What made Iota the most pathetic of all the worlds?

DeletedUser

Ok at one point a few months back IOTA had almost double the players. There are many reasons that can factor into why they have left and i will let you all "think" about them on your own. All I am gonna show is the fact we are the MOST pathetic of all the worlds. With Eta, Theta, and Lambda as close 2nds. What a shame.

------------
EN1 Enter Alpha Section
7,917 players, 29,243 alliances, 358,176 cities
EN2 Enter Beta Section
31,376 players, 21,825 alliances, 302,426 cities
EN3 Enter Gamma Section
10,338 players, 18,568 alliances, 216,836 cities
EN4 Enter Delta Section
10,377 players, 19,615 alliances, 219,841 cities
EN5 Enter Epsilon Section
6,925 players, 14,716 alliances, 164,166 cities
EN6 Enter Zeta Section
7,056 players, 11,696 alliances, 137,409 cities
EN7 Enter Eta Section
6,196 players, 11,022 alliances, 139,555 cities
EN8 Enter Theta Section
6,644 players, 9,405 alliances, 126,703 cities
EN9 Enter Iota Section
5,956 players, 7,463 alliances, 86,556 cities

EN10 Enter Kappa Section
8,224 players, 7,775 alliances, 88,385 cities
EN11 Enter Lambda Section
6,327 players, 5,195 alliances, 70,885 cities
EN12 Enter Mu Section
8,351 players, 6,855 alliances, 97,998 cities
EN13 Enter Nu Section
23,405 players, 6,628 alliances, 102,442 cities
EN14 Enter Speed Section
27,490 players, 4,300 alliances, 59,044 cities
EN15 Enter Omicron Section
28,414 players, 3,236 alliances, 43,349 cities
EN16 Enter Pi Section
20,006 players, 1,600 alliances, 17,192 cities
EN17 Enter Rho Section
27,460 players, 2,105 alliances, 24,375 cities
EN18 Enter Sigma Section
17,477 players, 1,510 alliances, 16,312 cities

DeletedUser

Ok at one point a few months back IOTA had almost double the players. There are many reasons that can factor into why they have left and i will let you all "think" about them on your own. All I am gonna show is the fact we are the MOST pathetic of all the worlds. With Eta, Theta, and Lambda as close 2nds. What a shame.

------------
EN1 Enter Alpha Section
7,917 players, 29,243 alliances, 358,176 cities
EN2 Enter Beta Section
31,376 players, 21,825 alliances, 302,426 cities
EN3 Enter Gamma Section
10,338 players, 18,568 alliances, 216,836 cities
EN4 Enter Delta Section
10,377 players, 19,615 alliances, 219,841 cities
EN5 Enter Epsilon Section
6,925 players, 14,716 alliances, 164,166 cities
EN6 Enter Zeta Section
7,056 players, 11,696 alliances, 137,409 cities
EN7 Enter Eta Section
6,196 players, 11,022 alliances, 139,555 cities
EN8 Enter Theta Section
6,644 players, 9,405 alliances, 126,703 cities
EN9 Enter Iota Section
5,956 players, 7,463 alliances, 86,556 cities

EN10 Enter Kappa Section
8,224 players, 7,775 alliances, 88,385 cities
EN11 Enter Lambda Section
6,327 players, 5,195 alliances, 70,885 cities
EN12 Enter Mu Section
8,351 players, 6,855 alliances, 97,998 cities
EN13 Enter Nu Section
23,405 players, 6,628 alliances, 102,442 cities
EN14 Enter Speed Section
27,490 players, 4,300 alliances, 59,044 cities
EN15 Enter Omicron Section
28,414 players, 3,236 alliances, 43,349 cities
EN16 Enter Pi Section
20,006 players, 1,600 alliances, 17,192 cities
EN17 Enter Rho Section
27,460 players, 2,105 alliances, 24,375 cities
EN18 Enter Sigma Section
17,477 players, 1,510 alliances, 16,312 cities

Or maybe those of us here are just the best and totally committed ;) I played Theta, Lambda, Nu and Xi.. honestly don't think any were better.. Xi is good, but it's early days.

I'd be interested to know how many players were here before we all started to fight each other.. how many we lost since then.. I know in terms of Evo we lost more 3 months ago than we have done now... and certainly lost more really good players.

On problem is Iota came out not long after Theta which has simliar settings apart from the speed. Lambda and Omicron came out with the same settings so many new players that might have joined iota went there to start in the core rather than here in the rim. And Rho has the same settings on 2.0 and I imagine we lost a few from iota there too, everyone wanted to try it out. There are less newer conquest worlds so the old ones still attract players. Everytime they bring out a new speed 2 revolt world, I think Iota will suffer. Also wonder what the difference is with morale worlds.. I think morales gets to everyone once you get bigger.

I don't think number of players really reflects how good a world is.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

you gotta factor in so many different scenarios and situations as to why ppl have left the world. I imagine that once ppl are conquered, they rarely return in that world to start over again unless they've got a whack load of CP built up to gain cities with.

So im gona say that as the world progresses and the quality players wipe out the rest, the number of players will in turn diminish. Which just means that the world is better for those that are left over to fight one another.

