What is wrong with Marathon?

DeletedUser

Is the server down? It was very slow just an hour ago, now I cannot log in.....The page comes up with the following:
502 Bad Gateway

.I have attacks incoming and this puts me in a position of being unable to defend my city.

:eek::pro::supermad:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Is the server down? It was very slow just an hour ago, now I cannot log in.....The page comes up with the following:
502 Bad Gateway

.I have attacks incoming and this puts me in a position of being unable to defend my city.

:eek::pro::supermad:

What is wrong is that sad people will do anything to win, regardless of the cost to their soul. I have pity and also contempt. May they enjoy their hollow digital badge. Whoopee.

DeletedUser

I pity those that have to find some way to rationalize to themselves why they lost, even if it means false accusations. Even worse when a large elitist group has the same mentality that they're so good it's not possible that in some way they were beat and the winners must have cheated... I have no pity for them. Thankfully many at TBD have been able to accept what happened with some dignity. Not that it's over yet because it isn't but they had just as good of odds of winning as GOW in my eyes right up until the end.

DeletedUser19930

How many times were you and other leaders of your alliance banned Polski85??? And why don't you own up and say why you and others were banned.
I know because you and another banned player admitted in a PM you sent to me at the time.
I have pity for all the players that worked hard for over a year and were always facing a uphill battle only to get to the top and find that cheats found even more recent ingenious ways to win. You and other players in your alliance will never be able to walk around Grepolis with your crowned head held high - wherever you go players that know you, will point out that your alliance won from bot programming, sharing passwords, etc.
Cheats ruin the game of Grepolis. And I'm glad the admin team finally brought in the Kaptcha security code to try and eliminate Bot programming. Although I wish they would permanently ban players from the world they cheat on. Not just a slap on the hand with a 3 day ban.
I have seen so many game friends leave Grepolis because of the cheating that goes on and the mild penalties handed out.

Perhaps Grepolis should set up a Cheats World and send all cheats there - to play against each other.

DeletedUser

And you'd be first to join right? Fact of the matter is I've seen so many good players leave because of you. I've been keeping an eye on the stats in your new world, not even your closest friends stayed right? And from what I heard you were the one who liked to share passwords. I admit, when I was new to grepolis in the beginning I had someone log into and maintain my account, and we were both banned for 5 days as a result. I didn't know that was against the rules then. And when my first city was under siege in Marathon because all my support was out in yours... You actually had a leader in your then alliance that you would later abandon log in to check on the siege status, as I wasn't able to be on for several hours.

Oh, and yes, I told you about botting, used it a few times, but long before captcha, because it doesn't work once you have more than 5 cities. And if I'm not mistaken you actually admitted to me that you had used it too, even if for only a short time you did, so how are you any better? Furthermore you never complained when you sent me desperate PMs for resources almost daily for some time, even requests of fill these 5 cities for me, and I did. And for the record, I was banned once, for having Maisol maintain my account while I was on my honeymoon, maybe you'll have one someday... lol. Again, I had only been playing for just a few months and was new to grepo, I did not know that was against the rules but I have no problems admitting I made a mistake. You say uphill battles, you were the one in the #1 alliance as founder, you had 10 cities when I had 3, SE made it to a million points when GOW was only 150k, WA was larger than GOW at the end and most of the time it existed, TBD and WA both declared war on GOW, how again was your "battle" uphill other than keeping up with your slanderous propaganda against myself and GOW in general? And while we're comparing records how many of your players were banned for botting, multi-accounting... etc?

Your loss was your own, you could have stayed in GOW if you had just followed the rules and listened, not made yet another power grab like you did in your world previous to Marathon, then again in SE, and an attempt in GOW. Basically it came down to your leadership or mine and mine won out. I dedicated just as much time and effort as you did, if not more. Not as much gold I'll say that. But my efforts were directed at helping my members grow, not myself.

And you mention that I'll never be able to hold my head up high, well thing is I don't have to, we won, and I did it with a clean conscience knowing I did nothing more shady or against the rules than yourself and many of your leaders. You are the one trying yet again to win, why should I try to win again when I already have? And if I should be so ashamed to hold my head up high why are you the one who changed your name in your new world? If I was going to play another I would proudly flaunt my crown and who I am, I'm Polski and people respect me, even many in WA, they told me after you had your renaming and ghost to avoid the shame party.

So I guess I should say something in closing. I guess, if I had to I could start in the world you're in now and beat you again. Fancy a third time unlucky? I'm sure you'd find some way to rationalize it even if I was able to pull off such a feat at great odds, but I am a better leader by all counts and happy members win worlds.

PS: While we're doing numbers here, how many cities did you take from me? Because you were more than twice my size and all around me at the end. And how many cities did you lose to a player less than half your size who you think you're so much better than?

Pol.