What do you think of 1.2 upgrade to 2.0

Do you want the upgrade.

• Yes.

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • No.

Votes: 24 77.4%

• Total voters

DeletedUser

As you most probably know 1.2x is soon going to be upgraded to 2.0 and I would like to know your opinions on it. This poll won't influence a thing, the world is still going to be updated I just thought that I'd get your thoughts on the matter and why you are for/against it.

DeletedUser

Upgrade! I think it will bring more life to the world and the forums + more competition and BP :)

DeletedUser22133

No it won't. 2.0 turns the game into simcity.

The focus is not on making war anymore but on sending resources to the WW's. Activity will drop what will result in players who will stop playing.

Do you want that?

DeletedUser7697

I voted no because:

1. graphics make the game lag so it is hard to play in a slow computer.

2. The cutting down of training time of troop, attack planner and the Phoenician trader and other premium features gives a big edge to the big pockets!

3. If we want to play in 2.0 we can easily join 2.0 world. If we want to play a 1.26 world after the update we won't be to do so. Also if a person did not want to restart again from scratch they could just join a Hero World when it comes out. They will begin with three cities there.

4. Many alliances in Nu control several ocean so all they have to do is get the resources to build the WW and it would be hard to stop them.

5. Nu is good as it is now. Most of the people I talked to wants Nu to stay the same. In fact there many people who says they will quite the game if it upgrades.

6. 2.0 worlds work horribly in phones. Many of us can not be on the computer 24/7 and rely on phones when we are at work. Not having the phone support will make us blind for most of the day.

DeletedUser

I voted no because:

2. The cutting down of training time of troop, attack planner and the Phoenician trader and other premium features gives a big edge to the big pockets!

3. If we want to play in 2.0 we can easily join 2.0 world. If we want to play a 1.26 world after the update we won't be to do so. Also if a person did not want to restart again from scratch they could just join a Hero World when it comes out. They will begin with three cities there.

4. Many alliances in Nu control several ocean so all they have to do is get the resources to build the WW and it would be hard to stop them.

5. Nu is good as it is now. Most of the people I talked to wants Nu to stay the same. In fact there many people who says they will quite the game if it upgrades.

6. 2.0 worlds work horribly in phones. Many of us can not be on the computer 24/7 and rely on phones when we are at work. Not having the phone support will make us blind for most of the day.

Some good points here mate, however regarding point number 2. they have already announced this element of 2.0 will not be part of the upgrade, so you don't have to worry about that one.

I fully agree with you on point 6 though i joined Nu as it is a slow world and like you said, i cant be on the computer 24/7 due to work so i do rely heavily on my phone

I have the newest blackberry and it just cries and throws a tantrum when ever i try to get on the 2.0 worlds.....

DeletedUser

I'm all for it. I prefer 2.0.

I voted no because:

1. Sounds like a personal problem.

2. Spend more.

3. This I'll give you.

4. This too.

5. All I read was "baaaaaaaawwww".

6. Sounds like a much needed reality check.

DeletedUser4013

I fully agree with you on point 6 though i joined Nu as it is a slow world and like you said, i cant be on the computer 24/7 due to work so i do rely heavily on my phone

I have the newest blackberry and it just cries and throws a tantrum when ever i try to get on the 2.0 worlds.....

Unfortunately support for mobile devices hasn't been fully dealt with. It is hoped that with the upgrade Inno can focus on getting support for these devices made a reality and allow players to access the game through this medium.

DeletedUser7697

I'm all for it. I prefer 2.0.
1. Sounds like a personal problem.

This is not a personal problem. A lot of people said that they have the same problem.

2. Spend more..

Reading Dave 217 I guess the upgrade will not change premium that much

3. This I'll give you.

4. This too.

5. All I read was "baaaaaaaawwww".

Give a proper argument. Most of the people in the forums don’t want the upgrade. Also most people I have talked to doesn’t like the new version. Many of us have been playing in this world for over a year and like this version. You haven’t even played it for a month.

6. Sounds like a much needed reality check
I think you are the one who needs a reality check. Phones don’t work very well on 2.0 and that is a fact.

DeletedUser

Give a proper argument. Most of the people in the forums don’t want the upgrade. Also most people I have talked to doesn’t like the new version. Many of us have been playing in this world for over a year and like this version. You haven’t even played it for a month.

I wasn't arguing to begin with, I only stated that all I read from that post was, and I quote, "baaaaaaaawwww". I only posted that 'cause it you said people were thinking of quitting if the game upgrades. I find it very silly, but that's just me.

And yes, I'm technically a Nu player (pun intended). Doesn't change a thing.

This is not a personal problem. A lot of people said that they have the same problem.

Then I must have an awesome computer 'cause it works just fine for me.

I think you are the one who needs a reality check. Phones don’t work very well on 2.0 and that is a fact.

I should have elaborated a little more on numero 6 in my last post. I'll try again:

Why are you even using your phone to access Grepolis while at work? Does your supervisor know what you're doing on their time? Sounds like you take the game a little too seriously. Hench my "reality check" comment.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Thanks for your poll Durmanush123. It is appreciated, even if it is unlikely anything will change.

Innogames is currently modifying all their world games to have an end game. In this respect Innogames products are now moving towards becoming clones of other notable MMOs.

I have enjoyed my time with many Innogames products since the early days because they have focused on relaxing play rather than competitive play. I plan to finish out on Nu until it closes. However from what I am learning it would seem that the core benefit of remaining in the game is to allow players to discuss what other games are on the market and which ones they would like to move over to play as these type of discussions are now rampant. With over 50 million customers and with the recent shelving of Tribonia, Innogames appears to be making a number of poor business decisions. The MMO market is highly competitive and to risk the loss of 50 million customers with such a sweeping change appears foolish. I rather guess that the influx of new managers to Innogames are behind this new gaming model. So I will measure its success by the redundancies that are likely to follow.

V1.0 up to V1.23 Grepolis was perhaps the nicest looking MMO I have ever seen. It had an active life of at least five years and was operational on external devices like phones. So I am rather confused as to why the company would conduct a major modification to its core games rather than construct a new one to add to their stable.

V2.0 Grepolis will present a challenge to many players here because the nature of the game is entirely different. Anyone versed in competitive world dominance MMOs and obtaining victory in them, an elite brand of players by all accounts, will know why. Namely they demand excessive time to play, especially in the middle and end game. So to obtain victory and obtain a good ranking score one will need to play around 20 hours a day with a keyboard on a x1 speed world and more if they are faster. So accounts need to tandem play 24/7. This is how mainline MMO competitive players play in other games. In addition they will also spend a significant amount of gold too and this will increase exponentially as the game goes on.

In addition to this the MRA issue will become more profound due to the ease in which players can form and build alliances. The same is not true with other dominance based MMOs because the companies understand that players need to reach a specific benchmark to obtain the right to form an alliance, otherwise the game becomes swamped with substandard alliances. Naturally these put off dedicated MMO victory players, so I would expect a number of poor reviews coming because capable gamers understand that poor alliance leaders contribute to the loss of players, including those that have both the time and money to play.

If you desire to play then appreciate what you will need to give up to play what is essentially a very simplistic online game. In fairness the world wonder concept is over eight years old now. So the concept is a massive leap backwards. MMO players want simple regularity and ease of play now, not a product that promotes internet addiction.

So many of the most trusted customer base are likely to say So Long and Thanks for all the Fish

Cyrus

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser16592

Exactly I thought the same I have a job and are currently studying and working in the games industry, I picked grepo up because it was slow paced and as you said you don't need to be at your keyboard 24/7 this would be the second MMO to do this evony being the first so inno thanks for the good times but once the change comes so long...