Well

DeletedUser4013

Any questions about anything, please PM me in-game or ask. I've been trying to help get my alliance up to speed on the update and answer all of their questions.

So you know, Wonders will be available once they are activated between 01.00 - 05.00 GMT+1, Advent Gifts have relocated and did not disappear. Hades has been activated as well.

DeletedUser12662

I think those who predicted mass abandonment by the largest players may be right.

A couple hours has given me the appropriate muscle memory for the basic patterns of keys I use in managing my cities, but not a single aspect is done more quickly than before. Some things, like the farming system, I was prepared for. Others I was not. (though I should have been) For example, the pages seem to have a much higher information density than before. The city list is my primary handicap in this regard. Short of my home computer, I'm not sure I'll have access to any devices capable of opening that list in a timely fashion. Smart phone play has probably gone out the window. Most likely so has use of older computers while I'm looking after elderly family members.

More gods/units= more possibilities= more freedom. So do wonders in theory. (If not for the caveat regarding the closing of worlds beneath a certain activity threshold, I'd be completely behind the wonder system) I don't mind such additions.

But everything else seems like simply a design change to slow me down. Efficiency of large players will further drop, closing the gap between large and small. Great if you're a beginner trying to fend off a 1,000,000 pointer. Not so great if you're trying to manage your 100 cities as effectively as that cluster of smaller players attacking you.

I'll continue playing of course, but not at my previous level of competence.

edit: Not EVERY aspect is slower. But all the shortcuts I've found rely upon use of gold, directly or indirectly.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

well first minutes i was like WHAT?!

Ok i need to readapt for several weeks.

i think it will be good for attacking with the new interface. Mass attack should be nice with captain i will check;

But for the reports arghh, i need more filters to manage all reports, above all farming.. and there is a bug with the scrolldown on pages when you mark all (or it s the browser?).

I love the button in Culture: starts everywhere ! Real gain of time
I would love to get as well a button for recruiting: build LS and slingers everywhere lol

DeletedUser13405

I'm honestly going to try and get used to it for a few weeks, maybe even two months. If I still can't get used to it, I will delete and move on to a new game. I don't want to do that, so I will give it every chance to not frustrate the heck out me.

DeletedUser18132

They tried top make up for it with the Admin touch, and I thank them for that, but for me, it isn't enough.

DeletedUser11969

I played Sigma for a while, didnt like the version then, seen nothing to change my mind. My buying gold days are over and in a short while my account as well :(

Will just hang around long enough to see what happens with wonders, could this be a game saver :p

Lugosi

Strategos
Bit slow so yes it is 2.0. Had a busy day yesterday so haven't been on enough to gain my own opinion from it. Got another eRepublik advertisement though 0.o

DeletedUser

It's alright. I've played 2.0 worlds before. It's not my favorite style but I'll deal with it. I logged on yesterday and it was working fine. Today though, it's barely even displaying the page. I mean it's not slow it's straight up not working lol. Oh well I imagine it will be fixed shortly.

DeletedUser

Its difficult to navigate in game, but am finding some shortcuts, hope there is a manual somewhere.

DeletedUser

Well, it is just as I remember Sigma to be. InnoGames you just lost a player that spent 40+ hours a week in the game. Good luck to you all,I am done and refuse to play a 2.0 world. Those that have known me in game:

Thanks for the fun for the past 2 years. A few of you we had some pretty awesome PvP. For the friends that I have made over the past few years, I'm glad we had the chance to play together. I had the pleasure to have played with some of the best in Beta. I was in a few alliances that I was glad to be a part of the team...COIG, Virtus Phoenix and Event Horizon. I'd mention my last alliance but we changed names like underwear lol. It is currently called "2.0 Ruined Beta". I wish you all the best of luck.

Charlie aka Blazetech

DeletedUser11969

All the best Blaze, you take care.

Once a great game, fearsome alliances like VP & SES now those were the days. What do we have now "nothing" oh well at least 2.0 seems to be the end game :)

DeletedUser

Don't you guys love it? They want you to give this "upgrade" a try, guess they don't think we were smart enough to join a world using this version to find out...

But don't worry, they will walk you through it, teach you how to play your game the way they want you to....

DeletedUser

Xmas gift?? Well, my Xmas gift to those of you in O44 was all my grey cities :)

... enjoy...

DeletedUser14909

Yes thank you Hericles, I don't usually do the grey thing but i thought a couple of the N O45 needed a worthy successor and I hope to prove so.

DeletedUser

I too am leaving. It's been a good two years and made plenty of good friends and enemies. I've had far less time to play recently and add to that the fact I'd have to do more work to play with this counter-intuitive re-design (why the hell can I not have multiple browser tabs in alliance forums?!), I just can not see myself going on.

Thanks for all the good times guys.

Eric

DeletedUser

I just got to a decent point and am actually growing at a viable rate. I've always prided myself on staying power and that is what I will do.

DeletedUser

With me it all depends on if they fix the lag issues that have occurred since the upgrade.