Answered What happnes if Conquest is researched as my CS is travelling?

DeletedUser30559

Hey all,

couldn't find this in forums so here goes,

If my CS is travelling whilst Conquest is being researched, and the research completes before the CS lands, can I conquer the city??

regards,
slay

DeletedUser

I assume this is for the Siege system.

It won't work. I don't know if you will be unable to send the CS altogether or if the CS will return upon arrival, but the siege will not start that's for certain :)

Ranga1

Strategos
I believe it would land, ive never played conquest before but there is no prerequisite in "sending " the attack but if you have it researched before the CS lands I believe it would work, I cant see why it wouldn't, not sure why kyllmen is so certain about it :D

DeletedUser

I've read several threads on other communities saying it wouldn't let you send, and even saw a screenshot, but these threads are old so they might have changed it by now :)

1st thread
2nd thread (screenshot is in French at the end of the thread, it reads "To conquer an enemy city, you must first research Conquest")

Anyway, I found one of my cities that doesn't have conquest researched, I'll be able to see if it lets me send the CS in a few minutes, I'll edit this post to show the result :)

EDIT: I confirm what I said earlier, the game will not let you send the CS if the conquest research has not yet been completed: Screenshot
As you can see, the CS would have landed after the research was completed but the game still didn't allow the launch.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ranga1

Strategos
That's why you were certain :D well done, i guess now it's answered cupcake

Last edited by a moderator: