What do we think of the Age of Wonders?

DeletedUser

As Epsilon nears its end and the wonders have all been completed, we're back to normal again. I was wondering what the general consensus was about this addition to the game?

I'll start off with my opinion.

We were a very advanced world in Epsilon when the age of wonders arrived. Battle lines were redrawn and alliances merged or were formed to make a mega alliance to have enough players to compete in this race. All of that aside, we seemed to go into a period where virtually every large player simmed because resources were being sent to the wonders and there were none to spare for the rebuilding of any troops or ships damaged during attacks. Once the Wonder construction was well advanced, there were efforts to disrupt the construction of everyone else's wonders; some successful, others not. Now we are somewhat back to the way it was prior to the age of wonders, but with new alliances, new battles etc.

In my opinion, the age of wonders added nothing positive to my enjoyment of this game. It was a major distraction to the empire building, but mostly to the combat aspects of this game.

DeletedUser

I have to agree with that... The WW are a complete distraction from 'taking over the world'.

What did you mean when you said "We're back to normal again" ?

DeletedUser

I thought it was a waste of time that made alot of players quit and destroyed some good alliances.

DeletedUser

As Epsilon nears its end and the wonders have all been completed, we're back to normal again. I was wondering what the general consensus was about this addition to the game?

I'll start off with my opinion.

We were a very advanced world in Epsilon when the age of wonders arrived. Battle lines were redrawn and alliances merged or were formed to make a mega alliance to have enough players to compete in this race. All of that aside, we seemed to go into a period where virtually every large player simmed because resources were being sent to the wonders and there were none to spare for the rebuilding of any troops or ships damaged during attacks. Once the Wonder construction was well advanced, there were efforts to disrupt the construction of everyone else's wonders; some successful, others not. Now we are somewhat back to the way it was prior to the age of wonders, but with new alliances, new battles etc.

In my opinion, the age of wonders added nothing positive to my enjoyment of this game. It was a major distraction to the empire building, but mostly to the combat aspects of this game.
I have nothing to add spike:)