What a load of pony

DeletedUser

The game should be won as it is played, by war. Not by favor or someone on a WW island switching side.

Sif/Gelinu
and it was won by war. we make good plan to land CS into GMW collosus island and we did. it was by the rules of war.and i remember whole Omaga was trying to break this siege. at the end Warlords was alone. and it shut be not like that. we have worked so well whit the rest of Omega.never betryed someone.
the reast was dirty play from both sides. BUT if it was not this alliance changes for favor i was not going to do this.

DeletedUser

Hristo is correct, we wouldn't have taken this action if it had not been for the favor advantage. We had to scramble, and we used every option available.

The proposal from Thane is a good one, we should support it. It would prevent both the use of outside alliance favor tactics, and prevent loss of WW islands if some player gets a wild hair.

DeletedUser

I agree that the favor thing wasn't fair either. All that happened was within the rules of the game. So yes, I hope people will support the proposal from thane, and lets hope that they change the rules.

DeletedUser32630

and it was won by war. we make good plan to land CS into GMW collosus island and we did. it was by the rules of war.and i remember whole Omaga was trying to break this siege. at the end Warlords was alone. and it shut be not like that. we have worked so well whit the rest of Omega.never betryed someone.
the reast was dirty play from both sides. BUT if it was not this alliance changes for favor i was not going to do this.

this thread has been entertaining. the rants of thane, the smart alleck responses from scmg. the back and forth from everyone.

the server wasn't won by war at all. warlords, goodguys gave you the citie syou took in o57 that you conquested the collosus from. you may have had an amazingly good super awesome death plan for that wonder but you wouldnt have even gotten close to the wonder without insider help giving you the city that again you launched from. basically, you accepted a scumbag's city and put it to great use, then took a spy to ruin a wonder, then before completing the wonder, not honoring your agreement with him (who gave you the win) by booting him before completion.

there was even a comment made by you guys where i wouldnt have made sense to do a conquest on the lighthouse, which was so far away. well, thats exactly what we were faced with in coming down to your turf to try and break your wonders with a conquest from so far out. you were also being fed landing times of our cs's during this time also.

Truthfully, I love it! I love the dirty tactics, the bending of rules and everything you guys did. bottom line is that you did what you had to do to win. we tried do everything we could think of to win also. its an alliance game, theres forums. there's gonna be spies in this game, thats the way it goes and all rules to go by, you guys just won, period.

my hats off to you guys. I never lost a city to an enemy and i wouldve wasted most of you on the battlefield anytime but I lost the game and I can accept it for what it is.

it was a lot of fun, a lot of not so much fun throughout the time playing it.

I'm glad Omega's over. Warlords won, congrats on the crown guys. you did it dirty but who cares, YOU did it. no-one else did. good win.

oh and i gues syou could call what most of us did rage quitting but there was no rage from me. I was sick of omega for a longtime but not sick of grepolis. i enjoy grepolis but just had nothing to play for in omega, you got the badge i wanted so i bailed. others may have been angry but not me, more relieved.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

one more think to see. goodguys quit the game and we took inactive city's. he is still inactive. and yes we took city's from inactive player to use for launching . but if i remember well you have did the same whit beenboy. inactive from Warlordz.

DeletedUser24538

Hope we all had fun! It's to bad it went down the way it did!

DeletedUser

It's to bad it went down the way it did!

Not really. My Victor of The World badge looks the same regardless. Everyone else spent the course of Omega screwing each other over and pulling a bunch of backstabbing moves. We just decided to play that card at the end, and only when it was absolutely necessary due to other alliances joining together to dump favor.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thane Badger

Phrourach
So basically Thane wants to get a rule implemented so players can't switch alliances in the wonders phase so players can't "screw over" an alliance. However if that rule was in place ownage wouldn't of been able to rotate players in and out to dump favor and accelerate their colossus which they were well behind on. Oh the hypocrisy..

It would be if I hadn't written in to adress BOTH situations. If you weren't so blind to anything that didn't support your own preconceptions you might be able to see that. However as I pointed out. swapping alliances to cast favor doesn't end the game in 1 minute. I see that in the same light as people who create five alliance under one name to circumvent the 80 player limit. A big part of the game is having alliances work together anyway.

So there are 2 choices have no movement between alliances, which would prevent rotation of players PLUS people with a string of alliances consantly replacing drop out players from their back up as Warlords did throughout the game. (Oh the Hypocrisy).
Or simply prevent the game killing move of individuals sabotaging the group effort. The choice is there to be made.

PS. I didn't "rage quit", a number of players had expressed the wish to ghost as soon as the World Wonders thing was done. Once they had started to do so, there wasn't much point in trying to do anything else. This game takes up way too much time, playing it beyond the pointless finish, with other people quitting left right and centre would make no sense at all.

DeletedUser

Hope we all had fun! It's to bad it went down the way it did!

I had a lot of fun on Omega, when I first joined I joined the Warlords Arma alliance. Then due to a technical problem, I had to restart..and I then joined Ownage! Funny how things happen ;)

I am starting a new life on Gela, but I am remaining active on Omega. I have no hard feelings towards Warlords! In Hockey (my favorite sport) when it comes to the playoffs, and it is tied going into the end of the third period. The winning goal is never some beautiful shot, it is a hard and gritty goal where the players crash the net.

Warlords used the system to there advantage, my alliance was doing the same thing. Working the system to there advantage, after all this is just a silly online game!!

Congrats to Warlords, and sorry for taking your last city, and wiping you out Polarfreeze :cool:

DeletedUser24538

It's all good. Wasn't even active if you are talking about that city in o63?

DeletedUser

Enjoy your glory, and tell all of your alliance to enjoy simming omega

Says the biggest sim player in Omega. Jesus, you throw that around like it is water. Have you actually looked at your own stats?

Hilarious.