What Brings Attraction to an Alliance?

DeletedUser

Hello all, I need some help here because the stuff I've been seeing so far just amazes me. So far I've been actively recruiting players to join my alliance, since grepostats isn't up for this world, I'm just hoping that they are actively growing based on their points. Anyways every time I send an invitation I'll send out a message to that player and just tell them a little bit about me and a little bit about the goals for the alliance. But for some reason no one joins me. I'm not to sure why but the players that I have sent an invitation to would end up joining another alliance. :Angry:

It confuses me though because I thought being a good recruiter would do things like that. I even posted up here on the external forums but it seems like players would go after other alliances. I know most alliances will be like hey if your new we will help, I say that too but I know I can back it up because I've been playing the game for 2 years now. I would understand if I was a noob and would of been like hey I'm new here and if your new to the game I can help you out, like that wouldn't make any sense.

But can any experienced leaders help me out here because things like that just flat out confuse me lol. I hope no one doesn't look at this post and be like hey stop crying because I'm not, I'm just lost when it comes to things like that. I guess the only way is to just start conquering another alliance and be like if you don't join me I will conquer you too lol. Most of the time it seems like that but at the end of the day :pro:. But still if any experienced leaders have any advie please share :p

DeletedUser2334

Need a bit more information about this, are you recruiting in the same area, people won't join if you have members hours and hours away and no way support is gonna reach them.

Are you presenting the recruitment message correctly?

Example 1:

Hello I am Bizarre of an up and coming alliance Black Legion Armada, we have noticed you are a talented player growing in our area of good and active players.... so on.....

Example 2:

hi im bizarre of black legion armada, we are good and want you to join as your in our area... so on.

Example 1 and Example 2 are not just different in the way the information is worded, but how it is displayed. Space things out, get your punctuation correct by using paragraphs and start of sentences using captial letters. This shows players that you have a level of proffesionalism which is great.

But also dont flood your invite message with loads of information, try sum up why they should join you in a couple of sentences not pages and pages that they probably wont read. It could be also useful to start a conversation with them before even asking them to join your alliance.

If you send me a copy of your recruitment message I will gladly improve it for you.

DeletedUser

Thanks for the feedback and I usually try to keep it short and simple when sending a recruitment letter out. I always check for any grammar mistakes and stuff like that. I'm strictly recruiting in Ocean 56 and I'm very anti-MRA especially since there is a lot of MRAs around my are.

I'm sorry if what I tried to say didn't come out clearly, I will try to say an example.

For an example let's say I invited you to my alliance, I send you the invite and I send you the recruitment letter. Then I come back to see that you have joined another alliance, but when I look on the alliance's profile their profile is like, We are the defenders of Ithaca all shall fall to us. Like stuff like that blows my mind. Or if you join an alliance and their profile is like we shall rule the world must be very aggressive.

I find stuff like that funny because I look them up on grepostats and find nothing so it's like sheesh you could of joined an alliance that had potential but hey your now consider another farm or future target.

DeletedUser

Its all about presentation. Detailed Banner, Description and make it appear like fun and games because that is what Grepo is.

DeletedUser

I took you guys advice and I've changed my recruitment letter and I've been messing around in pixlr trying to create a cool coat of arms.

DeletedUser

Bizarre you came late to Ithaca, your alliance were located on 056 which is my territory now and I think forming a new alliance was not a wise decision that you has made..

Yes I agree with you there are few MRA around you and its good to establish a new strong and well organized alliance. but we are not MRA, just Dark Fleet and few there were MRA so far now..

Look buddy I also started on Ithaca with my own alliance before, I formed an alliance called "Nexus" but no one would like to join, although some has knew that I'm an experience player from Lambda and leading an alliance there,,but then I receive an invite from torin312 who was the original founder of Anonymous now..

I join them as a normal members, didn't get any leaders or founder privilege..I see that there are a lot of weakness on their organization when I first started to join them, so I talked with torin312 that I want to fixed our alliance weakness and make a lot of change there, after I make some change on our alliance torin started to put a 100% trust on me to lead Anonymous.. At the beginning we only has 7 members in our alliance now just take a look on us, we made it to the 1st ranks of 056 with a very good average point.

So what the most important things is a leadership ability, trust me if you are good then people would like to join you,....Anyways I think you should join us, I currently leading an alliance alone, torin312 also help me but he still new and didn't has a lot of experience on handling an alliance, so maybe you can contribute something for our alliance, if you would like to join just PM me there, then I will sent an invite..

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser14786

I feel like starting an alliance is 40% luck in the first place-- it depends on a host of things, such as if there are other strong alliances in the area you are attempting to recruit in too.

DeletedUser

Bizarre you came late to Ithaca, your alliance were located on 056 which is my territory now and I think forming a new alliance was not a wise decision that you has made..

I sense a little bit of animosity in the air, if I'm wrong please tell me, but I know Anonymous is number 1 in Ocean 56 and that doesn't bother me. In my opinion being number 1 in points doesn't necessarily mean you own the ocean. Your probably the biggest alliance in the ocean but you don't "own" it. Now if I would have seen that Anonymous is conquering and farming all the alliance's in the ocean, then maybe I would of never made the alliance, but I don't see that happening. For being number 1 in Ocean 56, you guys only have 17 ABP... I think if you guys really wanted to be dominate that would of been way higher. Now I'm not trying to start any trouble here, I'm just putting my 2 sense in. I also feel like you tried to intimidate me a little bit. If I'm wrong please don't hesitate in telling me.

DeletedUser24117

I feel like starting an alliance is 40% luck in the first place-- it depends on a host of things, such as if there are other strong alliances in the area you are attempting to recruit in too.

I agree, it can be very hit and miss.

