What is hyperboria's endgame?

DeletedUser

What is the endgame for hyperboria? Is there a way to "win" this game or is this an open ended training field for noobs like me? Since there is no conquest or world wonders, what is the purpose? Please enlighten this noob. Thank you!

DeletedUser

There is no way to 'win.' But rather, the point of the game is to play the game

DeletedUser29066

Be interesting to find out, although I guess there's really no rush

DeletedUser

Do the other worlds with conquest or revolt have an end to them? I mean, is the purpose of the game to take over the world you are playing in or is there another purpose to the game like controlling the majority of the world or raising the world's level so it can achieve greater wonders?

DeletedUser29066

I don't remember the details, but yes. Has something to do with alliance sizes/points and building World Wonders. It's been several months since I last played a regular world.

DeletedUser

So if your alliance reaches a certain point level or size then you and your alliance "win" or take over the world of hyperboria? Or does hyperboria then enter the world wonders stage? Sorry for the noob questions but I'm trying to understand hyperboria's gaming reason/purpose other than to just play a game that has no apparent resolution or than getting farmed.

DeletedUser

I mean before I decide if I should spend money on this game I need to know what I'm trying to accomplish other than avoiding getting farmed.

DeletedUser29066

I mean before I decide if I should spend money on this game I need to know what I'm trying to accomplish other than avoiding getting farmed.

Avoiding getting farmed is a good thing .. LOL

If you haven't played another world yet just learn the game and then take what you've learned to a regular world when you're ready

DeletedUser

In most worlds, the way you 'win' is by building 4 of the 7 World Wonders. However, this server doesn't have WWs. This server is for people who want to play grepolis with their buds but don't want to stress out. It will close when there are less than 300 active players on it.

DeletedUser

I've found the answer to the meaning of my existence in hyperboria/grepolis - And that is to earn the "Heroic tactician award" and enter the "Hero Worlds". Cool! I can't wait to say "I'm Batman"!

DeletedUser

In most worlds, the way you 'win' is by building 4 of the 7 World Wonders. However, this server doesn't have WWs. This server is for people who want to play grepolis with their buds but don't want to stress out. It will close when there are less than 300 active players on it.

Oh, so can you obtain the Heroic tactician award on hyperboria?

DeletedUser

I think one of the requirements is to conquer a city, would a ghost city count for that, guys?

DeletedUser

I know that, but the time required for conquering ghosts (in conquer worlds) is the same time as founding cities, twice as much as conquering cities. Also, you don't need conquest researched to conquer ghosts. So, how much does it really count as conquering?

DeletedUser

I found these requirements for the Heroic tactician award; I guess you can do these things on hyperboria:
To obtain the Award you must complete the following 5 challenges:
Requirement Challenge Number
1 Found a city 1
2 Takeover a city 1
3 Cast a divine spell 100
4 Ranklisting points 20,000
5 Battlepoints 7500

DeletedUser

I found these requirements for the Heroic tactician award; I guess you can do these things on hyperboria:
To obtain the Award you must complete the following 5 challenges:
Requirement Challenge Number
2 Takeover a city 1

This is the one which we are debating as to whether you can complete it on Hyperborea