What exactly is the difference between PnP and recruiting?

DeletedUser

In the world I live in, there are two subforum.

One is named Alliances, one is named General chat.

Common sense tells me that if you want to talk about your Alliance, you'd go to Alliances, and for anything not-Alliance to General.

Yet we have a few PnP's in General which look a lot like a recruitment message to me.

Where exactly is the line between posts which belong in Alliances, and which belong in General?

(Note: this is not a complaint, but an attempt at understanding the moderating policies around here)

DeletedUser

PnP or Politics and Propaganda is, to my knowledge, an attempt by one alliance/player to affect the look/reputation of another alliance/player usually in a negative way. PnP is, by no means an attempt to recruit players. It is solely for the purpose of affecting the reputation of an alliance or player either in a positive or negative aspect. So, in saying that the difference between PnP's and recruiting should be obvious.

Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. ;)

Edit: To the wiki!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

That is what I thought as well. This particular message is quite positive and "confident" about the alliance. It even had replies calling it a good recruitment effort.

So is PnP always supposed to be negative about something else, or can it also be boasting about yourself (as the wiki suggests). If the latter...then why is there a seperate alliances-subforum?

DeletedUser

PnP in a nut shell is about altering the general publics opinion of your alliance, or the alliance you are fighting or about to fight etc etc. In most cases, it makes you look good, and the other alliance bad at the same time.

The separate alliances-subform is for recruitment only, where as the general section is for all sorts of things. From PnP to discussion about the current rankings etc

DeletedUser4013

The information on the Wiki is fairly accurate about what PnPs are allowed to have in them. There are a lot of really good examples in the older worlds where wars have been waged on epic scales between various coalitions of alliances.

The Alliance sub-forum is generally for the recruitment of players into an alliance or for those players looking for an alliance to join.

DeletedUser

PnP's are usually about wars, and their may be many participants in a war. But alliances are usually made and announced in the alliance forum.

DeletedUser4013

I almost feel as though this is a dead horse being beaten. I'll keep this open for more people to add what they think PnPs cover and all until Wollongong lets us know he gets the difference.