Also, people don't like to join alliances that have very few starting members (if any at all). Most alliances that exceed early are those that come from another world pre-planned, with a group of people moving in as one.

You carry yourself well, so I'm sure your invitation letter would be half decent, I think you were just unlucky with timing personally. If you started this world sooner maybe your alliance would have been more successful.

DeletedUser14786

Bizarre you came late to Ithaca, your alliance were located on 056 which is my territory...I'm an experience player from Lambda and leading an alliance there

FarHazim-- Unless your forum account actually belongs to SokMBoppers, Koz the Great, Metalcore, Gendodo, Osl112, Eneid, Grende3 or d-d-d, having simply led an alliance on Lambda does not automatically qualify you as a good alliance leader. ;) I think this is something the two of you will have to settle in-game.

DeletedUser

1. The best players never join alliances till at least a week after BP ends, unless they are in a premade, so don't bother approaching them till around this time. Drop them a mail without sending an invite and wait for them to respond. When they do, then it is up to you to convince them that you are right for them in your responses.

2. Never send an invite unless you have a confirmation that they will join.

3. Never leave open invites, someone could use them to spy on you after they joined another alliance.

4. If you are an anti-premade person like me, then convincing smaller alliances, or failed premades to join you can be very beneficial.

5. Don't be fooled by 1 man alliances, you can treat them the same way as you treat recruiting vets.

6. Don't MRA...

DeletedUser

I think it does link to your alliance does not have any real high point players and not many members so this would be a risk to join. If you do want to continue your alliance i cant really give any advice but keep trying to recruit and word your messages properly and professionally.

DeletedUser22940

It is all about presentation and how you state the invites.
I have been lazy on this world so far and my invite messages are something like "want to join a non-MRA?"

BUT

An alternate way of recruiting members is to beat them into joining you. Sounds mean, but really. Attack them, wipe out their forces. Show them who the Alpha male is. They will not want to get beat anymore so they will join you. When you think about it....Grepo is kinda like prison.

DeletedUser

I think it does link to your alliance does not have any real high point players and not many members so this would be a risk to join.

In a game like Grepolis points doesn't matter. It's all about the BP. I'm glad in a way that I don't have any high point players, it helps me stay hidden and doesn't put a target on my alliance.

DeletedUser

An alternate way of recruiting members is to beat them into joining you. Sounds mean, but really. Attack them, wipe out their forces. Show them who the Alpha male is. They will not want to get beat anymore so they will join you. When you think about it....Grepo is kinda like prison.

Sometimes that is exactly how I feel sometimes. Just got to beat up players so they will join your alliance. But if you think about it, it can backfire since it will show players are scarred to fight back. If one does then maybe that's how you know that player will be worth it.

DeletedUser

Hello Bizarre. The best start an alliance can have, is when the members have been together in a previous alliance, from a previous world. Of course, that's not your case, so you'll have to settle for second best.

Using good grammar, punctuation and sentence structure makes people look mature. Consider the following Alliance Invitations, and observe. Afterwards, think about which one you would join.

1. Alliance Invitation - Greetings fellow Grepolis player! I have scoured the core oceans far and wide, searching for worthwhile players to take part in my alliance. The alliance is named ______ , a name that came to me when I was reading up on Greek Mythology. I thought to myself, "Hey, they would be a great name for an Alliance!", And from that moment, my heart was set on the name the Alliance currently has. I've played in a few worlds before, but this time I'm hoping to get seriously involved. In this world, perhaps we can be a part of something big! Please, message me back on how you feel about joining my alliance, and I'll answer any questions that you may have. Along with this letter, you'll also find a direct invitation, whick you'll see in your invitation area.
Thanks for reading, I really hope we become good friends in this world. :)

2. mY iNVITATIONN - yO Dawg, uwanna join my alliance? well be top ofthe world lawl join join join.

Which one would you choose? Number one, obviously. From that point, things get easier and harder at the same time. Easier, since your invitation can become a template, and you won't have to completely write it up every time, and harder, because the more members you get, the harder it is to have accurate control on things like activity of members. (I know you didn't ask how to run an alliance, but I just thought I'd mention that anyway.)

A nice banner is always a bonus, but it won't matter so much if your invitation letter is of a high standard.

I hope I helped! <3

DeletedUser14613

1. Alliance Invitation - Greetings fellow Grepolis player! I have scoured the core oceans far and wide, searching for worthwhile players to take part in my alliance. The alliance is named ______ , a name that came to me when I was reading up on Greek Mythology. I thought to myself, "Hey, they would be a great name for an Alliance!", And from that moment, my heart was set on the name the Alliance currently has. I've played in a few worlds before, but this time I'm hoping to get seriously involved. In this world, perhaps we can be a part of something big! Please, message me back on how you feel about joining my alliance, and I'll answer any questions that you may have. Along with this letter, you'll also find a direct invitation, whick you'll see in your invitation area.
Thanks for reading, I really hope we become good friends in this world.

would love to get one of those once :)

DeletedUser

one thing that I would like to add to this discussion is that it is very important for leader and founder to itself set standards for others
because everybody likes to join top alliance having leaders who are in top of BP/point ranking,so if you are at 500 pt and you are asking a 800 pt person to join you then surely they won't join you,so in my view for an alliance to succeed it is very important to have 6-7 high point players in BP period,as someone else stated top players wait for BP to end and then they decide who to join,so first impression is last impression

DeletedUser18392

FarHazim-- Unless your forum account actually belongs to SokMBoppers, Koz the Great, Metalcore, Gendodo, Osl112, Eneid, Grende3 or d-d-d, having simply led an alliance on Lambda does not automatically qualify you as a good alliance leader. ;) I think this is something the two of you will have to settle in-game.

he's running Killer Instinct on Lambda at the moment, under the account Gibman