaining on getting conquered and attacked IN A WAR GAME!!!

Comical Ali hadn't a patch on the guys posting over here.

As a noob I have to say I have some sympathy with Syph.. in this case. After scanning through the forum I have noticed that farsala seems to have a high % of noobs (including myself) a lot of whom have already dropped off. Steamrollering a new guy to such an extent does seem excessive and not a great way to keep new recruits interested in playing the game
(I view this as a war GAME, not ...A WAR GAME!!!)

If longstanding players and vets are not careful, they run the risk of turning Grepolis into a private reserve, an old boys club exclusive to those who remember V1.2 (and maybe a few wallet warriors)

DeletedUser

You read the wiki's get into battle ASAP and get the attention of a powerful alliance that can help you progress in the game. No one survives on their own in this game. But first and foremost you depend on your own skills and that means learning QUICKLY. Or you'll be conquered. After 3 years this should be well known.

DeletedUser

. After 3 years this should be well known.

This is the point I was making. It will be well known after 3 years..... by the players who have been playing for 3 years.

For those of us who have been been on for slightly less time (eg a month) its just annoying.

DeletedUser

Providing the rest of the facts!

Paraclete might consider changing that....it's clearly bullsh*t.

Since I am the founder of Paraclete and since it was my massive amount of troops released on you... let's provide the rest of the facts. We control 6 oceans and the world is being developed north of us. This was a 26 hour CS trip to start our northern migration. Anyone with any experience says if you travel that far, you better send everything you have got to make certain the CS sticks.

For everyone who wants to call us an MRA... WE ARE HEADING NORTH! Once we arrive you will know the facts about who we are. 29 players out of the top 50 attackers speaks for itself. Hope you are ready to fight as well as you talk trash.

DeletedUser

Yes. 4300 points against 80980 points is one hell of a fight, isn't it?

Nah, just a big guy, beating the snot out of a little guy. Nothing else. Don't kid yourself or try to defend your action. I'm fighting the only way I can.

Here. Sure as hell didn't stand a chance anywhere else. Just telling people how full of cr*p your mission statement is.

And you said anyone with any experience. Does 4300 points tell you about how much experience I have here?

DeletedUser

Does 4300 points tell you

Yes. 4300 points against 80980 points is one hell of a fight, isn't it?

Nah, just a big guy, beating the snot out of a little guy. Nothing else. Don't kid yourself or try to defend your action. I'm fighting the only way I can.

Here. Sure as hell didn't stand a chance anywhere else. Just telling people how full of cr*p your mission statement is.

And you said anyone with any experience. Does 4300 points tell you about how much experience I have here?

Then perhaps a modicum of humility is warranted by you? You see if you had any experience you would understand that if you are in an alliance or if you have friends playing... you could have stacked an equal or greater amount of ships and troops to greet me and destroy me. With a 26 hour CS journey I was leaving nothing to chance. If you choose to play again perhaps you should seek out an alliance exactly like mine with the same humility and ask if someone can teach you how to play this great game. We were all new once. We do take on new players and we push them by giving them deadlines to meet for conquering. Others have started deeming us an MRA but the reality is that every alliance I have started in every world sits as number one in that world. Learn a life lesson here... be humble and be teachable. ~Semp

DeletedUser

Oh, I'm absolutely dying to join Paraclete! Sign me up! You've certainly sold me!

Humility should never be expected in the face of a bullying mentality.

DeletedUser

Oh, I'm absolutely dying to join Paraclete! Sign me up! You've certainly sold me!

Humility should never be expected in the face of a bullying mentality.
Go join an alliance with some metal and come back and face us then. It doesn't matter which ocean. You'll see us in them all at some stage.

DeletedUser

If you're willing to man up and suck up the fact you lost, I can teach you to make sure that you win next time.

DeletedUser

Oh I lost. There is absolutely no question there. Never said I didn't.

I lost to something 19 times my size. If what you will teach me is to attack things 1/19th my size, you can keep that knowledge. I don't want it. There is no integrity in that.

DeletedUser

*Sigh*

Learn about sniping. It works if you're a 1k player vs a 3 million point player. That's all I'm willing to say to you until you lighten up and move on.

DeletedUser

Dude seriously we all understand why you are mad, and you have a right to be mad. However Raging about it isnt going to make you be a better player, or help you fight them. So do something constructive, learn from someone decent, (Strike is good) cancel your pity party, and get back in there and have some revenge.

DeletedUser

*Sigh*

Learn about sniping. It works if you're a 1k player vs a 3 million point player. That's all I'm willing to say to you until you lighten up and move on.
Yup. Elementary Grepolis. ... but we all needed to learn it at one time. And we did learn it. Not by moaning.

DeletedUser

the amount of rubbish on this thread is unreal.tell me how does anyone with a 1000 city snipe an attack that size???total rubbish.there is no secret method to defending against such odds,anyone telling you a snipe is possible is wrong fullstop,unless you had 1000 ls up your sleeve.
I think its really poor form to launch such attacks on players,i dont think he's moaning at all.
If grep continues this way all that will be left are a few guys who ve been here since the start,no new players will join.Not criticing any alliance or member and we've all lost cities and learned but this kind of attack is poor form.why if you were moving oceans did you not extend him an invitation and get an active alliance member??if he refused to join then you'd have license to do what you wanted.

DeletedUser17088

i have to agree ^^

it is certainly possible to snipe a player many times your size but a player 10x's your size? you would have to be extremely lucky, If I was the larger player I would simply use brute force and timing to get your city. sooner or later the smaller player will run out of res or troops

i would always recommend the player being given a choice to join, a new player who is willing to learn and fight is more valuable than a new city