What is the best defense combination

DeletedUser

Thank you guys!
Well, chariots are good in defense and offense... I used them, I have a chariot city, and yeah, I survived... But they need so much time, and resources and population to be built... They are strong enough... And I'm thinking seriously of building up medusas!
But, as hell is well says, you team up with a good combination of swords, archers and some hoplites, and you are able to survive ;)

P.S. Pythagorus, I don't think you are noob :p

DeletedUser

a plainitive newbie's request for Rooster Jones.

Re: Rooster's Rules.

Please, Sir, can we have some more?

DeletedUser

Rooster I have already done it!
And the tower I suppose is helpful, isn't it?

DeletedUser

a plainitive newbie's request for Rooster Jones.

Re: Rooster's Rules.

Please, Sir, can we have some more?

LoL! With pleasure Sir......

Check out this thread, there's a few more scattered in there. Just remember, when it comes Rooster's Rules... its extremely important that you never EVER read them in numerical order.

words-of-wisdom-from-the-experianced-players

Rooster I have already done it!
And the tower I suppose is helpful, isn't it?

If you are in hostile waters, the Tower is critical.

If you find your city in safe waters... surrounded by friends... go for the Divine Statue instead and increase the speed of your Favor production.

DeletedUser

Thank you lil Rooster :p
Any comments on oracle for the lil girl???????

DeletedUser

when it comes to right-hand-side special buildings i actually prefer none :p (although tower comes in handy in red seas). for me the extra population is worth more than the extra favour you'd get from a statue, but that's the great thing about grepo - many ways to play it ;)

DeletedUser22650

theres only one sure fire defence and thats to outgrow everyone else, thats on a player and alliance wide lvl

...and ill take statues over 60 pop any day, if your fully loaded stop being lazy and fire at something :p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I can agree with Pyth on the right hand special buildings... not having any is a reasonable game plan... IF you are an aggressive player.

DeletedUser

Personally I like the statues because they reload my favor like hell. Quick call of the oceans, favorable winds, manticores etc.

DeletedUser

Thank you for your opinions guys!
And of course, I suppose you can't do without thermal baths :p

DeletedUser

yeah... that is what makes this game fun... the many combinations and styles of play

DeletedUser

@ Hell is well, i totally agree with you! :p And theaters, to my mind, are a waste of time!!
@ Saska, I've never thought like this! And I believe you are right, but still it depends on the type of player and what seems more convenient to them...

DeletedUser

to be quite frank i usually don't even have lvl25 temples in my cities :p favour rolls in fast enough without using up a ton of free population on temples once you have a few cities ;)

DeletedUser

Same with me...
From my 37 cities, only 10(?not sure!) have the temple at level 25...
I believe mines are more important, always having them at level 40...

DeletedUser

So, you say "better the temple at 25, rather than divine statue"? ;)

DeletedUser

Well, somewhere read that catapults reduce the city's defensive strength!
Is this true? And if yes, to what extent?