What do you hate about noobs?

DeletedUser

What i hate about noobs is how desensitised there all getting. Gone are the days when you could insult an noob and they would hit you with everything they had swordmen bries archers it was lovely. Then reading the reply to your insult message with swear counter going up and up. :( i really miss those days

DeletedUser

I'm a noob, I made my IG account yesterday and my forum account a few minutes ago. Or does that make me a newb?

Do you hate me? :(

DeletedUser11886

Meh, in the beginning of the world I was ranked #7 at max, and at that time I was invited by at least 6 alliances. Only 2 of them mailed me legitly. (not mass mail)

DeletedUser

well this has put me right off. Yes I'm new, but I really wanted to play, I tried to join an alliance, and was refused, fair enough- but I also asked for advice on whether there was a training alliance etc. I got a one line no, so came on the forum to discover you hate new people. Great. How are we supposed to start playing then? Think I'll stick to Lords and Knights

DeletedUser

phaha, this is a jokey thread mate. Don't take it so seriously.
Just message some players on your island. introduce yourself.. they may invite you to their alliance.

DeletedUser11886

@Missy and Last

Don't worry ;) Were talking about those new guys who are completely 'you know'…

But if you guys show potential in the forums and ingame, and you might be respected!

Good Luck in Grepolis and Welcome!

DeletedUser37948

Thats not true at all, no one hates new players. you seem to of missed the point of this thread, this is just an oppotunity to let of steam and reflect on some of the mistakes that new players continue to make. i also think it makes quite a good guide as to what not to do as a new player.
ps i will be replying to your ingame mail shortly as well.

DeletedUser

Thank you :)

I'm top on my island by 200 points, so presumably I'm doing things right.

I've basically been farming loads (do you call it that)? and following the quests.

I've been pretty active too.

DeletedUser27700

Don't be put off by this thread. This is just to rant about a few things some new players do. When you lead alliances or have been playing for a while, you will see what they mean.
This is not meant to put off new players, and I sincerely hope it did not do that.

DeletedUser37948

I have mailed missy gracie and spoken with her ingame and am currently helping her best i can as she is in my ocean.
lets face it grepolis is addictive how can you leave LOL

DeletedUser

it's true I have learnt lots of useful "things not to do" from this thread- I think it's probably the difference between a Noob and a new player that needs clarifying, yes we will make mistakes, but it is good to have a team of people to learn from, then we get to learn! I know in other things I play there is nothing worse than people who join the alliance, then ask for stuff, but never for advice, and then just get in the way, and never help anyone else.

DeletedUser27700

Like I said, I started a similar thread before here and got interesting responses.

The real point here is just blowing of steam.

DeletedUser

well this has put me right off. Yes I'm new, but I really wanted to play, I tried to join an alliance, and was refused, fair enough- but I also asked for advice on whether there was a training alliance etc. I got a one line no, so came on the forum to discover you hate new people. Great. How are we supposed to start playing then? Think I'll stick to Lords and Knights

I joined in November, and only recently started to post because some of the posts did come across as 'clicky'. However, I took the time to learn the game (to good effect I think), gained some confidence by posting on internal forums, and have gained a great deal of respect from experienced players. I wasn't about to jump through hoops in order to become accepted, I perservered with my game because I wanted to learn how to play for me. I now recognise that some of the so called experts who have advertised themselves as 'not a n00b', actually play a worse game than me! I'm not referring to anyone in particular here, just people who invited me to their alliance as if they were doing me a favour by even considering me in various games. Pfft!

I'd advise you have faith in yourself, I learnt a lot independently, but also a great deal by following good advice, of which there is plenty in these forums.

Don't ever feel you need approval to be here or play the game. If there are long term players who think they have that kind of influence, simply learn how to play better than they and kick them off their perch in game! Much much more satisfying! ;-D

But, yes, this thread is just for giggles, we've even poked fun at ourselves! :)

DeletedUser

Don't be put off by this thread. This is just to rant about a few things some new players do. When you lead alliances or have been playing for a while, you will see what they mean.
This is not meant to put off new players, and I sincerely hope it did not do that.
I understand, I play Tribal Wars too (heard of it?) and noobs there are often exasperating too.
I have mailed missy gracie and spoken with her ingame and am currently helping her best i can as she is in my ocean.
lets face it grepolis is addictive how can you leave LOL
I don't suppose anyone feels like helping/teaching me? ;)

DeletedUser11886

Go for a small alliance which has some experienced players. Check grepostats to see if they are active, and then ask them if they can help teach you and if you can join them. (Don't worry you can always leave later) See if they are near you or in your ocean first!

I would teach you, but I'm kind of a little busy.