Other worlds could be better because there are more players to go up against. But over time things will change yet again. ppl become bored with their games and will leave. it happens in every case. As long as you're having fun playing and it's a challenge, i dont think anyone will really care about which world is best. every player will have his or her own say on why their world is better than the others.

DeletedUser

Its because of you......... you and your stupid stupid posts.......

DeletedUser

Its because of you......... you and your stupid stupid posts.......

Oh Bobo... this is not a post to take offense to but actually think on. To lose nearly half the players in 3 month period is horrid man. Real life does factor in... and there is nothing we can do about that. But where is the enticement for people to join Iota.

We have already lost too many great players. If you do not see that you are blind. Ok those that were lost that did not matter either way we say whatever.

Lastly dude you need to NOT take what I say here to heart it is something I think we should be concerned about. Soon we will be very very few. Then what? Circle jerk? Think about it before you jump the gun................

DeletedUser

i have an idea. Two words....

1. Revolt....
2. Morale....

Not often am i so certain i am correct, but as a alpha player originally i hated the system when i started here, but i adapted. The volume of people here i have known and seen leave when new servers without those two words in them came out.

Hell i even saw a few leave and come to play on alpha before it got locked

DeletedUser

"Most Pathetic World", because it has the least players?

Well, why not "Most Elite World" in that case?

DeletedUser

Enas, the world can't replace them as quick as you rim 'em. :D

DeletedUser

As we have been growing, defeating players, and taking more cities, it just makes sense that there should be less players. Any rate, I am sure there are the same amount of cities over all in this world for quite some time. Personally, I like the revolt system and I do not even think about the morale system. This has been my first world and so far my favorite.

DeletedUser

i have an idea. Two words....

1. Revolt....
2. Morale....

Not often am i so certain i am correct, but as a alpha player originally i hated the system when i started here, but i adapted. The volume of people here i have known and seen leave when new servers without those two words in them came out.

Hell i even saw a few leave and come to play on alpha before it got locked

Yeah I am surprized with the ammount of players on Beta... 35k WOW

"Most Pathetic World", because it has the least players?

Well, why not "Most Elite World" in that case?

That is the spirit. Hold onto that candle. I would agree for the sake of agreeing but the truth is the people that have left are irreplaceable. Great character and great gamers. So many and so sorely missed.

Enas, the world can't replace them as quick as you rim 'em. :D

Haha thanks for the vote of confidence, but I am a small duck on a very large pond. I do seem on the surface to be calm, but under the water I am churning a mile a minute.

DeletedUser

Revolt, Morale and Speed 2. When you get 20+ cities its a snail paced game and just not fun anymore.

DeletedUser

Revolt, Morale and Speed 2. When you get 20+ cities its a snail paced game and just not fun anymore.

Revolt = I have never played any other way so can not comment

Moarle = Stop trying to be a bully and fight those the same as you or higher. If you need to pick on a 3 city guy with 20+ cities then you need to check yourself.

Speed 2 = No idea the differance between the speeds... only have played this world.

DeletedUser

Avoiding whether fewer players is a sign of good or bad, here's my take.

First, this is my first world so what do I know? Having said that, revolt, morale and speed may be factors but I'd doubt the big one.

My vote is the impact of Evolution but I'm not sure how prevalent "all star" alliances are, though, in other worlds. Most alliances have a few strong and active players surrounded by lots of casual or inexperienced players. Evo took a lot of those strong players out of circulation which doomed a lot of alliances. I have no idea whether this winnowing effect has lead to a stronger percentage of good players or just fewer players. Then again, I can't even give you anything to prove this is an impact to begin with.

DeletedUser

I can add that Epsilon (a slower world) is just not much fun when you also play a faster world. I quit that world when I found that building upgrades and support take so much longer to cover the same ground.

I'm probably alone, but I dislike the conquest system. It's annoying how long it takes and how mis-timed attack support can really put a wrench in things. With revolt, it can be shortened to 12 hrs and done. No long, dramatic "wait and see" if enemy players will sink my cs in the harbor. More likely than not, my own alliance sunk my cs.

I think morale gives smaller players around the rim a chance to shake things up. Also forces alliances to recruit smaller players that can tangle more effectively with the smaller alliances. My alliance may not be around in Iota without morale.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser14937

well i don't play iota and i haven't read too much of this so i'll give a brief and probably highly inaccurate answer to your dilemma.

what made iota the most pathetic of all worlds?
thats its own players are willing to say that it is.

DeletedUser

There are many valid reasons why we lose players.

#1 culprit - real life
#2 - New worlds
#3 - New Games

#4 - Developing a superhuge MRA instead of small groups that pretty much play tug-o-war with eachother. (Look at Alpha or Beta 1-2 big players in each allaince and they just war with eachother.)

#5 - The people that remain are not worth sticking around for.
#6 - Enemy takes some cities then the own alliance throws that individual under the bus, instead of helping them out.
#7 - Lack of respect/Childishness

I fight some guys every day and I talk to them and have gotten to know them so well because they are great people. Regardless if we fight in game.