What's cracklin' Herakl'in?

DeletedUser

So, I'm only really active on Heraklion (my first server I tried) and our forums are only one of four servers with a morale status of Inactive. What's the dealyo? What's going on?

Also, I've been curious, how many top alliances are "present" on multiple servers? I've seen Wolf Pack on a couple. Is that common?

-γωχῃς

DeletedUser

So I think there is a misunderstanding. Morale is an in-game concept. Basically, it helps small players attacked by big players, by giving them a defensive advantage. Most worlds seem to be active morale worlds, but this one is not.

Is γωχῃς an archaic dative plural? The ῃς ending is throwing me off.

DeletedUser

Ah, thanks for clearing that up. So basically, you're saying Heraklion is one of four slightly more leet worlds, by nature of having no-morale. Good to know.

Regarding my signature, that's a muffed-up version of what I thought was a archaic spelling in nom. sg. (like Zeus, or Prometheus). I've since learned more about ancient Greek. But, knowing that spelling was not standardized in ancient times (but ignoring that the minuscule font was not developed until the middle ages), I keep it in my rotation of alternate spellings of my name (which is obviously an English-derived portmanteu). Now I usually spell it γωχέυς, or initial things: ΓΧΣ. I need to learn more about Mycenean Greek to achieve more accuracy, but having no prior Greek knowledge, I'm getting there step by step.

DeletedUser

Based on homeric spellings of Odysseus, I think you could just go with γυχεύς (vel sim.) for an archaic spelling.

I don't know enough about Linear B to offer a solid suggestion on Mycenaean Greek, but perhaps something like Ku-ke-u or Ku-ke-wa would work. Of course, people might look at you funny if you signed off Ku-ke-wa.

DeletedUser

Based on homeric spellings of Odysseus, I think you could just go with γυχεύς (vel sim.) for an archaic spelling.

I don't know enough about Linear B to offer a solid suggestion on Mycenaean Greek, but perhaps something like Ku-ke-u or Ku-ke-wa would work. Of course, people might look at you funny if you signed off Ku-ke-wa.

Wow.

I suddenly feel really dumb

DeletedUser

I have a question about market places, and there's so many boards on these forums that I don't even want to look to find where to ask dumb newbie questions. But here goes:

If I place a trade offer on the "open" market, but it has not yet been accepted by another player, if I'm under attack are those resources susceptible to pillage? I assume that after they're 'on the sea' as it were, they're safe from looting. I'm just not sure about the trades that I would find under the "Your own offers" tab. Lootable?

DeletedUser

Yeah. What he said.

Don't feel dumb, there have got to be at least a small portion of Grepolis players who actually know a thing or two about ancient Greece and ancient Greek. I happen to be more of a linguist than a Greek scholar, so my understanding of the language is only superficial, and the culture, minimal. I'm sure you know tons of stuff that I don't.

DeletedUser

If I place a trade offer on the "open" market, but it has not yet been accepted by another player, if I'm under attack are those resources susceptible to pillage? I assume that after they're 'on the sea' as it were, they're safe from looting. I'm just not sure about the trades that I would find under the "Your own offers" tab. Lootable?

you are wright with your assumption

DeletedUser29225

I think he meant to say that your assumption about resources in the market place, while being attacked is *right*.

DeletedUser

Don't feel dumb, there have got to be at least a small portion of Grepolis players who actually know a thing or two about ancient Greece and ancient Greek. I happen to be more of a linguist than a Greek scholar, so my understanding of the language is only superficial, and the culture, minimal. I'm sure you know tons of stuff that I don't.
I'm sure I don't, but it's nice of you to say. =)

DeletedUser

I think he meant to say that your assumption about resources in the market place, while being attacked is *right*.

Well my assumption was about resources actually in the process of a trade being safe. My question, however, was about market offers. Say I can trade up to 10,000 resources with a city at a time and I use all of that putting up trades that I know no one will take: like 500rock for 15000silver, but like 20 of these trades. If I'm attacked before someone agrees to pay 15000 silver and the resources are on their way, are those offered resources vulnerable to pillage?

DeletedUser29225

If they are not in your city when you are attacked, the resources are not taken.