What Did Kill This Server

Rurick

Chiliarch
I have a masters degree in statistics, and they are clearly not lol
You dont know statistics. Because your calculation stupid wrong. Every trial has distribution +-10sec from time on what it was send. And that point with every trial shifted. So total range is -20 to +20 sec.

Milkarat

Chiliarch
You dont know statistics. Because your calculation stupid wrong. Every trial has distribution +-10sec from time on what it was send. And that point with every trial shifted. So total range is -20 to +20 sec.
All that matters is the variance from launch time, so it is still 21 seconds. You could just sign up for a class on timing and see it first hand now that you have ghosted.... Same to you @willsik .... If that is evidence enough that bots are involved then you would be mighty impressed at what is possible without bots. Besides, bots are incapable of being faster than a fast human. Any script will make your browser run a bit slower.

Try turning off all your scripts and just send and recall as fast as you can a few times, then try it with all your scripts on, then load up the bot u used to use and try it with that, it is considerable faster when you do it. In fact, you can send and recall an attack so fast it doesn't even trigger alarms... Cause the game takes a certain amount of time to process inputs, and this is also why bots will be worse at timing then a human.

You mentioned that there was multiple actions coming from different cities at the same time? Well if that was the case then that player would be banned.

Dr. Vawandinhax

Hipparchus
It's a bit disheartening to accuse such good players of botting, and taking all the credit with that.

Maybe just ask in PM how it was done, you might get a tip or two ;)

StickBug

Hoplite
I know this thread was started as a joke but it seems it's turned into the world end thread so - unfortunately it seems this world will go down as a prime example of grepolis dying, still a month left and only one real alliance left in the game.

It didn't end how I'd hoped but this server was still fun, thanks everyone for playing - friends and enemies alike :)

And of course a sincere congrats to the inevitable winners, was fun fighting against you guys for the last couple of months. Try not to get too bored while simming for the last month of the server ;)

Finegold

Hipparchus
I know this thread was started as a joke but it seems it's turned into the world end thread so - unfortunately it seems this world will go down as a prime example of grepolis dying, still a month left and only one real alliance left in the game.

It didn't end how I'd hoped but this server was still fun, thanks everyone for playing - friends and enemies alike :)

And of course a sincere congrats to the inevitable winners, was fun fighting against you guys for the last couple of months. Try not to get too bored while simming for the last month of the server ;)
Thanks, was a fine world while it lasted. Unfortunately it's impossible to not get bored while simming. One of these days before DOM I will surely forget to log in ;)

willsik

Lochagos
.... If that is evidence enough that bots are involved then you would be mighty impressed at what is possible without bots. Besides, bots are incapable of being faster than a fast human.

I didn't say it's imposimble. I said it's a little bit hard to do.
I've left because the alliance fell apart, not because someone uses bot or something

You mentioned that there was multiple actions coming from different cities at the same time? Well if that was the case then that player would be banned.

"slaughtering the cow, and receiving no milk"... not sure

Last edited:

Milkarat

Chiliarch
you cant tell just from this if someone is using bot or not. Depends on number of cities they can time. for example if players manage this timing out of 10 cities then they certainly use bot but if they can time over 50 cities then its normal

One thing to keep in mind tho, if all the cities are similar tt, you can time them all and if u fail, u just recall and try again and repeat till you same second enough to land and hold. Really just takes patience and practice. When I started this world I probably would have screamed bot at those kinds of timings, but there were people on my team that knew how to time well and they shared a few tips.

gkassimis

Hipparchus
One thing to keep in mind tho, if all the cities are similar tt, you can time them all and if u fail, u just recall and try again and repeat till you same second enough to land and hold. Really just takes patience and practice. When I started this world I probably would have screamed bot at those kinds of timings, but there were people on my team that knew how to time well and they shared a few tips.
there is no such thing as tips. you either do things properly or you dont. to do things properly isnt a tip. of course you can cancel and try many times to manage better timings, a fast internet connection is a bonus since you can try more times but still luck is playing the main role and the only way to beat antitimer is by using as many cities as possible.

wdj40

Hipparchus
there is no such thing as tips. you either do things properly or you dont. to do things properly isnt a tip. of course you can cancel and try many times to manage better timings, a fast internet connection is a bonus since you can try more times but still luck is playing the main role and the only way to beat antitimer is by using as many cities as possible.
I was in Young Guns a few days after it was formed by a group of really decent players. I got to know them and people who joined up with us along the way... Including Milkypoo up there in the thread

We fought against Buna, Finegold & co when Suglo formed... Until that point Young Guns dominated every war against all the top Alliances. Young Guns then lost a lot of cities to Suglo after a lot of our aggressive players left, went on VM or threw a temper tantrum (ItsBeenaWhile) and left.

During the phase of losing to Suglo a bunch of our players shouted Bot Bot Bot at the incredible timings of Suglo. But our top players who could do the same thing with Maths & Anchors showed how it can be done. Tbom, Simbom, Capable & Koan (There are more) as a small team can easily lock in tons of same seconnd support & attacks with a CS.

Discord is a huuuuuuuuuuuge help etc for an Alliance.

wdj40

Hipparchus
I just want to add Young Guns was the most fun I have had in Alliance for a long time. Beating multiple top Alliances on the way was great.

Even though we were losing to Suglo we had just started to turn it round as an Alliance, even made a couple of Suglo pests to Ghost. We turned down a Pact and merge requests from Suglo. Buuuuut poo hits the fan our Aallies 300 merged with Suglo instead lol and Vikings merged with Valhalla.

For me those 2 merges killed the server, Young Guns couldn't fight 3 Massive Alliances on all 4 fronts. Leading to merging with Suglo = game over. Valhalla mass ghosted instead of fighting a losing battle like we did in Young Guns.

I'm gutted I missed every thing 1 day early in VM and 1 day out late lol.

Finegold

Hipparchus
I just want to add Young Guns was the most fun I have had in Alliance for a long time. Beating multiple top Alliances on the way was great.

Even though we were losing to Suglo we had just started to turn it round as an Alliance, even made a couple of Suglo pests to Ghost. We turned down a Pact and merge requests from Suglo. Buuuuut poo hits the fan our Aallies 300 merged with Suglo instead lol and Vikings merged with Valhalla.
Pact and merge requests weren't from SUGLo. YG wanted to merge with Immortals and was pacted 300, long before SUGLo recruited anyone.

For me those 2 merges killed the server, Young Guns couldn't fight 3 Massive Alliances on all 4 fronts. Leading to merging with Suglo = game over. Valhalla mass ghosted instead of fighting a losing battle like we did in Young Guns.

I'm gutted I missed every thing 1 day early in VM and 1 day out late lol.
Unfortunate YG couldn't fight 3 "massive" alliances. We were fighting 4 on all 4 fronts.

This thread is a meme thread referencing world en134. What really killed this server is Valhalla mass ghosting and no competition left for SUGLo.

Last edited:

Milkarat

Chiliarch
Pact and merge requests weren't from SUGLo. YG wanted to merge with Immortals and was pacted 300, long before SUGLo recruited anyone.

Unfortunate YG couldn't fight 3 "massive" alliances. We were fighting 4 on all 4 fronts.

This thread is a meme thread referencing world en134. What really killed this server is Valhalla mass ghosting and no competition left for SUGLo.
OOF... Since when did YG try to merge with Immortals?

Finegold

Hipparchus
Multiple times. Maybe you don't know if you weren't in YG leadership, but 9-15 players in Immortals have been offered spots in YG.

wdj40

Hipparchus
Multiple times. Maybe you don't know if you weren't in YG leadership, but 9-15 players in Immortals have been offered spots in YG.
Yeah we were never ever going to merge with Immortals and it was never mentioned. Amongst their 15 Alliances were some excellent players(who are now in Suglo)... Malvarium, Columanial, Sethien and a few others. We absorbed some of their good players as we did when beating Equal Rights and But Women Never Wing etc.

The war with you guys was great lol. We sent you offers that were rejected and we were sent offers that were turned down :)

Kurbads waking up to being cleaned out and sieges everywhere is pure Gold

wdj40

Hipparchus
Hmmm actually I just thought what you heard about YG was probably a lot of false info. We used a few shady but really funny tactics. Quite a number of Mass Mails went out from our guys while we sat in Discord chuckling :)

We sent enemies rumours of Mass Ghosting, players supposedly leaving, wrong level walls, mass assistance on a random city etc etc. Works really well against MRA's